What's new

Question - Hish-Qu-Ten [Pre-XL] Are any Predator mains worried about him getting nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i can honestly say that i feel HQT is going to get touch and lose a good bit of his jailing and damage but also i'm sure hunter predator will be hit because of the fact he can do crazy trap set ups where the trap always hit but i feel hunter is fair because of bad defense but warrior needs a few buffs so hopefully they do the right thing

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I'd really like a buff on his walk/walk back speed mainly and something to give him better AA so players can't just jump over him all day with little to no worries. Other than that it would be nice to have faster startup on F212 so he'd have a better mid. Would be nice to have slightly faster start up on his schimitar stab too, stupidly slow move.

I'd really like a buff on his walk/walk back speed mainly and something to give him better AA so players can't just jump over him all day with little to no worries. Other than that it would be nice to have faster startup on F212 so he'd have a better mid. Would be nice to have slightly faster start up on his schimitar stab too, stupidly slow move.
I'd love a better AA cause I feel like I get jumped on for free too! I either have to make a hard read and njp or jk into disc which is risky if you whiff it. I've been playing kotal in the beta and having his AA grab is a godsend.

ando1184

Noob
I honestly can't wait until cyrax and leather face come out so people can see what "really stupid" traps, damage, and zoning looks like. Maybe then, they'll realize how much of an overreaction they have made about this character. People really need to lab more.....just sayin.

I'd love a better AA cause I feel like I get jumped on for free too! I either have to make a hard read and njp or jk into disc which is risky if you whiff it. I've been playing kotal in the beta and having his AA grab is a godsend.
F1 is his best anti air normal. It's good but it's not reliable against the best jump ins such as kotal's j1 and scorpion's j3. NJP is good too but it's more of a read unless you have great reactions.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
quan's zoning is way better now, so the game has a good zoner already.

HQT's pew pew is lame, I'd like a good nerf to the guy.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Nope he will only get buffed. Predator is a WB character as is Alien so NRS has to be careful as to how they treat and mess with those characters. The huge highlight of MKX and MKXL will be the ultimate gameplay matchup between Alien VS. Predator as the films. So NRS will not, I say will not nerf those characters to the point of removing them from top tier status. WB wants to see those characters get air-time at tournaments and becoming popular characters that players buy and use. WB told NRS "can't touch this!-doo do do dum...do dum do dum, can't touch this....hammer time!'

I think it's the universal smart disc that's a bit over the top in HQT. I honestly don't think he needs a damage reduction, haven't really found any combos that go beyond 27% mid screen meterless just playing around with him in the lab. I'd say give him more recovery frames to lasers as it's his cancels that gives him his rushdown pressure.

F1 is his best anti air normal. It's good but it's not reliable against the best jump ins such as kotal's j1 and scorpion's j3. NJP is good too but it's more of a read unless you have great reactions.
Yeah I've tried using f1, and s1 but I suck at timing it in the heat of the moment and even suck worse at converting it so usually I just block cause I get sick of getting fully comboed trying to AA.

navaroNe

I hear ya, his f1 does not have the greatest hitbox, would be nice if they could improve upon that. I usually have better luck with s1 or NJP but yeah those are pretty hard to time, seems like Predator's NJP has to be timed pretty precisely or it just whiffs

navaroNe

so predator loses dmg on lasers plus his laser cancels are less advantage on block? lmao, almost all his strings start off high so his cancels were already shitty. I don't play HQT much but seems pretty unnecessary. pretty disappointed they didn't even mention Hunter ffs. Predator is going to get wrecked by these Aliens.

Reactions: JDM
so predator loses dmg on lasers plus his laser cancels are less advantage on block? lmao, almost all his strings start off high so his cancels were already shitty. I don't play HQT much but seems pretty unnecessary. pretty disappointed they didn't even mention Hunter ffs. Predator is going to get wrecked by these Aliens.
Yeah I'm okay with these except the cancels. Literally every cancel except f12, 32, and s4 were barely even plus and you could still poke out of nearly everything. Only f12 and s4 jail into another f12 where there's still no mixup at all (not to mention they are like just frame jails) But really who uses s4 in the neutral?? The only thing you couldn't poke of out is if you do a cancel and then go into 21 (his like only mid) but then that's where the guessing ends and you are neutral after 21.

JDM

Noob
Yeah I'm okay with these except the cancels. Literally every cancel except f12, 32, and s4 were barely even plus and you could still poke out of nearly everything. Only f12 and s4 jail into another f12 where there's still no mixup at all (not to mention they are like just frame jails) But really who uses s4 in the neutral?? The only thing you couldn't poke of out is if you do a cancel and then go into 21 (his like only mid) but then that's where the guessing ends and you are neutral after 21.
you clearly play predator wrong dude

navaroNe

I'm pretty upset goro got a buff to his walk speed but they left predator out in the rain, if they would have atleast addressed that I would be happy. I don't forsee many predator players in MKXL, even less than before which is pretty sad considering how cool a character he is.

ando1184

Noob
I'm pretty upset goro got a buff to his walk speed but they left predator out in the rain, if they would have atleast addressed that I would be happy. I don't forsee many predator players in MKXL, even less than before which is pretty sad considering how cool a character he is.
As long as Hunter stays in tact I'll continue to play this guy, he's just too fun not to. Warrior might be surprisingly better with the buffs mentioned. I think it just needed faster startup on his specials anyway. Who knows though, we might still get balance patches down the line...?

navaroNe

As long as Hunter stays in tact I'll continue to play this guy, he's just too fun not to. Warrior might be surprisingly better with the buffs mentioned. I think it just needed faster startup on his specials anyway. Who knows though, we might still get balance patches down the line...?
Agreed, he will always be a player I pull out when I'm looking to have fun playing and don't care about the outcome too much. It definitely will be interesting to see what kind of Warrior setups people create, might see a few of them in tournaments perhaps but I was really hoping for a couple Hunters here and there. Was great to see Dab play him in ESL.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Is predator really that bad now i think laser damage doesnt really matter that much its his laser recovery and low laser block advantage that matters to me and they dint change nothing there so i think he is still gonna be a good zoner i hope. but the cancels nerfs do suck

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
With what I've seen with the Alien gameplay and variations, Predator is going to need all his assets to deal with that character. The Predator vs Alien matchup is the star matchup of this game, even though it should have been Scorpion vs Sub-Zero which NRS should have made those two character top tier off the bat but didn't, at least not with Scorpion. But no, I don't see any worries for Predator mains to have with the character getting the heavy nerf hammer now called the Scorpion hammer. Alien and Predator, even leather face (which btw I'm not purchasing) are WB characters and not NRS characters so NRS is very restricted as to how they ruin those characters by their ever-failing nerf/balance system. I'm not purchasing the stupid character Boraicho whatever either.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
I'm getting my HQT and Hunter ready because once that Alien character drops onto the scene, and those three stupid rockem-sockem robots, all hell's going to break loose.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I think alien (acidic) might beat HQT i hope not but but alien being able to jump and through acid might be a problem for us HQT mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.