What's new

Question - Hish-Qu-Ten [Pre-XL] Are any Predator mains worried about him getting nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with all the recents buffs/nerfs that are coming out in KP2 is anybody else who mains Predator, mainly Hish-Qu-Ten or even plays him on the side as worried as I am? With all the other top tiers (minus Jax) getting a few big nerfs I'm afraid he's up next and more specifically his lasers. I don't play any of the other variations except HQT but with Quan Chi's zoning getting nerfed, if the rumors are true, I'm afraid they're going to kill one of the main true zoners in the game. Yes he has other things going for him but his claim to fame is his zoning and that's what makes him good. If they do maybe they'll give him something in return but I doubt it. What do y'all think?

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
he already has a 7f d3

i can't wait for hunter and warrior buffs

hqt at worst will get damage scaling or something to his cancels. i think he's fine.

he already has a 7f d3

i can't wait for hunter buffs

hqt at worst will get damage scaling or something to his cancels. i think he's fine.
You're right. My bad, I'll edit the OP.
I think he's fine too but I can feel it coming. I'm calling it right now that Scimitar Stab is gonna be more negative which I'm fine with. I just hope they don't touch his lasers.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I don't even have the game and I'm afraid hell get nerfed.

However, if they were to need him where he can become good without being op then that works for me. Here's hoping.

Lao, and Shinnok had a few changes if I remember and they still seem relatively the same.

If they do normalize HQT somewhat, it would only be fair to buff his other variations so his variations can compliment each other. He has potential as far as I'm aware of but Hunter deserves an apology because of HQT and warrior deserves justice especially since Alien is coming out

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You're right. My bad, I'll edit the OP.
I think he's fine too but I can feel it coming. I'm calling it right now that Scimitar Stab is gonna be more negative which I'm fine with. I just hope they don't touch his lasers.
He has that one jailing cancel of f12 but I agree. Scimatar stab is -14 everyone can punish it and reducing the frames more wouldn't matter at high levels anyway.

Universally I hope they reduce F2's frames to something that hits before the match is over, change the frame data on B3D2, and reduce the recovery on his air specials but especially Hunter's trap.

Hqt is in a good spot.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I want them to make low laser a projectile (so that projectile parries work against it).

Making low laser -10 on block would also be fair with a small damage nerf.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
From what I heard they're nerfing HQT and his lasers and some other things, but that's about as much as I know / remember.

All top tiers are getting the hammer in some way.

I dont want him to get nerfed and i dont think he needs to get nerfed anyways , maybe making low laser like -3? The character is fine.

Wigy

There it is...
He needs more recovery on his lasers and a 4-5% damage reduction.

Hopefully the netcode makes online playable so scimitar stab is properly punishable.

I play a lot of characters who struggle vs him and its a complete pain in the tits to do anything.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Why is everyone crying damage nerf? He already got one and now his damage isn't that great. Scale the damage of the low laser like the did with the up laser and more recovery on low laser and he'll be fine.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I can more recovery and damage reduction on laser. But they should Buff Warrior and his defense at least so he not defenseless against rush down. Hunter is fine.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Only nerf i could see is more recovery on his lasers, that shit recovers almost instantly. Other than that no he's fine. Damage is fine too,he gets what? 39% off a bar?

Wigy

There it is...
Why is everyone crying damage nerf? He already got one and now his damage isn't that great. Scale the damage of the low laser like the did with the up laser and more recovery on low laser and he'll be fine.
He gets near 40% off every touch. Well above average in damage.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
He gets near 40% off every touch. Well above average in damage.
Max in the corner for one bar is 38-42%. Meterless he can get 32-35%. Midscreen metered is maybe in the 30s and meterless is bad, His damage is fine.

Wigy

There it is...
Max in the corner for one bar is 38-42%. Meterless he can get 32-35%. Midscreen metered is maybe in the 30s and meterless is bad, His damage is fine.
Off the top of my head b311 ex low caster b22 bf2 4 bf4 is like 38%

His damage is very practical and hitconfirmable. He has 40% combos and is very likely to get them unlike most of the cast who have them but are impractical

Status
Not open for further replies.