What's new

Question - Hish-Qu-Ten [Pre-XL] Are any Predator mains worried about him getting nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want them to make low laser a projectile (so that projectile parries work against it).

Making low laser -10 on block would also be fair with a small damage nerf.
I will absolutely go INSANE if zoning is nerfed in any way shape or form in this fricken game.

Calling for zoning nerfs in MKX automatically outs you has a completely irrational rush down scrub who wants to get in without any effort.

Only nerf i could see is more recovery on his lasers, that shit recovers almost instantly. Other than that no he's fine. Damage is fine too,he gets what? 39% off a bar?
And how much does his zoning mean in this game at a high level. Ya at a low level scrubs couldn't event get passed nerfed death stroke zoning lmao.

In mkx zoning is irrelevant except for a few match ups. The run button shatters any real concept of space control.

Wigy

There it is...
Jacqui 45% one bar mid screen. Tremor 59% mid screen. Kotal 90% mid screen. Hellfire 38% meter less with buffs. Possessed 44% mid screen. ET CETERA ETCETERA SCRUB!!!!
Jaquis best asset is her damage she lacks like everywhere else lol.

Tremor also needs a damage reduction probably

Kotal doesnt even have armour in that variation and that combo is stupidly situational.

With buffs.

Its waaay harder for possessed to get his damage going and im pretty sure that would be a 2 bar combo?

Predator has crazy pressure, some of the best zoning mixups out the ass and a 3/4 screen armoured move that leads to like 35% and a side switch. A naked 3/4 screen armoured move shouldnt net you more damage than 90% of the casts midscreen bnbs lol.

Some characters might do more damage but for how easy it is for him to get his shit going hes really over rewarded.

Poshib

The Artman
I find this to be a tricky topic because let's say the lasers get nerfed. Then what? The lasers being a thing is the whole point of the variation right? It's suppose to be good. I say keep the speed, but lower the advantage on hit slightly. Maybe that way the opponent can more effectively attempt to dodge when being zoned.

I really don't want anything severely negative done to HQT because there are more important things that need to be worked on like Warrior buffs.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The only thing i would nerf is his discs along with a small damage nerf or atleast just make d4 less rangy

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Because of all the scrubs that complain about his zoning I think there is a high chance that they will increase recovery on his pew pew lasers

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Off the top of my head b311 ex low caster b22 bf2 4 bf4 is like 38%

His damage is very practical and hitconfirmable. He has 40% combos and is very likely to get them unlike most of the cast who have them but are impractical
You sure about that? Almost certain that it doesn't do that much anymore.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Dont play the character, might be wrong not sure if thats with or without a jip
Yea I know that was his damage pre-patch roughly, but post patch I've been told by people he can't get over 36% midscreen with 2 bar,

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Dont play the character, might be wrong not sure if thats with or without a jip
Well maybe u gotta get your facts straights before u say stuff like that ;) (i do play the character and nearly 40% of every touch is not true at all unless u spend a bar and dont use setup)

When the hell is everybody going to realize that low laser is -7?? The frame data is wrong.

And I don't think low laser should be less negative because a lot of times he has to cancel into it to make him safe and it gets nerfed he will be punishable on like everything. Also yeah his lasers are good but they need to be since once the opponent is in he gets raped by pressure. I'm sick and tired of getting knocked down and knowing my options are wake up block or delayed wake up block. He needs them to keep people out especially since this game is all rush down anyways.

Also in terms of damage, mid screen no bar is in the mid 20s, mid to high 30s with 1 bar, and can get mid to high 40s in the corner for a bar. I don't want the damage nerfed, but I'm not gonna downplay that his damage is pretty good.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Predator doesn't need to be touched. Hish Qu Ten in the current patch already loses to Tempest, Kobu Jutsu, Dragon Fire, Covert Ops, Summoner, A-list, possibly even more like Jax and Devorah.

Hunter and Warrior probably lose even more matchups than HQT, I would assume.

I understand they are nerfing alot of Predator's bad matchups which is great for Predator, but with that being said he still doesn't destroy any characters. I don't think he 9-1's or 8-2's any variation in the game, and if he 7-3's any variation in the game it's probably only 2-3 unused ones anyways. To nerf Predator is to nerf a character that isn't even overpowered

Goat-City

Banned
Predator doesn't need to be touched. Hish Qu Ten in the current patch already loses to Tempest, Kobu Jutsu, Dragon Fire, Covert Ops, Summoner, A-list, possibly even more like Jax and Devorah.

Hunter and Warrior probably lose even more matchups than HQT, I would assume.

I understand they are nerfing alot of Predator's bad matchups which is great for Predator, but with that being said he still doesn't destroy any characters. I don't think he 9-1's or 8-2's any variation in the game, and if he 7-3's any variation in the game it's probably only 2-3 unused ones anyways. To nerf Predator is to nerf a character that isn't even overpowered
What about 6-4's? How many characters does he 6-4?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He'll be touched in some way. I think the love will go to Hunter/Warrior, and HQT will probably see slight weakening somewhere. Likely lasers.

The top across the board is getting nerfed. Doesn't matter what bad matchups they have.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
First: I don't see anyone compete successfully with Predator. Last time I looked, there was just one Predator ranked within the "online top 100" on PSN EU. By the way this was me and I was never any better than maybe rank 35 or so. It is nt like Predator would dominate the scene like, let's say Lao or Tanya. Even Reo, who might be among the technically best players out there, is only mildly successful with HQT.

It is true, that HQT has great mixups and a great offense in general. Yet he might have the worst (!) defense in the whole game. Even Quan can link his 6f poke into rune or use his escaping armor move. Pred relies entirely on d3 into lowplasma. Thus if this string is touched in any way, Pred might be ruined entirely, if the recoveryframes are handled withou caution. Not because of his offense, but because of his defense!

... unless of couse he gets something in return. He simply needs defensive options (like he has in warrior). If he gets these, I would be fine with plenty of nerfs to his offense. I could even live with a nerf to ex-straightplasma, which might very well be his most stupid move right now.

I think his damage is fine. He doesnt get any big damage out if his true 50/50s as these always include ex-lowplasma. They are under 40% for 1 bar and thus subpar. But if he does get defensive buffs, then reducing the scaling of his scimitar combos might be fair.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
HQT is most likely going to be nerfed in both zoning and damage due to everyone crying, (even though it is the netkode's fault). I hope it doesn't happen (since I play it the most) but Hunter could lose his trap staying on block which would really hurt the variation. Who knows though, maybe it could recieve buffs like Ronin blade calls? Example: string, throw trap, detonate trap, continue combo. Warrior I hope gets an entire makeover. Give this variation fast armor, a useful self-destruct, a spear projectile, new strings, anything. That variation is so bad. :\

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
HQT is most likely going to be nerfed in both zoning and damage due to everyone crying, (even though it is the netkode's fault). I hope it doesn't happen (since I play it the most) but Hunter could lose his trap staying on block which would really hurt the variation. Who knows though, maybe it could recieve buffs like Ronin blade calls? Example: string, throw trap, detonate trap, continue combo. Warrior I hope gets an entire makeover. Give this variation fast armor, a useful self-destruct, a spear projectile, new strings, anything. That variation is so bad. :\
Lmao if they make trap go away on block but literally never nerf takeda's ex kunai.

Status
Not open for further replies.