What's new

Match-up Discussion Pre-Evo 2014 Aquaman MU Chart

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
OK, time for me to do the argument-solver-guy-thing.

I'm random AND a nub, and I think you both are fantastic. Couldn't pick you out of a line up to save my life, but you guys are ah-maz-inng!

*Now would be the time to band together, and blow me the hell up :)

MiZ_FiT 88

Chopped And Screwed (Screwston)
I always figured vs DS its 6-4 Aqua's favor, but it feels 5-5 when i run that MU...Maybe i play the mu wrong, idk

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
LOL glad I'm not the only one.
I think 8-2 is a bit of a stretch. It feels 8-2 online because he has mixups that work online.
But offline i think it's a 7-3 type of feel. She can't do shit lol
If the Batman community can settle for 4-6 Aquaman, so can the Zatanna community.

coolwhip

Noob
Wait so you're telling me, you get knocked down for guessing wrong, and then you have to block? Weird. That's not like any other fighting game I've ever played before.
You cannot wake-up. That's the difference. We're not talking about any other fighting game, we're talking about Injustice.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Testyourmight, I have had it up to here. For days, weeks, and maybe even months I've had to endure the downplaying of this character. I came to the catharsis that this community needs saving. The first step in saving the Injustice community and perhaps the fighting game community as a whole is to create an Aquaman matchup chart the community needs. So here it goes.

4 - 6 vs. Killer Frost

......Theo...............................................................................................................Theo, what is this?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
You cannot wake-up. That's the difference. We're not talking about any other fighting game, we're talking about Injustice.
You can wake up, it's Injustice. Everyone and their mother has an invincible wake up. Aquaman having a wake up would make him the best character in the game. Doomsday doesn't have any real wake ups, I don't sit here and bitch that I have to block. I just level up my defense. If I can do it with a mid tier character, Aquaman players shouldn't have any trouble.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
it's Injustice. Everyone and their mother has an invincible wake up.
Let's be clear on what 'invincible' means though. 'Invincible' in this case means that I might just stuff your wakeup for free or for full combo if

1) I cross you up, depending on the wakeup
2) I MB F3/B3 you and render your wakeup inadequate
or
3) I am embued with magical wakeup-reversing or wakeup-stuffing normals or powers

SonicBoomBrad

Let's be clear on what 'invincible' means though. 'Invincible' in this case means that I might just stuff your wakeup for free or for full combo if

1) I cross you up, depending on the wakeup
2) I MB F3/B3 you and render your wakeup inadequate
or
3) I am embued with magical wakeup-reversing or wakeup-stuffing normals or powers
1. Doesn't work on like 90% of wake ups in this game since most of them hit 360.
2. That's a read, and you should get rewarded for a read where you spend a bar.
3. That's a set up, it was worked for, there's going to be certain situations where you can't get up and you have to block. It's not that bad. Street Fighter has way worse shit.

You can't stuff an invincible wake up, you can only stuff non-true wake ups.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's fully invincible and semi invincible wakeups. They're both "true wakeups".

Doomsday has a fully invincible wakeup. He doesn't "have" to just block. He can turn the guessing game into a 33/33/33, unlike a character like Raven who may be stuck in a situation where she must just guess 50/50. It is easy to tell those players to " level up your defense" but no leveling up can help you in a coin flip.

SonicBoomBrad

There's fully invincible and semi invincible wakeups. They're both "true wakeups".

Doomsday has a fully invincible wakeup. He doesn't "have" to just block. He can turn the guessing game into a 33/33/33, unlike a character like Raven who may be stuck in a situation where she must just guess 50/50. It is easy to tell those players to " level up your defense" but no leveling up can help you in a coin flip.
I don't think shoulder is fully invincible on start up, and even if it is, it's negative. I'm not telling people to level up their defense. I'm not shitting on anyone. I just think it's ridiculous to complain about wake ups in a game with wake ups this good.

LEGEND

YES!
i don't get why people are only now starting to talk about stuffing semi invincible wake-ups

Its always been known that Aquaman had a hard time when he got knocked down, he still has his trait and the best defense in the game. Whats changed?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
imo mmh has a slight advantage over aquaman.. They are pretty even everywhere except on knockdowns.. if mmh gets knocked down vs aquaman its no big deal at all but if mmh knocks him down especially with the hard knock down setups, he is fucked

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
i don't get why people are only now starting to talk about stuffing semi invincible wake-ups

Its always been known that Aquaman had a hard time when he got knocked down, he still has his trait and the best defense in the game. Whats changed?
'Cause some people are...

...well you get the idea.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I know of a podcast/weekly that's been talking about it for a long time