What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Yeah, we definitely need to get Tom Brady on stream at some point, probably in between games or while stuff is being set up to sort of go over some stuff and talk with you guys about the game.

This is going to be the first stream where between the Spooky team and the TYM staff there will actually be people takling who really know the game on a deeper level.

This Guy RIGHT here.

Fukkin Hyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Heading out there from the hotel now. Me = gangly dude in black hat and beard. Come to think of it, I may have just described 25% of the people at the arcade, but no matter. See ya there!

McNasty

Moist.
MK9 singles may start tomorrow. However I think there will be the 5v5 MK9 team tournament tonight.
Can anyone confirm this? the stream chat was just a bunch of spamming idiots couldnt get an answer.

singles is tomorrow at 11am. still unsure about the 5v5.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Hey. I'm on my way from Pittsburgh. Won't make it to the arcade till the morning. If anyone here sees me say hey. I'll be the fat neckbeard with street fighter input tattoos on my wrists. (no joke)

Any info on casuals etc before the tourney? For those already there how's it work?

Can anyone confirm this? the stream chat was just a bunch of spamming idiots couldnt get an answer.

singles is tomorrow at 11am. still unsure about the 5v5.
There will be a 5v5 from what sabin said i dont know if the team he said was true its justin him etc with Tom Brady probably going to carry all of them lol

Either way it was cool to hear him say he was playin MK9 casuals the entire time.

As far as the time its a tournament so that would mean nothing is settled. They didn't even know how many sets marvel was and they freakin made it 3/5 v_v

Guys we are only on casuals tonight, stream will happen tomorrow, along with the 5v5.

We will be starting the 5v5 later in the night when the singles bracket winds down.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
I had to leave early for a work call but I'm ready for later today! I got a few games in, everyone is looking good! I suck! :D

...everyone is looking good! I suck! :D
Same, but I can say that I'm learning some new tricks to take back to the lab and practice with. I definitely get why you guys encourage us nubs to attend these tournaments. It really is the fastest way to pick up the essentials.

Bottom line: If I can manage to get out of my singles matches today without getting flawless victoried, I'm going to be psyched, lol.

Good luck to everyone playing in the tourney today and tomorrow!

Shouldn't it be up and running now? Or have I got my timezones mixed up? OH = Ohio = EDT = GMT-5, correct?

Nevermind, it's finally on. Though it's T6... So bored of that game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
T6, then SSF4 THEN MK9. This probably means MK9 has the most hype, they usually save the best for last.

The commentary by Brady and MarkMan has been great; informative and totally entertaining. Good stuff to let sp00ky do their buis. If this tourney is an indication of things to come, I can only see greater things coming in the future :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Good shit everyone especially REO, JWong, Tom, Bone, Dan, THTB, Perfect Legend... just wow.