What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I sadly... officially will not be going to this. :(

I'm taking my wife to a horror convention that same weekend. I gotta take her... it's something she really wants to attend and she lets me go to all these EC events. It's only fair!

I'll be thinking about you guys though! :(

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@STORMS: Gotta make the lady happy! I know all about that : )

Be on the lookout for all the vids we'll be posting after the event!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I sadly... officially will not be going to this. :(

I'm taking my wife to a horror convention that same weekend. I gotta take her... it's something she really wants to attend and she lets me go to all these EC events. It's only fair!

I'll be thinking about you guys though! :(
sucks, but at least you wont just be sitting around all weekend with nothing to do. That convention sounds like fun tho.

PS- can osirun see the TO forum?

T.O forum???

I and Tim Static will be running the MK tournaments at this event. Looking forward into seeing old and new talent/friends at slobber-knocker lol. Should be incredibly fun. ^_^

...I can't wait to spend all your MK9 money. :7up:

...all of it.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Lol at Webster. I'm gonna have to get good at MK9 so we can have some money matches!

@STORMS: Yep, I can see the T.O. forum : )

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
DEADLINE ALERTS

April 1st: LaQuinta Inn special discount group rate reservations cutoff. Get in there and get that discount!

April 13th: PU2011 T-Shirt pre-orders cutoff. Last chance to purchase a different color variant!

April 21st: Last day to pre-register for PU2011 online. Remember, in person registration is $30. Also last day for MvC3 Combo Video Competition entry submission.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
DEADLINE ALERTS

April 1st: LaQuinta Inn special discount group rate reservations cutoff. Get in there and get that discount!

April 13th: PU2011 T-Shirt pre-orders cutoff. Last chance to purchase a different color variant!

April 21st: Last day to pre-register for PU2011 online. Remember, in person registration is $30.
Has anyone registered for MK9 yet?

I might register sometime next week. I need to buy my flight first.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Pre-reg information can be found on the Pre-Registration Listing page

As of now we have 2 people pre-registered for MK9. Don't feel bad though, we've only had 10 pre-registers total so far.

I'm hoping people get on the ball in April and start flooding my inbox with PayPal confirmations. Otherwise, in person registration is $30 and you have to sign up at least 30 minutes before your tournament is scheduled to begin. We shall see : )

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Pre-reg information can be found on the Pre-Registration Listing page

As of now we have 2 people pre-registered for MK9. Don't feel bad though, we've only had 10 pre-registers total so far.

I'm hoping people get on the ball in April and start flooding my inbox with PayPal confirmations. Otherwise, in person registration is $30 and you have to sign up at least 30 minutes before your tournament is scheduled to begin. We shall see : )
Good to hear!

You hear guys? Start signing up now! Fill those brackets early, and show everybody the first MK9 tournament will be huge!

Nathan, just sent you a pm here on TYM.

You can either come into SB and chat on the top of the site, or just pm me back.

Thanks.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
PowerUp 2011 will be streamed by Team Sp00ky! Spooky, NerdJosh, Arturo Sanchez, and supermin are all coming down to help us out. Get hype!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Started tweeting to promote this some more through the @Tournaments_MK twitter account.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@STORMS: Thank you very much for the tweets, sir!

Also, pre-registration is now MANDATORY. We want to ensure a smoothly run event for everyone, and mandatory pre-reg will push us one step closer to that goal. If you do not pre-register you will not be allowed to compete in any official PU2011 tournaments.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Scott,are we going to this...As for now I have no one to go with. I dont have enough money for plane ticket right now so land is my only option. Pls guys let me know if someone is leaving from the PA-NJ-NY(city) area.

REO

Undead
Scott,are we going to this...As for now I have no one to go with. I dont have enough money for plane ticket right now so land is my only option. Pls guys let me know if someone is leaving from the PA-NJ-NY(city) area.
I would be down for a road trip.

So who else from NJ/NY area is going to this? We can meet and set something up. First MK9 major, everyone has to try and make this shit.

Tim Static

Adminerator
What are the hotel room costs for Power Up?
read the thread, yo! :p

HOTELS
For PowerUp 2011, the La Quinta Inn and Suites Cincinnati North will be handling all player lodging reservations. The La Quinta is literally three minutes down the street from Arcade Legacy, so it's a very convenient place to stay for the weekend.

La Quinta Inn
Cincinnati North
12150 Springfield Pike
Springdale, OH 45246
Phone: 1-513-671-2300

When calling in, you have to mention you are part of the "PowerUp 2011" group in order to receive the discounted rates on rooms.

The universal check-in date is Thursday, April 28, and you can then check out up to May 2 with the discounted rates. This means you can checkout on May 1 and still get the discounted rates. Just make sure you let the La Quinta's front desk know exactly what you need.

The cutoff date for reserving your room with the discounted rate is April 1. No, this is not an April Fool's joke, the cutoff date is really April 1!

Double Rooms (per night): $55

King Rooms (per night): $60

Some Amenities & Services

* Free Bright Side Breakfast
* Free High-Speed Internet Access
* Free Local Calls
* Free Parking

The TVs in the room do not accept outside input. So bring your own TV if you want to have games in your room.

The La Quinta has been very generous and easy to work with, so I encourage all players traveling to PU2011 to support them if you need a hotel for the weekend.

Tim/Bone if you guys need me to reserve a room at the La Quinta, get in touch with me in the next few days. I'll get us set up for Friday/Saturday night at least. Not sure when Bone is flying back though.

Anyone else who might be flying in who needs a room? I there are rooms with two beds, plus a sleeper couch. People can probably fit on the floor or they may have cots if someone wants to save some money.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim/Bone if you guys need me to reserve a room at the La Quinta, get in touch with me in the next few days. I'll get us set up for Friday/Saturday night at least. Not sure when Bone is flying back though.

Anyone else who might be flying in who needs a room? I there are rooms with two beds, plus a sleeper couch. People can probably fit on the floor or they may have cots if someone wants to save some money.
yea definitely do that. i dont have a CC but i can pay you then, at PU2011.