What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

I don't think so. She is still my favorite out of the 4 DLCs. Doesn't her xray have armor? It's good for a last chance option to dig some damage. I use it a lot, I usually cancel the red dash into xray.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Please keep this thread on topic. This is Post Patch Skarlet Combo's, not Tier List/Matchup discussion. I don't feel like moving threads but I will if need be.

Yes her X-Ray has an Overhead hit and is a useful anti-air 25% combo. It's a tool, like any other of hers.

ryublaze

Noob
Disregard my previous post about the teleport punisher. I just tested and it was hard landing the NJP. I think Helter Skelter's combo is best for punishing.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
For those of you that are having a problem with the precise execution needed for:
JIP, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash Red Slide (54%) You can replace the third B+2 with a F+4, so it'd look like this -
JIP, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash Red Slide (53%)
As stated, does 1% less, but its easier to pull off.

ryublaze

Noob
Okay so I found out how to prevent wake-up attacks with the 55% meterlesss wall combo. It's really a 56% because of block damage.

Old:
jip, B+2, Down Slash, dash, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash, Red Slide (55%, 16 Hits)
^^replace the last B+1, 1, F+4 with 1, 1, 2 to get 53%, 15 Hits.

New:
jip, B+2, Down Slash, dash, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Up Slash, iAD (Close) (55% +1%, 16 Hits)

Ending with Up Slash allows you to jump up and use a Down Dagger, preventing wake-up attacks. The Down Dagger adds 1% if blocked, or 4% if not blocked. So it's pretty much replacing the last Red Slide with an Up Slash. You can do this with her other wall combos. Personally, I'd rather end with her 1, 1, 2 standing reset for 53% and do chip damage from there.

Btw, the dash at the beginning can be a full dash. The 4 after the second U+3 isn't necessary. For some it may help with timing, for others the 4 might not even come out.

Ninj

So I finally had some time again after...how long has it been? A month? Anyway, I finally had a chance to sit down and work on some more Skarlet business (including the guide, which has undergone complete restructuring based on a lot of information I found along the way). I found this little gem:

[video=youtube_share;5BMQOb0Ro2E]http://youtu.be/5BMQOb0Ro2E[/video]

57% No Meter Corner Reset
Inputs: JiP,B2,DB2 -- U3,U3,DF1 x B1,1,F4,DB2 x B1,1,F4,DB2 -- 1,1,2,DF3

RedRaptor10 - I'll record the combo's you've posted above this post and put them on the front page when I get a free moment.

ryublaze

Noob
So I finally had some time again after...how long has it been? A month? Anyway, I finally had a chance to sit down and work on some more Skarlet business (including the guide, which has undergone complete restructuring based on a lot of information I found along the way). I found this little gem:

RedRaptor10 - I'll record the combo's you've posted above this post and put them on the front page when I get a free moment.
Holy crap 57%? Nice Ninj! and thanks. My video quality sucks but the quality in your video is amazing. Btw, good luck in your MM match!

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING

Excellent. Thanks for this. If I used F+2,1,2,1+2 as the starter would I omit the first U+3 from the combo?

Ninj

Excellent. Thanks for this. If I used F+2,1,2,1+2 as the starter would I omit the first U+3 from the combo?
Yes you would. F2,1,2,1+2 doesn't work as a starter for this combo - gravity hits the opponent too hard.

[MENTION=2417]Helter Skelter[/MENTION], [MENTION=6735]RedRaptor10[/MENTION], [MENTION=5781]Drayn0[/MENTION] - I consolidated your videos on the main page

[MENTION=6735]RedRaptor10[/MENTION] I haven't video'ized your above combo's yet. Getting there!

Ninj

So about this video. This is another piece of Skarlet's corner game. The idea behind this is that if your opponent does anything besides a standing block for both hits of an :enDown Slash(DB2), then he gets "reset" into a 41% no meter reset in this case - as you can see, you can keep recycling this into itself for 1 meter each reset.

It's important to note: After doing a 1,1,2 reset into an :enDB2, your :enDB2 is being treated as if the opponent has already been bounced, as in the gravity is going to be slightly heavier than normal - this is why I reset into an U3 instead of a B2. You could do a Red Dash after your 1,1,2 and wait an extra .5-1 seconds to completely reset the bounce counter.

Also, this is just an example with the 51% combo starter - you should typically be doing between 45-50% corner resets - so here we see 1 meter giving a total yield of 92% damage if pulled off. If you think you have what it takes, pull this off with the 57% no meter reset for a sexy 99%.

ryublaze

Noob

So about this video. This is another piece of Skarlet's corner game. The idea behind this is that if your opponent does anything besides a standing block for both hits of an :enDown Slash(DB2), then he gets "reset" into a 41% no meter reset in this case - as you can see, you can keep recycling this into itself for 1 meter each reset.

It's important to note: After doing a 1,1,2 reset into an :enDB2, your :enDB2 is being treated as if the opponent has already been bounced, as in the gravity is going to be slightly heavier than normal - this is why I reset into an U3 instead of a B2. You could do a Red Dash after your 1,1,2 and wait an extra .5-1 seconds to completely reset the bounce counter.

Also, this is just an example with the 51% combo starter - you should typically be doing between 45-50% corner resets - so here we see 1 meter giving a total yield of 92% damage if pulled off. If you think you have what it takes, pull this off with the 57% no meter reset for a sexy 99%.
So if they guess wrong once they'll eat over 90%? That's just awesome. The only thing I don't like about Skarlet's corner combos is that there are so many hits in them that the opponent can build meter fast and break out of them. Still, this is a great reset if your opponent expects a slide.

Ninj

[MENTION=10744]BigMilk[/MENTION]

[MENTION=8328]ll Nooby ll[/MENTION]

Depends on what you wanna do. Corner you have options, I typically go for something like U3,DF1 -- B1,1,F4,DB2 -- B1,1,F4,DB2 -- 1,1,2,DF3 (insert mindfuck move here)

Midscreen you're looking at something like (DB2) xx 2,3,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 for reset or 2,3,DF3,4 for max damage or 2,DF3,F2 jip to downward air dagger to force a getup and nullify wakeup attack (assuming your spacing allows for this and/or they don't tech roll)

ryublaze

Noob
Whats the best combo off of a naked up slash/down slash? Midscreen and in the corner. Thanks!
I don't remember the exact damage but try these for midscreen:

Up/Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash (last dash has to be a full dash for standing reset)
Up/Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (max damage)

For wall combo, naked Down Slash can get up to 57% including jump-in punch (refer to Ninj's 57% combo on 1st page of this thread).

Don't know about Up Slash for wall combo...

Ninj

I don't remember the exact damage but try these for midscreen:

Up/Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash (last dash has to be a full dash for standing reset)
Up/Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (max damage)

For wall combo, naked Down Slash can get up to 57% including jump-in punch (refer to Ninj's 57% combo on 1st page of this thread).

Don't know about Up Slash for wall combo...
Up slash's for wall combo's use the B1,1,F4 to get anywhere. You want to become very familiar with the look of people falling in corners off of this combo so that you can gauge how many you can do in total before you have to end it or reset it.

Flagg

Noob
I've decided that Skarlet is going to be my new main.

I've wanted a powerful new main, and I just find no joy playing Raiden so I dropped him like a bad habit. But I spent an unGodly amount of time with Skarlet in the lab yesterday, more so than I have with any new character i've decided im going to use.

Yes she is technical, yes requires precise timing but she is a rushdown machine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I need to get the hang of her dagger cancel to help me extend combos, and she is "easier" to play on a stick than a pad.

What I love about this character is how imaginative and diverse her attacks are. And how powerful they are.

Here is a combo of my own making. Perhaps it's already been found, but I liked it:

Jp, U3, 23, Ex Back slash, dash, F43: 39%

The timing between the jp and U3 is quite strict, but the rest of this combo is relatively easy to do. I've been trying to modify it by incorporating a mid air dagger after the U3, doing a regular up slash after the 23, and so on.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I've trained a lot with her and she is pretty fun to play (especially in offline ! ^^). I can do pretty well with her red dash down slash resets at 29% or the 38% no meter (down slash, 2, 3, red dash into down slash, 2, dague cancel, 2, 3, red dash into slide, 45% with JP, d2 before first down slash) but I noticed a big weakness in my gameplay :
I used too much red dash/ex-red dash to make combos against my opponent and I'm lost when he gets too close from me.

When comes the close fight I only used the f2, 1, 2, 2+1 string which is very good but also very punishable when your opponent whiff it jumping over the red lady (skarlet doesn't stop the combo even in the nothingness lool and the animation is so long that I have ages to be punished hard).

So despite her 1, 1, 2 etc.. string that I like to do on block but still crap to do big combo, I was a bit desesperate. That's why I think that's very important to get a 2, 1, 2 BnB.

Here is the reset I decided to use (33% if i'm not mistaken) :

JP, 2, 1, 2, dague cancel, 2, red dash into up splash, lil dash, 1, 1, 2.

Also, I've seen detroit using a lot the d4 into red dash, slide and I have to say that shit is 100% working all the time :D You should do it more often aNinj ;)

ryublaze

Noob
Improving this combo:
2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (33%)

to...

2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), B1, 1, 3 (32% +1%)

EDIT: Before the B1, 1, 3 make sure to make a full dash. I've been having a hard time landing this consistently without the opponent tech rolling out of it.

Why? B1, 1, 3 knocks the opponent down long enough for you to use a down dagger, which adds 1% if blocked or 4% if the opponent is inputting a wake-up attack (thus not blocking). This also eliminates wake-up attacks and the opponent cannot tech roll out of it. Of course if you want the knockdown then go with her Red Slide combo ender.

jip version:
jip, 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (36%)

to...

jip, 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (cancel), B1, 1, 3 (35% +1%)

here's mine, before i found this combo, i didn't know there were so many like it here XD
well here's my variation, which is a little easier imo for 1% meter less, the 51% meter posted here, causes the enemy to fly behind her at times XD

Ninj

here's mine, before i found this combo, i didn't know there were so many like it here XD​
well here's my variation, which is a little easier imo for 1% meter less, the 51% meter posted here, causes the enemy to fly behind her at times XD​
Good easy corner 50%'er. There are a lot of different ways for Skarlet to achieve 45%+ off of a corner reset which is a great thing about her.

If you learn nothing else about Skarlet, spend some time looking at all of these corner combo's. Learn the easier 45-51%'s, and learn my 57% - teach people that the last place on earth you want to be is trapped in the corner against Skarlet :)

Ninj

I've decided that Skarlet is going to be my new main.

I've wanted a powerful new main, and I just find no joy playing Raiden so I dropped him like a bad habit. But I spent an unGodly amount of time with Skarlet in the lab yesterday, more so than I have with any new character i've decided im going to use.

Yes she is technical, yes requires precise timing but she is a rushdown machine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I need to get the hang of her dagger cancel to help me extend combos, and she is "easier" to play on a stick than a pad.

What I love about this character is how imaginative and diverse her attacks are. And how powerful they are.

Here is a combo of my own making. Perhaps it's already been found, but I liked it:

Jp, U3, 23, Ex Back slash, dash, F43: 39%

The timing between the jp and U3 is quite strict, but the rest of this combo is relatively easy to do. I've been trying to modify it by incorporating a mid air dagger after the U3, doing a regular up slash after the 23, and so on.
@Flogg

In order to extend that using a dagger cancel, it would look something like this:
JiP, U3,DF1- -- 2,3,DF3,{EX}B2 xx F4,3

I haven't tested it, but in theory that's how the combo would be built to incorporate a dagger cancel after the U3.

ryublaze

Noob
Ninj: Would you say that her 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide ender would be better than all of her 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide BnB combos? She gets extra meter from the blocked 1, 1, 4 and she can take out the Slide at the end because 1, 1, 4 is safe on block. If Slide hits then that adds 8% more to her combo. She's also able to Throw after 1, 1, 2.

jip, 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss cancel, 2, 3, Dagger Toss cancel, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 36%
jip, 2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss cancel, 2, 3, Dagger Toss cancel, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide = 33% + 6% = 39%

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 41%
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, Dagger Toss cancel, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide = 35% + 6% = 41%

jip, F3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 45%
jip, F3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide = 39% + 6% = 45%

jip, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Up Slash, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 44%
jip, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide = 38% + 6% = 44%

jip, B2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 48%
jip, B2, Down Slash, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide = 41% + 6% = 47%

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
After a 112 red dash, 114 is not guaranteed. You are at plus 8 and her jab is 9 frames meaning they can jump. Plus low hitbox characters can duck it. The only thing guaranteed is a d1 at 6 frames. The 114 will only work if they choose to stand block which in a match makes perfect sense but technically is escapeable.

ryublaze

Noob
After a 112 red dash, 114 is not guaranteed. You are at plus 8 and her jab is 9 frames meaning they can jump. Plus low hitbox characters can duck it. The only thing guaranteed is a d1 at 6 frames. The 114 will only work if they choose to stand block which in a match makes perfect sense but technically is escapeable.
If you do 1, 1, 2 while the opponent is high off the ground (like in a combo) the opponent takes longer to recover. I'm not sure exactly how much more advantage you have but I'm guessing it's enough to make 1, 1, 4 guaranteed. This also lets 1, 1, 4 hit low hitbox characters too. Try setting Mileena to neutral crouch or crouch block and do one of her 1, 1, 2 combos and it should work.

Somberness also posted about it here:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/why-you-shouldnt-block-high-against-skarlet.14967/#post-309210