What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Raptor, you need to upload a video. These combos are the truth and will be one of the paths taking Skarlet towards being a high damage mixup character as opposed to the zoner she once was.

Especially these two combos:

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (48%)

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, Jump, Down Dagger (46% + 1%)
Prevents wake-up attacks. The Down Dagger adds 1% if blocked, or 4% if not blocked. Opponent can only block if he rolls.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
51% Wall combo no meter reset

jip, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (51%, 16 Hits)

Move backwards a little before the first B+1

oh and hey Ninj, mind if I add some of these combos to a Gamefaqs Combo FAQ we're working on? It is missing a lot of valuable information, and I'll give credit to you, Helter Skelter, and CDjr for the combos.
Sure - if I haven't specifically mentioned a person in relation to a combo, I believe I created it or was at least the first to record it.

GetMindFxcked

Blood Tier
Best Bnb, Punisher, Corner, and X-ray

What are the best Bnb, Punisher, Corner, X-ray, and Corner X-ray to do in a real match? These are the one's i use.

Bnb: F2121+2, DF3, F2, F4, Dagger Cancel, 21, DF3+4

Bnb X-ray: F2121+2, DF3, F2, F4, Dagger Cancel, 21, DF3+X-ray

Punisher: B2, DF3+B2, 21, DF3, B2, 21, DF3+4

Punisher X-ray: B2, DF3+B2, 21, DF3, B2, 21, DF3+X-ray

Corner: B2, DF3+B2, B2, DB2, 3, DF2, 21, DF3+4

Corner X-ray: B2, DF3+B2, B2, DB2, 3, DF2, 21, DF3

Are these the best ones to use? Im confused because the are so many great Skarlet combos out. Keep in mind I like to save my
meter for breakers and such. Please leave your feedback and your thoughts on the best combo to do. Also leave the combos that you use.

ryublaze

Noob
Sure - if I haven't specifically mentioned a person in relation to a combo, I believe I created it or was at least the first to record it.
Okay thanks. I found a 54% no meter wall combo:

jip, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash Red Slide (54%, 15 Hits)

After Red Dash wait a little before doing Red Slide and it should hit.

Drayn0

Noob
Okay thanks. I found a 54% no meter wall combo:

jip, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash Red Slide (54%, 15 Hits)

After Red Dash wait a little before doing Red Slide and it should hit.
lol these combos are getting ridiculously high damage for no meter. I hope they don't take this away from skarlet as well.

Ninj

lol these combos are getting ridiculously high damage for no meter. I hope they don't take this away from skarlet as well.
Careful - the 3 B2 corner combo is very strict timing. It's a powerful combo, but comes at a price, like my 49% no meter midscreen. That price is unreliability for most players.

Ninj

Okay the highest I've got off of it was:

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, U3, Down Dagger, B1, 1, F4, Up Slash, 1, 1, 2 (47%)

I also got:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (43%)
This ends with her standing reset.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, U3, 4, Air Dagger, Jump, Down Dagger (39% + 1%)
Prevents wake-up attacks. The Down Dagger adds 1% if blocked, or 4% if not blocked. Opponent can only block if he rolls.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, 2, 3, Up Slash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Slide (45%)
This one has hard timing.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 2, 3, Red Dash, slide (46%)
Depending on your timing on B1, the opponent might be put behind Skarlet so you might want to move back a little before B1.

EDIT: Found a higher combo:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, Uppercut (49%)
It's not good to end with uppercut because the opponent will be launched out of the corner so you can also do...

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (48%)

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, Jump, Down Dagger (46% + 1%)
You should mention that these are all corner combo's :)

ryublaze

Noob
You should mention that these are all corner combo's :)
Oh, sorry. I was referring to my previous post about the F2, 1, 2, 1+2 midscreen to corner combo.

I think this is one of the more easier ways to get 48% midscreen: (doesn't require Red Dash into Down Slash)
jip, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Slide (48%, 11 Hits)

ryublaze

Noob
I recorded these tell me what you think. :)

(48%) JIP, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(49%) JIP, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Red Slide
(50%) JIP, F3, 1, 2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(51%) JIP, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(54%) JIP, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Red Slide

The 2nd combo's inputs are weird. You have to input the Red Dash like this: D, F, 3, D, F, 2. It is like inputting an Up Slash but a Down Slash will come out instead. After that you have to hold back before doing the next part. The Red Slide has to be delayed. It is pretty easy once you get it down.

The 4th combo you have to step back a little before the first B1.

The last combo, like Ninj said, has strict timing when pressing B2. The 2nd and 3rd B2s have to be done right away. I find it easy to input B2 right when the previous Down Slash disappears off the screen. The Red Slide has to be delayed.

Ninj

I recorded these tell me what you think. :)

(48%) JIP, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, Red Dash, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(49%) JIP, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Red Slide
(50%) JIP, F3, 1, 2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(51%) JIP, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2
(54%) JIP, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B2, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Red Slide

The 2nd combo's inputs are weird. You have to input the Red Dash like this: D, F, 3, D, F, 2. It is like inputting an Up Slash but a Down Slash will come out instead. After that you have to hold back before doing the next part. The Red Slide has to be delayed. It is pretty easy once you get it down.

The 4th combo you have to step back a little before the first B1.

The last combo, like Ninj said, has strict timing when pressing B2. The 2nd and 3rd B2s have to be done right away. I find it easy to input B2 right when the previous Down Slash disappears off the screen. The Red Slide has to be delayed.
Nice video RR. Thanks for including the inputs. I like the 50% meterless reset!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
37% is the best I can get after an :en slide into db.

Db2, 23df3db2, 2 dagger cancel, 23df3,4

Anyone else got anything higher with no meter, ecsuse this armoured slide combo is what is important above all else.

Ninj

37% is the best I can get after an :en slide into db.

Db2, 23df3db2, 2 dagger cancel, 23df3,4

Anyone else got anything higher with no meter, ecsuse this armoured slide combo is what is important above all else.
40% - same as my highest BnB combo's I've posted, just without the starter.

{EX}DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

Enjoi

Enigmatic Fool
I don't know what it is, but I still use Skar-Skar's grapple like it was never patched.....

Eh, either way, this topic has a lot of good info, good work, Ninj!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
40% - same as my highest BnB combo's I've posted, just without the starter.

{EX}DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Cool, thanks man.

I just made some block strings, just posted em in another thread, let me know what you think. The frame data is all right in them too.

ryublaze

Noob
Hit confirmable 45% midscreen:

jip, F+3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (45%, 12 Hits)

I tried changing one of the 2's to 2, 3 but the down slash wouldn't connect afterwards. I think this is pretty easy to pull off.

ryublaze

Noob
I found an easier way to do the 54% wall combo:

jip, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash, Red Slide (54%, 15 Hits)

Also got 55% which is also pretty easy:

jip, B+2, Down Slash, dash, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), U+3, 4, Air Dagger (Far), B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Red Dash, Red Slide (55%, 16 Hits)
^^replace the last B+1, 1, F+4 with 1, 1, 2 to get 53%, 15 Hits.

EDIT: See my next few posts about preventing wake-up attacks for the 55% combo.

ryublaze

Noob
I posted some teleport punishers in the other thread but I think this one could be a BnB punisher:

U+3, NJP, dash, B+2, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (44%, 9 Hits)

that or Helter Skelter's 42% combo.

EDIT: Nevermind. NJP is hard so just stick with Helter Skelter's 42% combo, which is U+3, U+3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide (42%, 9 Hits) (I believe you can replace the 2nd Air Dagger with Red Dash, Up Slash and the Red Slide with F4, 3.)

What's that fastest starting mid combo for Skarlet midscreen? Oh, and no meter please. I hate the fact that 99% of her combos include jip.

Also, ninj when is your guide coming out?

Ninj

What's that fastest starting mid combo for Skarlet midscreen? Oh, and no meter please. I hate the fact that 99% of her combos include jip.

Also, ninj when is your guide coming out?
Do you hate every other character who's combo's start with JiP too? :) just messing with you

Technically her fastest combo starter is standing 2 at 12 frames. However, you're limited now with what standing 2 (2,1,2 being the full combo) can accomplish. I would say her fastest and most powerful combo starter is F4 at 13 frames, as you can link F4 into DF3,DB2 on hit confirm or DF3,4 on block.

Guide is coming along. I've been extremely busy with RL issues - grandfather took a fall and literally broke his neck, my step-father is in a sling after shoulder surgery, not to mention my own full time job. Lots of taking care of family.

It's coming though, and I'm still developing Skarlet's game when I get time. Things should slow down in the coming weeks in my real life, which will give me more time to get the guide and accompanying videos polished up.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Haha yeah man, just winds me up a little that shes so severely underated. Just a Quick combo :
After a air to air punch, you can 2, DF3 B2, 2, DF3 B2, 2 3, DF3 4 for a meaty 26% from an air to air punch.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
This character is so underrated, i wanna pick her up but i don't know where to start!!!
Well, since there are very few skarlet players, im pretty sure we'll all be very happy to welcome another one in, and help you with anything you need to know. All ya gotta do is ask bro :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This character is so underrated, i wanna pick her up but i don't know where to start!!!
Word. There is no way Skarlet could be considered "shit tier" ..... she has a decent zoning capacity, some mix up game, she is fast, has some anti-zone escape tools, and is deadly specially in corners combos ....

All I know is that, sure, her X-Ray is not that good regarding damage, and, her learning curvature is complex, with some very short time window to put some complex combos ..... and, sure, her slashing moves cannot be abused, in order to not become ..... predictable.

But I think Skarlet seems to be a "despised" character, once Kenshi and Rain came out. That is sad .....