What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, but I was also talking about skilled people who have time to do big competition. In USA or europ I never see Skarlet in the top 20. Yet she could. Also, Skarlet isn't very played at average play, it was weird for me but now I know that's because she is hard to play (and dlc aren't very used anyway compare to the other characters).

Ksmoke

skarlet is back!!
Yea its bitch. I get it 10 times in a row then just start messin it up lol. But learning this got me thinkin what esle to do wit her using some of those combinations. thanks for da combo helped out alot

ryublaze

Noob
I think it might be better to replace the uppercut at the end with a down dagger to prevent wake-up attacks. Without the uppercut it does 44%, but the down dagger adds 4% more so it'll still be 48%.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I think it might be better to replace the uppercut at the end with a down dagger to prevent wake-up attacks. Without the uppercut it does 44%, but the down dagger adds 4% more so it'll still be 48%.
Depends...on a character like Cage I wouldn't do that, since his rising shadow kick would likely get into invincibility frames before you could get a down dagger. On someone like Sub Zero, sure, that might be a viable option. Skarlet is a highly situational character and always has to be adapting.

Ninj

Time to get some new BnB's out here. Included is an easier way to hit 48% without meter than the one CDjr (apparently) mentioned/created/whatever. Depending on your starter, you can range from 46%-48% including the JiP.

PS If CDjr is the one who created the above 48% no meter, then props to him for allowing me to make that damage more accessible.

Enjoy

Inputs:
"--" indicates no movement necessary
Combo 1 (46%): JiP F4,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 2 (47%): JiP F3,2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4
Combo 3 (48%): JiP B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 -- 2,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

PSS I just wanted to say - my HD PVR has been shipped. I should be recording direct from my TV in 720p starting Monday. :jerkoff:

ryublaze

Noob
Depends...on a character like Cage I wouldn't do that, since his rising shadow kick would likely get into invincibility frames before you could get a down dagger. On someone like Sub Zero, sure, that might be a viable option. Skarlet is a highly situational character and always has to be adapting.
Are you sure? I set the AI to do wake-up attacks and the down dagger prevents it everytime. The last hit is an upslash so you'll have enough time to jump and use a down dagger.

Ninj

Are you sure? I set the AI to do wake-up attacks and the down dagger prevents it everytime. The last hit is an upslash so you'll have enough time to jump and use a down dagger.
I'm not sure, actually. Let me test this when I get home from work.

Drayn0

Noob
I watched the skarlet x kabal combo video on the first page and saw that you could red dash in downslash after the B2 starter. This should make B2 a ton easier to hit confirm. Just wanted you guys to know lol.

Ninj

If the person doesn't do a technical (roll) out of the Up Slash then yes, doing a downward air dagger immediately following the up slash's recovery, you can force your opponent to block or take another 4%.

I've just created a 49% no meter midscreen. Coming soon.

ryublaze

Noob
If the person doesn't do a technical (roll) out of the Up Slash then yes, doing a downward air dagger immediately following the up slash's recovery, you can force your opponent to block or take another 4%.

I've just created a 49% no meter midscreen. Coming soon.
Ah okay thanks. I guess it really isn't a good idea against characters like Johnny Cage then. Can't wait to see the 49% no meter. :)

Ninj

Ah okay thanks. I guess it really isn't a good idea against characters like Johnny Cage then. Can't wait to see the 49% no meter. :)
49% No Meter Midscreen. Very specific timing on this one is necessary to hit the 3rd downslash. I'll be doing some more testing at some point today to determine how best to train yourself to hit this combo - I have some thoughts but here's the video first.

Inputs: JiP B2,DB2 xx B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

PS I'm going to consolidate all of these to the first post so it's easy to navigate this thread, and people can read through for what was said if they want to, instead of being forced to.

Drayn0

Noob
I found a 52 percent corner reset for 1 bar of meter. Not sure if its already been discovered but ill post a vid of it with inputs later.

Drayn0

Noob
GODLIKE QUALITY AS USUAL
Inputs in the video description. I don't feel like typing all that s*** again lol.
52 percent with a Jip 49 without.

Ninj

GODLIKE QUALITY AS USUAL
Inputs in the video description. I don't feel like typing all that s*** again lol.
52 percent with a Jip 49 without.
Check the first page of this thread for Combo Videos.

ryublaze

Noob
Not sure if this has been posted yet but this has been a BnB of mine from midscreen leading to corner combo:

F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (red dash), Downslash, U3, 4, D, F, 1

The red dash isn't necessary, but it gets the opponent to the corner. The opponent should be at the corner before the Downslash. I'm not exaclty sure what the best combo is after Downslash so I just went with U3, 4. Instead of U3, 4 I have also experimented with 1, 1, 2 or 1, 1, 4, Up Slash, or 2, 3, red dash, slide.

and I like the 49% Ninj. I still haven't been able to pull it off though.

ryublaze

Noob
Okay the highest I've got off of it was:

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, U3, Down Dagger, B1, 1, F4, Up Slash, 1, 1, 2 (47%)

I also got:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (43%)
This ends with her standing reset.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, U3, 4, Air Dagger, Jump, Down Dagger (39% + 1%)
Prevents wake-up attacks. The Down Dagger adds 1% if blocked, or 4% if not blocked. Opponent can only block if he rolls.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, 2, 3, Up Slash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Slide (45%)
This one has hard timing.

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 2, 3, Red Dash, slide (46%)
Depending on your timing on B1, the opponent might be put behind Skarlet so you might want to move back a little before B1.

EDIT: Found a higher combo:
jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, Uppercut (49%)
It's not good to end with uppercut because the opponent will be launched out of the corner so you can also do...

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (48%)

jip, F2, 1, 2, 1+2, (Red Dash), Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, B1, 1, F4, Down Slash, Jump, Down Dagger (46% + 1%)
Prevents wake-up attacks. The Down Dagger adds 1% if blocked, or 4% if not blocked. Opponent can only block if he rolls.

ryublaze

Noob
51% Wall combo no meter reset

jip, B+2, Down Slash, B+2, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, B+1, 1, F+4, Down Slash, 1, 1, 2 (51%, 16 Hits)

Move backwards a little before the first B+1

oh and hey Ninj, mind if I add some of these combos to a Gamefaqs Combo FAQ we're working on? It is missing a lot of valuable information, and I'll give credit to you, Helter Skelter, and CDjr for the combos.