What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

ryublaze

Noob
Just saw redraptor do jip, B2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash in the double dagger blockstrings video..now I'm confused
Yeah that works midscreen but it has very hard timing on the 1, 1, 2 at the end. Even if you do manage to land it, it doesn't stun the opponent long enough for you to get a guaranteed 1, 1, 4 after the Red Dash. The video was mainly to show highest damage but IMO it's better to use simpler combos.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Just saw redraptor do jip, B2, Down Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2, Red Dash in the double dagger blockstrings video..now I'm confused
Only if theyre against the corner for the 1,1,2. You get 6 hits in a midscreen combo before you have to finish it (includes launcher hit) against a standing opponent. Assuming those factors, the 1 of the 1,1,2 must be the 7th or earlier aerial hit. There's a 3% damage difference when resetting on the 7th hit vs the 5th hit. Make sense? This will be included in the guide.
Yup :)

GGA Wafflez

the kid
this character is ridiculous... i am practicing and can barely do one bnb... kinda mad i didnt pick her up earlier... too sick

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah that works midscreen but it has very hard timing on the 1, 1, 2 at the end. Even if you do manage to land it, it doesn't stun the opponent long enough for you to get a guaranteed 1, 1, 4 after the Red Dash. The video was mainly to show highest damage but IMO it's better to use simpler combos.
Haha, if they're respecting slides it will always work

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nice - sounds tough. Let us kmow how consistently you can land it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
hard as shit my thumbs hurt pretty bad also. didn't land 10 in 50 atempts.

Anyway, it only damages 44% so its useless since adding a F4 to down slash to 112 reset does 43% meterless.

So i was digging dip today and pull this out

Jip, b2~downslashxx u3 air dagger, b11f4~red dash~upslash, 2~red dash~red slide 12 hits (46%)
Jip, b2~downslashx u3 air dagger, F4~red dash~downlash, 23~red dash~X-ray 15 hits (54%)
Jip, b2~downslashx u3 air dagger, b2~red dash~downlash, 23~red dash~X-ray 15 hits (55%)

The Greens are easy to nail, the orange is a bit hard because of the b2~red dash,, is hard to cancel from that string when the opponent is falling.
All midscreen

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
hard as shit my thumbs hurt pretty bad also. didn't land 10 in 50 atempts.

Anyway, it only damages 44% so its useless since adding a F4 to down slash to 112 reset does 43% meterless.

So i was digging dip today and pull this out

Jip, b2~downslashxx u3 air dagger, b11f4~red dash~upslash, 2~red dash~red slide 12 hits (46%)
Jip, b2~downslashx u3 air dagger, F4~red dash~downlash, 23~red dash~X-ray 15 hits (54%)
Jip, b2~downslashx u3 air dagger, b2~red dash~downlash, 23~red dash~X-ray 15 hits (55%)

The Greens are easy to nail, the orange is a bit hard because of the b2~red dash,, is hard to cancel from that string when the opponent is falling.
All midscreen
Just so you know - X-Ray is never worth it with Skarlet unless it's going to win you the round at the end of a combo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
From Stack setup corner reset:p
b2~down slash, u3, 2~down slash,b11f4~downslash,b11f4~downslash, 112 52%(55% with jip)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
meter building combo b2 rd downslash, rd downslash, 2 rd downslash, 2 rd downslash ,112 / 23 rd slide