What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't think so though to be honest I'm not sure how to tech roll in this game, so I have never tried it. Even so when he knocks you down and the throws the teeth, he can j2 cross up so it almost like an unblockable set up and catch you. Plus now his little toe kick over head, and mb crow bar otg.
If you don't know how to tech roll then don't ever play against a Joker because you will easily just reset you to death.

You need to block low always and wait for his strings to whiff so you can D1 lift, there's a chart of who his strings whiff on in the Joker forums.

Block the 24f crowbar on reaction

Tech roll all his setups, 90% you tech roll, 5% you tech roll and backdash and the last 5% you stay put.

An easy way to tech roll is to mash down back as you get up.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
If you don't know how to tech roll then don't ever play against a Joker because you will easily just reset you to death.

You need to block low always and wait for his strings to whiff so you can D1 lift, there's a chart of who his strings whiff on in the Joker forums.

Block the 24f crowbar on reaction

Tech roll all his setups, 90% you tech roll, 5% you tech roll and backdash and the last 5% you stay put.

An easy way to tech roll is to mash down back as you get up.
Ok thank you. As far as tech rolling, can i tech roll by mashing down? Or do is specifically have to be down back?

I don't think so though to be honest I'm not sure how to tech roll in this game, so I have never tried it. Even so when he knocks you down and the throws the teeth, he can j2 cross up so it almost like an unblockable set up and catch you. Plus now his little toe kick over head, and mb crow bar otg.
You have to land on your back to tech roll so Joker may have a string that makes you land on your stomach to prevent you from tech rolling into teeth. But to tech roll you simply tap back as you land.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You have to land on your back to tech roll so Joker may have a string that makes you land on your stomach to prevent you from tech rolling into teeth. But to tech roll you simply tap back as you land.
Sweeps make you land on your stomach or back depending on stance...

Some moves have untechable knockdowns, that means you can't tech roll. Only those moves have this property.

could ares always teleport out of any GL reset/setup on wakeup? or just post patch?
it was like 2 patches ago the made teleport a viable wakeup. i dont have too much experience in that mu but i would try mb lift set ups like the dash forward one or the ji3 one. cuz it may confuse him and he might mix up the inputs. not sure though

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
could ares always teleport out of any GL reset/setup on wakeup? or just post patch?
just post patch because of his new teleports though i haven't tested them, pre-patch you could do b13 after a knockdown and he'd have to respect it because advancing strings would hit both teleports and his godsmack would whiff leaving him vulnerable. It was really bad for him.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
it was like 2 patches ago the made teleport a viable wakeup. i dont have too much experience in that mu but i would try mb lift set ups like the dash forward one or the ji3 one. cuz it may confuse him and he might mix up the inputs. not sure though
lm mb setups were effected by the patch i think the only ay to go would be anti wakeup b1 resets but the damage isnt that good

just post patch because of his new teleports though i haven't tested them, pre-patch you could do b13 after a knockdown and he'd have to respect it because advancing strings would hit both teleports and his godsmack would whiff leaving him vulnerable. It was really bad for him.
yeah thats what i was thinking it seems like the matchup got better for him with the patch but it still seems even just a little more annoying

lm mb setups were effected by the patch i think the only ay to go would be anti wakeup b1 resets but the damage isnt that good

yeah thats what i was thinking it seems like the matchup got better for him with the patch but it still seems even just a little more annoying
What?? what do u mean U THINK they were affected by the patch??? u can still do both of them. and u cant really do the b1 otg that reliably anymore

Endeavor

well to be fair u did say "i think" lol
and of course you can still do them!!! i do it every day heres a video of it
I think you were trying to show the b1 otg but I didn't see any of those b1's otg. The fact that Ares touched the ground, means that he could just wake up and get away for free. If you don't believe me, turn on his wake teleport in training mode, and do the b1 the way you were doing it in that vid, I guarantee he will wake up teleport every time.

I think you were trying to show the b1 otg but I didn't see any of those b1's otg. The fact that Ares touched the ground, means that he could just wake up and get away for free. If you don't believe me, turn on his wake teleport in training mode, and do the b1 the way you were doing it in that vid, I guarantee he will wake up teleport every time.
i wasnt trying to show the otg. this is someone elses video. he said the ambiguous dash in this video and the ji3 reset thing didnt work anymore but they do. the otg still works though even though they said it was patched. i can try to make vid in a little bit to show u if you want

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
The point of that video(which is mine) was to show the delay after the patch where you had to wait to do b1 or f3 else it would whiff.

You can still OTG as we know it, I actually had a video OTGin every time but I took it down so NRS wouldn't remove hotfix it

The point of that video(which is mine) was to show the delay after the patch where you had to wait to do b1 or f3 else it would whiff.

You can still OTG as we know it, I actually had a video OTGin every time but I took it down so NRS wouldn't remove hotfix it
exactly thank you

Endeavor

Ah good man. We are only safe after they have said they arent going to touch the game anymore, then go crazy with....."IT" And Monster Blood I'm sorry I misunderstood your response to Fred.

Alright Lanterns. I'm tired of Aquaman switching between "Relatively Even" and "Slight Advantage". We have too many characters in the "Under Review" list so lets not put him back down there.

Discuss what you believe this MU to be and please give reasons. Honestly (based solely on my personal experience against Aquaman) it feels relatively even against Tom's Aquaman and slight advantage against everyone else.

There's things I need to peronally work on in this MU like dealing with his close up 50/50s which is I know is solely reaction.

Let's hear it.

Endeavor

Alright Lanterns. I'm tired of Aquaman switching between "Relatively Even" and "Slight Advantage". We have too many characters in the "Under Review" list so lets not put him back down there.

Discuss what you believe this MU to be and please give reasons. Honestly (based solely on my personal experience against Aquaman) it feels relatively even against Tom's Aquaman and slight advantage against everyone else.

There's things I need to peronally work on in this MU like dealing with his close up 50/50s which is I know is solely reaction.

Let's hear it.
I hear you man. I'm actually having trouble with that MU myself. His movement and counter zoning options seem to butt fuck me every time. And I feel like I can't pressure him due to that fact that "IMO" he out footies lantern, but I am also not foolish enough to believe a match is bad because I'm not that good in that match up. But when I think about it from a neutral stand point I can see that MU being very even.