What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I played Scoot Magee's GA yesterday. He's rough when you're down on life, because it becomes a battle of approaching him. Also, his forward dash is fucktarded. Also, does f2d13 actually jail into straight arrow? It worked on me, but I wasn't sure if that was just online causing wonky shit or not.

I played Scoot Magee's GA yesterday. He's rough when you're down on life, because it becomes a battle of approaching him. Also, his forward dash is fucktarded. Also, does f2d13 actually jail into straight arrow? It worked on me, but I wasn't sure if that was just online causing wonky shit or not.
GA can definitely keep Lantern out pretty easily it seems. GA also wins the AtA battle so there's NO reason for Lantern to jump.

Although I'm not positive, F2D13 might jail. I'll actually be on here in a few and I'll try D1ing or MB B3/F3 to see.

Definitely an even MU. All comes down to life leads.

THTB

GA can definitely keep Lantern out pretty easily it seems. GA also wins the AtA battle so there's NO reason for Lantern to jump.

Although I'm not positive, F2D13 might jail. I'll actually be on here in a few and I'll try D1ing or MB B3/F3 to see.

Definitely an even MU. All comes down to life leads.
If you catch GA being predictable with arrows, an early explosion on MB oa can snuff it out.

If f2d13 xx straight arrow indeed jails, then him cornering you is the absolute worst thing that can happen in the matchup. I'm wondering if you can backdash it...which would be awesome.

Also, Bane can eat a gigantic dick. Just...one wrong decision leads to GL with a venom-filled machine dildo shoved up his ass, no lube. Yeah, I'm full of salt from this fucker lol.

If you catch GA being predictable with arrows, an early explosion on MB oa can snuff it out.

If f2d13 xx straight arrow indeed jails, then him cornering you is the absolute worst thing that can happen in the matchup. I'm wondering if you can backdash it...which would be awesome.

Also, Bane can eat a gigantic dick. Just...one wrong decision leads to GL with a venom-filled machine dildo shoved up his ass, no lube. Yeah, I'm full of salt from this fucker lol.
Can't backdash it. Just tried. It jails completely.

Bane can definitely be rough. I don't much exp against him. Well, from good Banes at least.

THTB

Can't backdash it. Just tried. It jails completely.

Bane can definitely be rough. I don't much exp against him. Well, from good Banes at least.
Wow. That is HUGE.

The only seriously good Bane I've gotten more than like a match or two vs is Mustard. And it was dumb once we figured out minigun wasn't going to always stop Bane from getting in. Like, it works mostly, but you can't slip up with it. One mistake, and he's in. GL's hope is that he guesses right and gets an air turbine out of there. It sucks.

Wow. That is HUGE.

The only seriously good Bane I've gotten more than like a match or two vs is Mustard. And it was dumb once we figured out minigun wasn't going to always stop Bane from getting in. Like, it works mostly, but you can't slip up with it. One mistake, and he's in. GL's hope is that he guesses right and gets an air turbine out of there. It sucks.
Yeah, this may effect the MU greatly. I never knew this. Plus if he's using Electric or Fire arrows he's +8 on block so....GGs.

I've been wanting to play Mustard. He's only XBL though isn't he?

THTB

Yeah, this may effect the MU greatly. I never knew this. Plus if he's using Electric or Fire arrows he's +8 on block so....GGs.

Yeah, he's Xbox exclusive.

+8? Ewwwwwwww. Only thing to do is backdash, but he can read this, and punish it with dash in, I'm sure.

I think once he corners GL, the match gets really lopsided in GA's favor.

+8? Ewwwwwwww. Only thing to do is backdash, but he can read this, and punish it with dash in, I'm sure.

Yeah +8 with those and of course +3 with regular arrows.

He can dash forward and D1 GL after a regular arrow if Lantern backdashes. Even worse...he can dash and do another F2 during GLs back dash as well.

Looks like midscreen it has enough push back that if he does anything (not including armored moves) GL can punish with B1 or even at the very least a D1, Lift punish. Even if he uses the Fire or Electric arrows.

In the corner with regular arrows he can D1 after any arrow and stop anything you try to do. So push block is your only hope for that.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash

All arrows low seem to be 0 or +1 on block. High arrow is like +2-3 max. If anything the ice arrow will give the most advantage because the slow travel speed allows arrow more time to recover. Arrow advantage mostly depends on the range. He seems to get the best advantage after f2d13 high arrow.

I think GA's main goal in this match is to push GL to the corner. IMO it seems like 5/5 match. GL has the better footsie game but arrow can zone pretty well and his corner pressure is dirty. I really like this match for both characters.

All arrows low seem to be 0 or +1 on block. High arrow is like +2-3 max. If anything the ice arrow will give the most advantage because the slow travel speed allows arrow more time to recover.

I think GA's main goal in this match is to push GL to the corner. IMO it seems like 5/5 match. GL has the better footsie game but arrow can zone pretty well and his corner pressure is dirty. I really like this match for both characters.
Ah ok. I was just going by the (flawed, I know) frame data in game which lists Ice arrow as +2 block.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
I think it's too early to be throwing numbers around.

That being said, he seems at disadvantage against dedicated full screen zoners and advantage against everyone else
hey KT can you name some of the full screen zoning characters that give him trouble? my list might be the same and i don't want to say anything because people have different opinions and all but do you have trouble with harley's zoning?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
so i just played a batgirl who would teleport and it crossed up, happened like 3 times....umm wat? idk if it was because i was walking forward or something with online lag but ive never seen it before sorry if its old news but what the hell am i supposed to do :confused:

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
so i just played a batgirl who would teleport and it crossed up, happened like 3 times....umm wat? idk if it was because i was walking forward or something with online lag but ive never seen it before sorry if its old news but what the hell am i supposed to do :confused:
It crossed up because you were walking forward, just keep walking forward and you'll block it and can punish might take a while to get used to.

Fred Marvel

It crossed up because you were walking forward, just keep walking forward and you'll block it and can punish might take a while to get used to.
ahh thanks yeah that was definitely new to me i blocked it twice but did my b1 input backwards and just get a whiffed 1 :(

GL is now to 5 disadvantage match-ups in my opinion. Take a look and tell me what you think about them and if anyone has experience against the characters in the Under Review section please give what you believe it to be.

Fred Marvel

GL is now to 5 disadvantage match-ups in my opinion. Take a look and tell me what you think about them and if anyone has experience against the characters in the Under Review section please give what you believe it to be.
any thoughts on the Scorpion MU? im far from an expert on it but against decent scorp's it feels slightly uphill, he doesnt have to really respect b1, his j3 beats all of GLs jump ins, cant zone obviously so air rocket is useless, minigun is only useful for pressure, and lm has to be used properly or you eat death. he has wakeup flip kick or teleport so setups/vortex are risky. again i dont think its terrible but it does feel a little uphill imo just wondering what others thought