What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
WHat tools does GL has to deal with him? That WC Cancel and his dash, plus his grabs...ugh I only think on the work "trouble" lol

Could you elaborate on that matchup?

What THTB said. MGs, MG MBs, AORs. Just zoning the hell out of him and punish any whiffed chain grabs or WCs with the most damage you can get. Don't use GLs oki set-ups. They obviously don't work against him. Using the 2 MG ender I posted a little ways back is a great way to get distance from him.

Fraudiac

Noob
I'm having problems in the GL vs Raven mu. Right now I try to walk in on her then try to land a b13 or f3 but having problems getting in safely and landing hits. Any tips or videos will be helpful and appreciated.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Raven is irritating as fuck. I still have a lot of issues in that match up. For some reason I can't stay in on her.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
what the hell do we do against bane? minigun takes out the scrubs but a good bane who gets in and abuses that damn command grab mops me up every time

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what the hell do we do against bane? minigun takes out the scrubs but a good bane who gets in and abuses that damn command grab mops me up every time
If the matchup isn't too different from what I remember, minigun and make sure it lands, on hit or block. When he gets in, just guess right and pray. GL's wakeups get blown up by pretty much everything Bane can do.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
If the matchup isn't too different from what I remember, minigun and make sure it lands, on hit or block. When he gets in, just guess right and pray. GL's wakeups get blown up by pretty much everything Bane can do.
doesnt seem too different but the biggest issue is damage, he takes less and does more now, as of now thats pretty much what ive been doing when they get in or looking for a chance to turbine away

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
doesnt seem too different but the biggest issue is damage, he takes less and does more now, as of now thats pretty much what ive been doing when they get in or looking for a chance to turbine away
Yeah, taking less is an issue, especially considering our damage isn't super amazing as it is.

I've pulled some characters out of the list and put them back into Under Review. After playing these characters against some really good players, I question some of their placings.

So take a look at the Under Review list and start discussing.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
-Aquaman - My feelings toward this still feel 5-5, I believe they are about equal on footsies and zoning. It all depends on who gets the life lead, lame and bait. I know many feel it's 6-4 and really very few Aquas give me trouble but Brady's Aqua is something else and why I think it's 5-5.

-Ares - I'm not sure how to feel about this, Ares can outzone GL and punish air and grounded rockets with teleport. He's also got mixups and good footsies but GL has better footsies. My games with Mr. Aquaman are pretty even and he's without a doubt the best Ares IMO. However I have only studied Ares strings to a certain extent so I won't give out numbers.

-Black Adam - Still feel like it's even, IMO air rockets aren't a problem for good BA players if they know how to punish, a lot of his strings are + so he has great pressure also and his damage is great meterless, air turbine whiffed is punishable so have to be really careful using it.

-Cyborg - Rarely play good Cyborg players wish I could have this exp offline but I'll keep agreeing on the disadvantage.

-Flash - Still feel like it's even vs a flash player that knows the MU, his pressure is ridiculous once he gets going and GL's backdash is so bad he has to take the pressure, can't MB through it just push block or look for an opportunity, he's somewhat zonable specially with trait but once he gets in or make a single mistake will cost you 50%+ of your life and a mixup incoming.

-Grundy - I think GL has the advantage if you know the MU but Grundy is def not helpless, he can do a lot of damage once he knocks you down or in corner, his dash is great, it's just about playing a Grundy against the highest level to get a feel.

-Lobo - Feels even but haven't studied the matchup.

-Martian Man Hunter - In theory this seems in MMHs advantage but if you get the life lead and are patient you can really give him trouble and bait mistakes, of course djt and mit have spoken so you have that.

-Scorpion - feels even.

-Shazam - Disadvantage for Shazam you can really outzone him and punish his stuff so he has to be patient.

-Zatanna - To me this is GL's worst match-up slightly worse than Zod.

-Aquaman - My feelings toward this still feel 5-5, I believe they are about equal on footsies and zoning. It all depends on who gets the life lead, lame and bait. I know many feel it's 6-4 and really very few Aquas give me trouble but Brady's Aqua is something else and why I think it's 5-5.

-Ares - I'm not sure how to feel about this, Ares can outzone GL and punish air and grounded rockets with teleport. He's also got mixups and good footsies but GL has better footsies. My games with Mr. Aquaman are pretty even and he's without a doubt the best Ares IMO. However I have only studied Ares strings to a certain extent so I won't give out numbers.

-Black Adam - Still feel like it's even, IMO air rockets aren't a problem for good BA players if they know how to punish, a lot of his strings are + so he has great pressure also and his damage is great meterless, air turbine whiffed is punishable so have to be really careful using it.

-Cyborg - Rarely play good Cyborg players wish I could have this exp offline but I'll keep agreeing on the disadvantage.

-Flash - Still feel like it's even vs a flash player that knows the MU, his pressure is ridiculous once he gets going and GL's backdash is so bad he has to take the pressure, can't MB through it just push block or look for an opportunity, he's somewhat zonable specially with trait but once he gets in or make a single mistake will cost you 50%+ of your life and a mixup incoming.

-Grundy - I think GL has the advantage if you know the MU but Grundy is def not helpless, he can do a lot of damage once he knocks you down or in corner, his dash is great, it's just about playing a Grundy against the highest level to get a feel.

-Lobo - Feels even but haven't studied the matchup.

-Martian Man Hunter - In theory this seems in MMHs advantage but if you get the life lead and are patient you can really give him trouble and bait mistakes, of course djt and mit have spoken so you have that.

-Scorpion - feels even.

-Shazam - Slight advantage for Shazam you can really outzone him and punish his stuff so he has to be patient.

-Zatanna - To me this is GL's worst match-up slightly worse than Zod.
The way you explained the Flash MU it sounds more like a slight disadvantage for GL.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
The way you explained the Flash MU it sounds more like a slight disadvantage for GL.
Lol it's bad when he's on you man :( SPECIALLY in the corner but don't worry he has to deal with b13 and LM if he gets too dash happy or jumpy and he's vulnerable to oki setups + Dealing with GL's zoning (which works great when you have trait :) so nah it's not free for him he has to be patient and work to win also.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I agree on Zatanna being a bad matchup. Out zones me and I can't get any momentum. Even if I do get a bit in I can't really set anything up after that.

Endeavor

Since we are all here, can someone please explain to me what in gods name I'm suppose to to do, cause I'm at a lost. So someone please explain what to do from start to finish.

Endeavor

Sorry I was like half asleep when I wrote that. I need someone to explain to me what in heavens name to do against the Joker. I have no idea how to play that match up, and I'm tired of getting bodied by Dark. Most jokers swear that mu is terrible for joker but I don't see how. It feels like my zoning isnt good enough to keep him out, and when I get knocked down its ggs, and my back dash is not good enough to get away from his pressure.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Sorry I was like half asleep when I wrote that. I need someone to explain to me what in heavens name to do against the Joker. I have no idea how to play that match up, and I'm tired of getting bodied by Dark. Most jokers swear that mu is terrible for joker but I don't see how. It feels like my zoning isnt good enough to keep him out, and when I get knocked down its ggs, and my back dash is not good enough to get away from his pressure.
Tbh the only problem I have in that mu is his cross up. I NEVER think it's going to cross me up but it always does. His jump arc is weird and to me it looks like his jumping in when he isn't.

I actually don't have much MU exp with Joker. Can you not tech roll, wake up attack and well placed AORs?

187x

Warrior
Qwark28

Endeavor

I actually don't have much MU exp with Joker. Can you not tech roll, wake up attack and well placed AORs?
I don't think so though to be honest I'm not sure how to tech roll in this game, so I have never tried it. Even so when he knocks you down and the throws the teeth, he can j2 cross up so it almost like an unblockable set up and catch you. Plus now his little toe kick over head, and mb crow bar otg.