What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
He can't footsie with b1 as long as Grundy has meter. One trait grab and it's an even MU. If he zones all day then this becomes stage dependent.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Grundy is chasing gl the whole match. And gl can expoit grundy wakeups sometimes.

Its not that bad for grundy like the flash mu but gl still has adv 6-4 imo

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Batgirl is a weird matchup but im not seeing how it would be her adv.
Her bolo move can be jumped over on reaction and batarangs can be ducked

In footsies all she can do is cartwheel or do that low string but b1 is superior.

After you block a jump in just d1 out of anyrhing she tries to followup with.
She has to be yolo to get dmg on GL get a few thrown out smokebombs.
The matchup just seems so even to me when played at highest lvl.
Just my oponion tho batgirl doesnt win the matchup. I would be crazy enough to call it 6-4 gl.
Possibly in the future its still a young game.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think I already went over the shazam matchup but just to go over it again. Its still a horrible mu for zam.
Gl outgootsies and outzones shazam.
Shazam getting in and getting his momentum started is only way he can win this.
It still feels like GL dominates this mu 7-3
Tough matchup for shazam at highest lvl imo

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think GL might beat superman 6-4 now.
Gl now outfootsies supes and has better recovery on his projectiles.
I feel like this mu just got a lot more difficult for supes.
My opinion tho.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zod I really don't know but my theory is 6-4 zod or even.
Gl projectile is more dmg
Zod trait can give gl some problems
But GL outfootsies him.
6:4 is correct.

THTB and I fought last night and will fight more today. He can give his thoughts on the match from Green Lantern's perspective.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
6:4 is correct.

THTB and I fought last night and will fight more today. He can give his thoughts on the match from Green Lantern's perspective.
I can agree on that number for now. I just like playing a matchup before I decide. I can trust you guys with that number. lots of high lvl players in ohio. where is THTB

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Back to talking about more matchups. I mean does a character only beating GL from far really mean he loses that mu? I've been thinking bout matches like sinestro raven and cyborg. Idk I've been thinking playing these matches hitting lab. Lots to be discovered. I think they are all slight disadvantages but could all be even even zod and mmh.

I think Gl outfootsies almost the whole cast now. I thought he was top 10.

I think he is top 5 now just my opinion tho.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I'm really liking this matchup thread right now again almost complete until we discover more. I need zatanna exp. I haven't played one player who mains her.
From a theory perspective I would call it 5-5.
her tele stops Gl from zoning a lot but he does outfootsie her.
Hmm that trance move might be a bad trade for gl too.

Her setups I can see giving gl probs but not too much.
Teleport is not free for zatanna in this mu.
She looks like a way better Ares
At the highest lvl I think it would be a patient matchup.
Gl can get in on her decent zoning idk
I like saying it is even right now

Back to talking about more matchups. I mean does a character only beating GL from far really mean he loses that mu? I've been thinking bout matches like sinestro raven and cyborg. Idk I've been thinking playing these matches hitting lab. Lots to be discovered. I think they are all slight disadvantages but could all be even even zod and mmh.

I think Gl outfootsies almost the whole cast now. I thought he was top 10.

I think he is top 5 now just my opinion tho.
Zod has some crazy pressure as well. I'm sure with time it can be blocked effectively so I'm still unsure. I need more exp from Pig before I'm dead set on it. Right now slight disadvantage is what I think.

And I would put GL in my personal top 5 and he's unarguably top 10.

I'm really liking this matchup thread right now again almost complete until we discover more. I need zatanna exp. I haven't played one player who mains her.

I've been talked to about the Zatanna MU and they said it could be one of GLs worst once Zatanna is figured out more. I've also been told it's an even MU so I have no clue. She'll most likely be the last entry.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.

I have played this match up a couple of times, running it with AK cyusstrike, and another clan member as well as Birdsongs. It feels more or less 5-5, from a far she can give GL problems, and when he is caught in her vortex it can get hectic, however he does out footie her pretty hard and he can do just as much damage, if not more when he does hit her. Though her wake up game eliminates most if not all of GL's set ups, so when playing the match I like to try to play as clean as possible and go for optimal damage rather than any oki set ups, or pseudo vortex traps against her. staying at GLs sweet spot at mid range causes a lot of problems for her. That being said I do think that particular match up is a battle or patience. GL cant get zoning happy cause Zatanna has too many tools to get around that, and she can't get pressure happy because, b1 is the death of her. Also, one thing that seems to work well in that match up for me personally is baiting teleport and d2ing her out of it. Doing that a couple off times may improve GLs chance a zoning better, however GL has to be careful about this due to the fact that the recovery on his fireballs aren't super amazing or anything. But I have not played the match since the patch so it may have changed.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just after we finished playing tonight, me and @m2dave talked briefly on Zod-GL. It's more along the lines of 5-5 we think...it swings depending on who gets where they want to be first. The zoning game on Zod's end is pretty nuts, but he has to be on point, and be aware of MB Oa rocket. It's GL's best way to advance, and Oa rocket in general is good for trading with his side arm, and making him waste meter where he tries to MB side arm. Also, you can throw off the wraith's tracking if you turbine during the startup, so it's a good way to somewhat nullify trait activation. Dashing works, too.

Sinestro feels easier than I thought, tbh. Even with the b12 buff. I'm not finding it as difficult to advance on him as before, and that's the big difference here. Also, b1 ducking under trait up close is hilariously good, and pisses P2W off oh so much. :)

Just after we finished playing tonight, me and @m2dave talked briefly on Zod-GL. It's more along the lines of 5-5 we think...it swings depending on who gets where they want to be first. The zoning game on Zod's end is pretty nuts, but he has to be on point, and be aware of MB Oa rocket. It's GL's best way to advance, and Oa rocket in general is good for trading with his side arm, and making him waste meter where he tries to MB side arm. Also, you can throw off the wraith's tracking if you turbine during the startup, so it's a good way to somewhat nullify trait activation. Dashing works, too.

Sinestro feels easier than I thought, tbh. Even with the b12 buff. I'm not finding it as difficult to advance on him as before, and that's the big difference here. Also, b1 ducking under trait up close is hilariously good, and pisses P2W off oh so much. :)
I need some level up sessions.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.

I didn't know b1 could duck under Sinestros trait at close range. And please explain how you get in on Sinestro cause I really hate that french looking bastard.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I can't comment a whole lot vs Zod, but I have played it once against Chef, seen here at 1:51:32:

In the beginning as you can see, Chef tries doing a zoning stalemate approach and GL has enough options there at least to stop errant trait calls. Still, as always, when trait is out the onus is completely on me to block and defend, with Zod doing whatever he wants for a little bit. I think the crux of the matches boil down to GL doing more damage with mb Oa's Rocket then Zod side arm. After that it was pretty much me vs. Chef at that point.

It seems even to me, but I also know that it was one short set of people who haven't played that particular matchup (I don't think so at least...comments EGP Wonder_Chef?)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I honestly think GL gets beat pretty bad by joker now, after playing a long set with Emperor Dark and getting bodied, buy him, I can see that match up being very bad for GL. The moment GL gets touched by Joker its ggs cause GL CANNOT get up, and now that jokers little low kick into the overhead otgs its even worse.
this is the most joker-ignorant statement ive ever heard.

green lantern is one of jokers worst matchups at 7-3