What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

Fair enough and you are the best dark raven I have seen and my bad on not specifying stages then. The point of the matches was to showcase a viable option for every situation and you showcased that very well. will play again sometime got to go back to the RAC again lol vggs. She is difficult to play online to me so mad respect

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Fair enough and you are the best dark raven I have seen and my bad on not specifying stages then. The point of the matches was to showcase a viable option for every situation and you showcased that very well. will play again sometime got to go back to the RAC again lol vggs. She is difficult to play online to me so mad respect

Yeah sorry if I sound like an ass or anything but I just get a tiny bit heated whenever I argue about anything :b The up close stuff you were doing was good. ggs!

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
lantern bops raven, UNtill she activates trait 0.0
Yep GL fucks raven when she doesnt have trait lol. When she goes dark GL gets fucked. It feels even to me. Raven keeps gl away sje wins. If gl gets in he wins. Possibly 6-4 raven

GL vs Raven can be looked at as similar to GL vs Sinestro except Raven can keep GL out better than Sinestro.

Trait/meter/interactables...if Raven has these it's in her favor.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Lol a teleport doesn't create an automatic bad matchup. Neither does having one element of your game limited. takes a while to truly grasp what is truly a bad matchup. Agreeing with the d.s bat girl talk.

From what I saw her zoning is in hat and wand stance, on top of that it looks like she can no longer teleport. Likewise her mobility is lowered to staff stance night wing so g.l could retreat and counter. In her mobile stance she has good specials, but nothing was shown in the realm of footsies. I say wait for more game play. think hawk girl beats her without even looking at her play though.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
zatanna is going to be top 3 worst match ups, maybe the worst.

Lantern gets bodied in her hat stance by default, but not as bad as Raven's

Regular stance also has plenty of ways to hurt lantern from range and keep him away, while at the same time being able to blow up any counter zoning attempts with teleport.

She's also likely immune to EX Lift mix ups because she'll be able to just teleport away.

Important things to check:

-how her anti-airs fare against Lantern's jump 1 or 2

-how well she can obstruct a grounded turbine from full screen (for ground gaining purposes)

-whether or not a max height turbine will go over her big fireball (this wouldn't be used to get in over it, ideally it would be done so that it'd go over both her and the fireball eliminating her ability to mix up with a teleport or apply completely safe zoning pressure)

-If air turbine helps against her hat stance (her upward projectile has a pretty steep angle so I think the danger of running into it is low. Her standing and ground projectiles look to have pretty low profiles so I'm betting that turbine will clear them. The biggest concern is if her ground pillar has enough of a hitbox to pull him out of the air)

Basically I see this match playing similarly to Raven (which isn't good) but worse because zatanna is just overflowing with tools and will be almost impossible to keep pinned down after a combo.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
ALSO

Early reports seem to indicate her standing resets with the confusion move are fraudulent which is good news. It's possible that she can get some with EX confusion but that would likely take huge amounts of meter and not be worth it.

As long as this character doesn't have a standing reset or other safe unfuzzyable vortex I won't get salty about fighting her

UPDATE:

REO put up a video showing exactly the EX confusion ender into quan chi mix up. 27% 1 bar into the mix up. Looks like her overhead/low is a bit easier to block than batgirl or KF

AND THEN I saw that hat stance projectiles do 7% chip. welp confirmed worst match up