What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

187x

Noob
No def not your match up knowledge needs inprovement if people think so i play sum on the best batgirls out there (handy savage and( kravin karma ) and i make this match up look like 6-4 in gls fav
yea you definitely know more than me... Please sit down!

Rebelo

Noob
Just gotta remember not to throw rockets as you plz every pojectal she throw jump over throw one of yours get in footies range and you can out footies the crap outta her deal your live lead and shes will get inpatient and prob try and run a psychic teleport or try and get in footies range witch is fine with gl because once again he out footies her

187x

Noob
Just gotta remember not to throw rockets as you plz every pojectal she throw jump over throw one of yours get in footies range and you can out footies the crap outta her deal your live lead and shes will get inpatient and prob try and run a psychic teleport or try and get in footies range witch is fine with gl because once again he out footies her
do i have to tell you why batgirl is a bad mu? because i really don't feel like typing all the facts why batgirl fucks up lantern. You're suppose to know this already don't you play the char? Losing brain cells by the min even replying to you sir (no insult)

tip= bad matchups are winnable. Because you succeed in a bad match up doesn't mean its even

Technically if even one person exceedingly excels in a bad matchup against the highest level of play bat girls, that represents potential for an even matchup and other g.L's would need to adapt. Not saying that has occurred and I feel she has the tools to make it a bad matchup, but if I saw footage of his style against the highest lvl batgirls working, it would be foolish not to recreate it. Won't discredit him without seeing him play. "Matchups are not set in stone after 1-3months!!!!!" Lol

Rebelo

Noob
do i have to tell you why batgirl is a bad mu? because i really don't feel like typing all the facts why batgirl fucks up lantern. You're suppose to know this already don't you play the char? Losing brain cells by the min even replying to you sir (no insult)

tip= bad matchups are winnable. Because you succeed in a bad match up doesn't mean its even
This match is even step your game up im on xbox send any batgirl girl my way and ask them how it went ;) the fact that your think this mstch up is bad is because u as a player dont think outside the box

This match is even step your game up im on xbox send any batgirl girl my way and ask them how it went ;) the fact that your think this mstch up is bad is because u as a player dont think outside the box
GL may out footsie her but that's if BG decides to play in footsie range. Full screen and point blank BG has the advantage.

It's currently placed at slight disadvantage for GL because of this. Winnable but definitely outside of GLs comfort zone. The GL player has to play super tight.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

They are both off the risky j3 which you can only really be made ambiguous after a LM mb so not worth knowing that much. Still there are a lot of characters the turbine setup don't work on. So I find myself doing a j oa rocket instead cause they almost always instinctively wakeup after the turbine. What makes it more annoying is I have more success on a dash under jump over oa rocket into b13 rp - b13 gatlin/rp. Any new ideas on how to rack on the damage?

They are both off the risky j3 which you can only really be made ambiguous after a LM mb so not worth knowing that much. Still there are a lot of characters the turbine setup don't work on. So I find myself doing a j oa rocket instead cause they almost always instinctively wakeup after the turbine. What makes it more annoying is I have more success on a dash under jump over oa rocket into b13 rp - b13 gatlin/rp. Any new ideas on how to rack on the damage?
What character does the set-up not work on?

I play a lot of black Adams, death stroke, doomsday scorpion, bat girl, and superman. And other characters with a very safe answer. Only really get to do it on some bad guessing Batman's and aquamans. It still has its uses though.

I play a lot of black Adams, death stroke, doomsday scorpion, bat girl, and superman. And other characters with a very safe answer. Only really get to do it on some bad guessing Batman's and aquamans. It still has its uses though.
The point of it is the same as the LM MB OTG. Make your opponent afraid to wakeup by simply blocking and punishing. No character has a safe wakeup attack. Except maybe Grundy but GL has no business being within his reach.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I find the turbine set ups to not really be worth it because as stated most people wake up and don't respect the set up. It's to the point where I just tell myself that he doesn't have it.

Endeavor

I find the turbine set ups to not really be worth it because as stated most people wake up and don't respect the set up. It's to the point where I just tell myself that he doesn't have it.
The only time no one does not have safe wake ups is with MB f3 MB b3 and there is no point in wasting two bars of meter on a set up.

Why the smh? Its just 9/10 black Adam will use jazz hands raven will soul crush bat girl will cart wheel or smoke bomb superman will super breath or hi rise. Cyborg will do the booh yeah d.s will yolo etc etc. That is also a good thing cause I get a free LM on some characters and an oa rocket check j or standing on others

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Why the smh? Its just 9/10 black Adam will use jazz hands raven will soul crush bat girl will kart wheel or smoke bomb superman will super breath or hi rise. Cyborg will do the booh yeah d.s will yolo etc etc. That is also a good thing cause I get a free LM on some characters and an oa rocket check j or standing on others
You can punish all of those, you just have to be creative about it. For example, lightening hands, just jump it for a full combo. You have to make them afraid to wake up.

Let me try explaining again.....

Like any setup to work, you must train your opponent NOT to wakeup attack.

You do this by blocking after the setup and full combo punishing their wakeup attempts.

More damage than LM MB OTG

More options than LM MB OTG

The LM MB OTG is outdated and been talked about to death. But use whatever setup you wish. These are just the facts.

Agree it does do more damage and it is probably time to discuss his other options so that people know they actually exist. For me to condition the person not to wakeup, it depends on their character. The punishes range from a jumping oa rocket, trait gatlin, LM, to traditional combo starters such as j3, tilt forward j3, f2(d1 b1) mix up. And that wonderful j3 d1 f3 check. Nothing says you care like a confirmable hi low hi that can be turned to j3 d1 b13 if it connects. Dash forward block is also good

Endeavor

Let me try explaining again.....

Like any setup to work, you must train your opponent NOT to wakeup attack.

You do this by blocking after the setup and full combo punishing their wakeup attempts.

More damage than LM MB OTG

More options than LM MB OTG

The LM MB OTG is outdated and been talked about to death. But use whatever setup you wish. These are just the facts.

Hey Crimson, when you get internet back, lets do an online training session. Show me how best to use this set up.