What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I totally didn't even think consider pads lol. Oh it's mainly the directional pad, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm not looking for a quick fix or anything. I just don't want one of my problems to be my controller. Thanks I will check out some pads and the Hori FC4 :)
by pad we may also mean controller by the way, pad as in the dpad. a lot of MK players use the ps4 controller

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'll freely admit to being a bandwagoner, but let me explain my reasoning.. I'm new to fighting games, MKX is the first one I've played in literally 15 or so years. I fell in love with the game and wants to really improve, really "git gud", so when searching for a main, kenshi ended up on my short list. After some reading about how we wasn't that strong and was 'weak' I pulled him from my short list.

Now, I didn't do this because I was, or am, trying to tier whore, but as a new player I wanted to choose a main and a secondary that were considered very strong. Not OP, but strong (Eb and Ermac were my initial mains) , because I wanted to that when I got my ass handed to me, there wasn't a sliver of doubt in my mind that it was completely my fault. As a newb, I was worried that picking up a character considered to be weak, would give me a subconscious excuse for losing. It would make it too easy for me to shrug and think of it as having lost because my character was wea and less because I was terrible and played like hammered poop. I wants to eliminate any excuses I had for losing.

With the changes though, I am VERY happy to pick him up and learn him. Not sure on what variation to specialize in yet though, will have to tinker and see what I can find. Kinda leaning towards balanced, but we'll see.

As of my typing this it appears that PC DOES have the balance patch, so... Hellll yeah.

Quick edit, sorry the post looks like crap, I'm typing it on an iPad and it's having huge issues for some reason. Whenever I make a typo I have to delete almost everything I typed to edit it out, no damn clue,

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
You can use a PS3 stick for PS4? I thought this wasn't possible or is it just a feature for MKX?

Beach

La mejor playa
So is possessed's best combo ender Bf2? Then we can continue with low demon/slash demon mixups with the occasional teleport to check their blocking?

Lokheit

Noob
(Buffed Kenshi just arrived at PC yaaaay!!)

I've been working a bit with 4,3 on Kenjutsu and found some stuff:

- It's ONLY useful when done as the finish string (4,3,Toss). In that situation, specially for meterless combos or combos where you spent a meter on the starter and don't want to use more, it's the more damaging finisher.

- If you use it for basically anything else, because of really heavy damage scaling on its 3rd hit, it deals less damage than F3,2+String/move. Even using EX Toss instead of regular Toss makes 4,3 worse than F3,2 as a finisher and of course you don't want to use it before an EX DB4 as it will drop the whole combo damage a huge lot.

- It is useful for some stuff, like following an EXDF1 with it instead than B2 (you will have to use the run button but you can connect it and it deals more damage than the classical B2-EXDF1-B2-Toss 1 Bar combo).

- It can connect after DB1, D1 instead of using B3,2. It deals more damage too if you're finishing there with a toss instead of using meter bars (if you are using them B3,1 is the superior choice then). In the corner is really easy to connect the 4,3 after landing the D1. In open space it get a bit tricky but it's doable and if you have problems properly pressing B3 (I know I have problems with that and I whiff it many times because I accidentally input a regular 3) it can be even easier to connect (and again, more damaging as part of a meterless combo).

Just my 2 cents, I'm getting some nice meterless damaging using it, but remember to NEVER use it if you're getting something more damaging than a Toss right after it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In Kenjutsu I have been doing anything that leaves them standing (111, 421, B3, or F2) xx DB1, D1, 43 xx BF3 for meterless or D1, 43xx EX DB4 for 1 bar

I have found that d1, 43 to be the easiest to link after db1 and 43 does a whopping 14% raw so is good for damage

sorry if this was posted earlier I was just getting back into Kenjutsu now that he actually can combo without meter, this stance is so fun

Lokheit

Noob
What's the max D1s that you guys are managing to connect after (Kenjutsu) EX DF1 in the corner? Right now I got a 1 bar 41% damage combo with B1, EX DF1, 5 times D1, 4,3, BF3 and landing it consistently. That Johnny Cage corner training is paying results with the new and faster D1 on Kenshi :p

Darko82

Noob
@Lokheit For the same combo you listed I could hit 6 D1's and still get BF3 ender which is also 41%, so 5 D1's is max scaled for that combo. I was able to hit 7 D1's but I had to use BF2 as an ender which dropped the damage to 39%.

Darko82

Noob
I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but after DB1 in Kenjutsu you can link 2 D1's. I know there are other options that are more damaging that have been mentioned (111; D1, 43; & D1, B32) but, I thought this was worth mentioning for the people who will just be doing D1. It only adds 1% damage but, for me, it eliminated the issue of doing D1 too early and whiffing EXDB4.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
In Kenjutsu I have been doing anything that leaves them standing (111, 421, B3, or F2) xx DB1, D1, 43 xx BF3 for meterless or D1, 43xx EX DB4 for 1 bar

I have found that d1, 43 to be the easiest to link after db1 and 43 does a whopping 14% raw so is good for damage

sorry if this was posted earlier I was just getting back into Kenjutsu now that he actually can combo without meter, this stance is so fun
Is d1 then 43 that easy? If so I gotta go back to kenjutsu again

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Screw reptile and Cassie kenshi is doing so good now I'm not even going to play anyone else unless it's for learning other characters to learn how to fight them