What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Is d1 then 43 that easy? If so I gotta go back to kenjutsu again
It's not "easy" necessarily but its definitely the easiest follow up to d1 I found. I was getting it consistently after a fair amount of practice. Its really easy in the corner though

Nikita

Niksan
What's the max D1s that you guys are managing to connect after (Kenjutsu) EX DF1 in the corner? Right now I got a 1 bar 41% damage combo with B1, EX DF1, 5 times D1, 4,3, BF3 and landing it consistently. That Johnny Cage corner training is paying results with the new and faster D1 on Kenshi :p
6 times d1. http://testyourmight.com/threads/kenjutsu-corner-combos.53073/
but i found more damages:
ex df1 d1 njp d2 43 tele-toss.
mb u can insert 1 between d2 and 43

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
so my main bnb with kenjutsu should be anything xx db1 ,d1 43 into anyspecialmove?
i was going right into his special after the d1 cause it was so tough to connect. Did the hotfix influence the difficulty of the d1 after the db1 ?
Sorry if i repeat unnecessary questions but i need that to be clerified ^^

Lokheit

Noob
so my main bnb with kenjutsu should be anything xx db1 ,d1 43 into anyspecialmove?
i was going right into his special after the d1 cause it was so tough to connect. Did the hotfix influence the difficulty of the d1 after the db1 ?
Sorry if i repeat unnecessary questions but i need that to be clerified ^^
D1 is now easier to connect. You should en with 4,3,Especial only if the special isn't EX as damage scale on 4,3 is really heavy. If you want to EX the special then go B3,1 if it's after the DB1,D1 and F3,1 in any other situation.

You can also connect now a 1,1,1 special after the DB1, less damage but less complicated too.

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
D1 is now easier to connect. You should en with 4,3,Especial only if the special isn't EX as damage scale on 4,3 is really heavy. If you want to EX the special then go B3,1 if it's after the DB1,D1 and F3,1 in any other situation.

You can also connect now a 1,1,1 special after the DB1, less damage but less complicated too.
thanks man

Wetdoba

All too easy...

So for no meter go with 421xxDB1, D1, 43xxEnder and for 1 meter go 421xxDB1, D1, F32xxDB4, JI2, 43xxEnder? As in replace 43 with F32 for scaling purposes but still end in 43 for damage?

Lokheit

Noob
So for no meter go with 421xxDB1, D1, 43xxEnder and for 1 meter go 421xxDB1, D1, F32xxDB4, JI2, 43xxEnder? As in replace 43 with F32 for scaling purposes but still end in 43 for damage?
Yup, except that after the DB1, D1 you won't be able to connect F3 and will need B3 instead. In situations like corner combo EXDF1, D1, F3,2, EX DB4 (etc...) F3 will connect as EXDF1 gives you much more room than DB1. But pretty much that is, 4,3 on the final string of the combo, but not for anything else.

Sometimes you won't see the damage difference but as I explained in other post in a different section, decimals count for final damage and screen round ups sometimes trick you into believeng 2 combos deal the same damage. Also 4,3 is faster than F3,2 so it's easier to connect anyway (just get the timing of the third kick as if you rush it you will miss some damage by canceling before it).

Edit: Forgot to mention, I think B1 is a better starter than 421, it has insane range, hits for more damage and with less hits (which is good for damage scaling).

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I said this ages ago but I'm serious now, picking up Kenshi, balanced specifically.

What are his best 1 bar and meterless midscreen and corner punishes and combos?

Any tips?

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I said this ages ago but I'm serious now, picking up Kenshi, balanced specifically.

Any tips?
My fav midscreen is: b32, Rising Karma, run, F32, tele flurry which will do 31% or 35% if you MB the tele flurry.
If you wanna bring the pain though you can: jip, F32, Rising karma, run, F32, tele flurry which will do 35% or 38% if you MB the tele flurry.
Although I usually save my Meter for EX rising karma on wake up for armor even though it's a little unsafe it goes like dis: EX rk, f32, tele flurry - 29%.

I don't bother with corner combos as I usually don't like hanging around the corner as kenshi and the combos I mentioned work fine in the corner and you don't even have to run for them. Mess around with some different combo starters and keep in mind that his jip1 kicks ass bit doesn't leave them stunned for long so it's harder to chain of the ji2. Also you can switch out the tele flurry on the second combo for an X-ray if you wanna finish someone off and it will do 54%.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
My fav midscreen is: b32, Rising Karma, run, F32, tele flurry which will do 31% or 35% if you MB the tele flurry.
If you wanna bring the pain though you can: jip, F32, Rising karma, run, F32, tele flurry which will do 35% or 38% if you MB the tele flurry.
Although I usually save my Meter for EX rising karma on wake up for armor even though it's a little unsafe it goes like dis: EX rk, f32, tele flurry - 29%.

I don't bother with corner combos as I usually don't like hanging around the corner as kenshi and the combos I mentioned work fine in the corner and you don't even have to run for them. Mess around with some different combo starters and keep in mind that his jip1 kicks ass bit doesn't leave them stunned for long so it's harder to chain of the ji2. Also you can switch out the tele flurry on the second combo for an X-ray if you wanna finish someone off and it will do 54%.
Yeah, so far I've been using:

MIDSCREEN:
b1~db1, f32~bf3
b32~db1, RUN~f32~bf3
111~db1, RUN~f32~bf3
db1(ex), f32~bf3
or if they're not in range:
db1(ex), bf3

CORNER:
b32~db1, f32~db1(ex), b32~bf2
b32~db1, f32~db1, 1~bf2

Surely there are better combos out there hahaha.

His zoning game is strong though

Last edited:

Zabru

Also if you anti-air someone with ji1 it's strict timing but you can catch them with rising karma and lead into F32 and tele flurry. I recommend practicing it.
Also I reckon his combos are fine actually.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also if you anti-air someone with ji1 it's strict timing but you can catch them with rising karma and lead into F32 and tele flurry. I recommend practicing it.
Also I reckon his combos are fine actually.
Yeah he has great anti-airs. WITH ARMOUR =D

I don't have trouble converting off them.

Zabru

Yeah he has great anti-airs. WITH ARMOUR =D

I don't have trouble converting off them.
Nice, I had a bit of trouble at first but his jip rocks! It's actually a pretty big deal for me when I have to go without it in the Possessed variant. But I suppose it would be a little too good with his teleport and it makes sense cause his blade is broken.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I ve got an X-RAY combo with Balanced. Sorry if this already known.

F32 rk, rc, f32 X-RAY: Deals 55% dmg. Ironically if you start the combo with a jp it deals 54% dmg. Good for finishing rounds and matches imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
which one's best for zonin n stuff?

pretty interested in possessed, myself
Probably Balanced. Kenjutsu is a mix of above average zoning, damage and 50/50's. If you want pure zoning though Balance is the go go imo.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!

Any tips?
Most of the Damage you will do from Combos as Balanced is after EX Karma.

You can watch the Tournament videos till now and see how people pressure Kenshi like mad dogs ... characters like KJ , Cassie , KL , EB , Raiden ...

EX Karma , run xx / step , F32 , Flurry is probably the thing you will see / use most.

You can use B32 (low starter) Karma , run xx , 4 3 , Flurry. (Using 4 3 instead of f32 gives u 1% more damage).

Using strings like b1 should be used only after Jump Ins i think ... its 2 risky ...
Try to use the b1 or f32 not from close ... use it as bait or just after Jump Ins like i said above.

Other Midscreen combo you can use is after catching your oponents Jump Ins with Karma you can again follow it with step f32 / 43 - Flurry.

If you are pressured in the corner and u get a Karma opener u can do 22 (the string that reverses the possition with your opponent followed by Push / Flurry or another EX Karma with different finisher (if u need the damage).

Corner combos - b32 karma , njp , 43 , Flurry
B32 / F32 , Flurry , F32 Ex Karma , 43 , Push.

I think that after few sessions using this stuff you will find the strings and speccials that suit you best for combos that are best for the situations u'r in.

Lokheit

Noob
I ve got an X-RAY combo with Balanced. Sorry if this already known.

F32 rk, rc, f32 X-RAY: Deals 55% dmg. Ironically if you start the combo with a jp it deals 54% dmg. Good for finishing rounds and matches imo.
There is a reason for that:

- JIP moves deal 5 damage and apply penalty of -10% of following combo damage.

- For any move that you put before a string, you can calculate if the move will reduce the damage instead of increasing it by dividing the move damage by its penalty and comparing it to the string damage.

- In the case of JIP the result is 50 which means that any combo dealinig more than 50 damage will deal less damage if started with a jumping punch.

- For reference, most moves apply a penalty of -5%, most launchers and NJP apply a -20%

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Most of the Damage you will do from Combos as Balanced is after EX Karma.

You can watch the Tournament videos till now and see how people pressure Kenshi like mad dogs ... characters like KJ , Cassie , KL , EB , Raiden ...

EX Karma , run xx / step , F32 , Flurry is probably the thing you will see / use most.

You can use B32 (low starter) Karma , run xx , 4 3 , Flurry. (Using 4 3 instead of f32 gives u 1% more damage).

Using strings like b1 should be used only after Jump Ins i think ... its 2 risky ...
Try to use the b1 or f32 not from close ... use it as bait or just after Jump Ins like i said above.

Other Midscreen combo you can use is after catching your oponents Jump Ins with Karma you can again follow it with step f32 / 43 - Flurry.

If you are pressured in the corner and u get a Karma opener u can do 22 (the string that reverses the possition with your opponent followed by Push / Flurry or another EX Karma with different finisher (if u need the damage).

Corner combos - b32 karma , njp , 43 , Flurry
B32 / F32 , Flurry , F32 Ex Karma , 43 , Push.

I think that after few sessions using this stuff you will find the strings and speccials that suit you best for combos that are best for the situations u'r in.
That ex karma corner combo is mint!

As for meterless I've found:

b32~db1, f32~db1, 1~bf2 which does 36%

@Vithar you can improve the timing by doing f32xxdb1 njp f3xxdb1, b32(xxbf3) ;-)

The NJP will change the gravity a bit and it would be simpler to hit f3 higher.

(1 bar): f32xxdb1 njp jik f32xxex-db1 43(xxbf3) will result in 44% - not doing njp jik will also appear to result in 44% the only difference being in the fact that MK is showing the damage as rounded and it's actually below 44% - the njp jik adds about 0.5% more damage ;-)

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
@Vithar you can improve the timing by doing f32xxdb1 njp f3xxdb1, b32(xxbf3) ;-)

The NJP will change the gravity a bit and it would be simpler to hit f3 higher.

(1 bar): f32xxdb1 njp jik f32xxex-db1 43(xxbf3) will result in 44% - not doing njp jik will also appear to result in 44% the only difference being in the fact that MK is showing the damage as rounded and it's actually below 44% - the njp jik adds about 0.5% more damage ;-)
Thanks man.