What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
and now all the people that abandoned kenshi are back.... welcome back but still, could have used your help for tech dudes while you were away, oh well

learis1

Guardian Cadet
and now all the people that abandoned kenshi are back.... welcome back but still, could have used your help for tech dudes while you were away, oh well
I'm guilty of this. I eased off playing possessed not so much because it was weak, but because it was so limitted and linear in what he could do; it stopped being fun. Now that demon slam is safe, possessed has become much more versatile and new strategies have opened up for it in the pressure department. The added versatility makes him much more fun to play, and that is what matters to me more than how strong he is.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Technically, I never left, because while I do plan to compete, I still don't physically own the game yet. Studying and focuswise, I shifted to Sub-Zero because I knew I would need a competitive edge tournament wise until Kenshi was made whole, but Kenjutsu Kenny (all sides of Kenny, really, but especially his MKDA/Deception throwback style) is still by far and wide the one person/variation I'm most attached to throughout the roster. It's still my hope now that he has a legitimate fighting chance to compete (and because the Sento Shoryuken is legit my favorite special in the game <3) that he will be my MKX equivalent of Cyrax and that Sub will resume his role as my main support as he did in MK9. Even if my dream of a Tremor that plays like Doomsday comes true, it won't be enough to unseat a viable Kenny Kenny.

Tl;dr: KENNY'S NOT DEAD!

Last edited:
I hear ya. Another thing is all the new Kenshi players we'll see because of the buffs. I mained him since day one and despite his weakness, I still love playing him and thought it was cool to be one of the few playing as the underdog character.

But new and returning Kenshi players, welcome (or welcome back)!

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Welp good thing you don't mind bandwagoners because I might pick up Keshi, at least as a sub. Kenjutsu speaks to me as a midscreen pokey artichokey guy. Balanced seems also the closest I'll get to sagat in this game

So Im hoping someone can clarify this for me, as its had me kind of confused for a while. But with this new buff to Kenshi, I've been told hes one of the best Zoner's in the game. (Then again I play on PC and will probably never get this buff so its whatever) However, I've found that I prefer to play kenjutsu over balanced because I like playing as a swordsman who actually uses his sword in combat, and doesn't get someone else to do it for him (hence why I don't like playing as inferno scorpion either). But from all the time I've spent playing him, Kenjutsu doesn't seem at all like balanced or possessed in terms of zone strength, and it makes me wonder if I'm basically playing the worst version of this character because I'm not good with a variation that has his best traits. Believe me I've been trying to learn how to play Balanced because it is a lot of fun, But a lot of the combos include using run to link parts together and I'm just too big of a scrub to pull that off, so that's not gonna happen.

Anyway what I'm trying to get at is What is Kenjutsu's strength compared to Balanced and Possessed, and what should I be trying to do when playing Kenjutsu, zone control, or rush down.Id love to know cause dat beard and Trench coat are sexy AF.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Never understood why it was a bad thing to have new and returning players play and share tech on a character. Who cares if they're on the "bandwagon".. the more players the better.
It's not that it's a bad thing its just like a "where were you when we were busting our asses trying to make our character viable? Oh right you abandoned us / chose not to do shit." kind of thing. I would totally poke fun at anyone that bitched out then came back later after most or all of the work was done. New players though nah lmao. Some players are actually just now picking up MKX others could be interested in Kenshi not as a main but a sub and had a more powerful main so they focused on their main.

@ Kenshi players did balanced receive any changes? Most of what I saw was possessed stuff and frame changes to Kenjutsu.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's not that it's a bad thing its just like a "where were you when we were busting our asses trying to make our character viable? Oh right you abandoned us. / chose not to do shit." kind of thing. I would totally poke fun at anyone that bitched out then came back later after most or all of the work was done. New players though nah lmao. Some players are actually just now picking up MKX others could be interested in Kenshi not as a main but a sub and had a more powerful main so they focused on their main.

@ Kenshi players did balanced receive any changes? Most of what I saw was possessed stuff and frame changes to Kenjutsu.
Telefurry and the EX version is now -9. Spirt charge has a couple of more active frames and increased pushback.

Landonio

n00b
Idk, i'm actually landing 111 after db1 a little more consistently then d1 b32 (I think) The delay I have to do to hit the b32 is a little awkward. 111 is tighter, but it also reminds me of bladams b23 11 combo
d1>b32 is not worth doing anywhere but the corner. Only time it's even remotely consistent.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I'm new to TYM and I'm new to fighting games in general. I'm having a bit of trouble but most of it's getting easier with practice. The one thing I'm interested to know is: do you guys play on controller or arcade stick? I've been using the PS4 controller but I am in no way a fan of the Dpad. I don't like how close the directional buttons are, it makes it a pain in the ass to be precise. I'm getting better but I still feel like the controller is holding me back. I would just go out and buy a Mad Catz TE2 and test it out if they weren't $200...

I'm a little worried it might make run canceling harder to do. I wish you could just use old cheap sticks for the ps3 or something like that. I would be more willing to just go out and buy one. What does Pig play on?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm new to TYM and I'm new to fighting games in general. I'm having a bit of trouble but most of it's getting easier with practice. The one thing I'm interested to know is: do you guys play on controller or arcade stick? I've been using the PS4 controller but I am in no way a fan of the Dpad. I don't like how close the directional buttons are, it makes it a pain in the ass to be precise. I'm getting better but I still feel like the controller is holding me back. I would just go out and buy a Mad Catz TE2 and test it out if they weren't $200...

I'm a little worried it might make run canceling harder to do. I wish you could just use old cheap sticks for the ps3 or something like that. I would be more willing to just go out and buy one. What does Pig play on?
Pig plays on pads, I don't think ive ever seen him bust out a stick.

It depends on what you feel most comfortable playing on. Some people love FightSticks, some people buy one thinking it'll turn them into a God and sell it months later. The way these games are designed nowadays it's just preference.

If you like pads I'd recommend the Hori FC4. If you like stick you can get a PS3 one for cheap.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I totally didn't even think consider pads lol. Oh it's mainly the directional pad, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm not looking for a quick fix or anything. I just don't want one of my problems to be my controller. Thanks I will check out some pads and the Hori FC4 :)

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
I totally didn't even think consider pads lol. Oh it's mainly the directional pad, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm not looking for a quick fix or anything. I just don't want one of my problems to be my controller. Thanks I will check out some pads and the Hori FC4 :)
You can use a ps3 stick for mkx

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Bd1 into 111 reminds me Black Adams b23 into 11

Prolly why I find it easy to do

Last edited: