What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Although it sucks that it's -13 now.. at the right distance it's safe even against Reptile's EX Slide. Also.. here's a video showcasing the 111 route @Pig Of The Hut mentioned earlier for those who need a visual cue. I also put your twitter in the description Pig in case others need to ask questions about the character. If you're uncomfortable with it, ill remove it ASAP.
Well the timing on 111 after db1 is still fucking stupid. I dont see executing it regularly online.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
For those struggling with the timing on 111, you can land d1 after db1 easier than before and you only lose out on about 4% I believe, so that's a good option. The 111 link is a bit tricky. You have to do it JUST before they hit the ground.

Yeah, the timing is still very rough if you consider online play. I don't think I will be using Kenjutsu online still. I guess I don't see why they have to make connecting to db1 so strict at all honestly? It doesn't seem like something overpowering to me at all. I will keep practicing but seems silly to be strict like that.

I went through every character in the game to see who could punish full screen Tele-Flurry. These were the characters I found who could:

Full combo punish with meter:
Quan Chi: Rune, EX Trance
Scorpion: Teleport

Knockdown with meter:
Johnny Cage: EX Shadow Kick
Goro: EX Quake (Kuatan Warrior)
Reptile: EX Slide

Knockdown/pressure for no meter:
Mileena: Tele-Kick
Raiden: Electric Fly

Counter zoning:
Jacqui: Hand Cannon (Full Auto)
Shinnok: Summoned Fiend (Necromancer), Devil's Flick (Necromancer)
Kenshi: Tele-flurry (Balanced) (lol), Demon Assault (Possessed)

Quan Chi and Scorpion are the really bad ones obv. They can also punish without meter too, they just don't get a combo. So basically don't ever do that move in those matchups. The zoning characters don't really seem that bad since they're all in the same boat; if they try a projectile and Kenshi blocks it (or ducks in Jacqui's case) he can punish with Tele-Flurry.
@Pig Of The Hut as far as I can tell, against Kitana, if you are out of range for Kenshi's bf2, you cannot be punished on block for doing bf3. If you're closer than half screen then yeah she can punish but if you're that close you could do bf2 instead (which is safe against her from far enough away) or run up and do a mixup or something.

Other punishes on Teleflurry:
Sub Zero Slide: Regular punishes from about 3/4th screen, EX punishes anywhere except absolutely full screen (like get full screen and take 1 step forward = you're in range to get punished)
Liu Kang flying kick: Punishes from 3/4ths screen.
Kung Jin flying kick: Punishes from 3/4ths screen.
Shinnok Scepter Slam: Punishes from 3/4ths screen
Reptile non-EX slide: Punishes from inside of bf2 range.
Jacqui Forces Rush: Punishes from inside of bf2 range.
Kano ball: Punishes from inside of bf2 range.
Quan Chi non-EX Trance: Punishes from as far as it reaches whiiiiiiiiiich is anywhere inside of bf2 range.
e: Erron Black Slide: Punishes from 3/4ths screen.

@the pooper I double checked, not only does Takeda's teleport NOT punish but if he does it you have time to react to it with EX Rising Karma (don't try this online)
As of today's patch, here's an updated list of moves that punish Tele-Flurry on block from full screen or 3/4ths screen:

-

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.. but I Just turned on very hard bot kenjutsu and he was doing some ridiculous shit. (prepatch)

I can't seem to land it once, but the bot was hitting db1 d1 f32.. maybe it's easier after the buffs? Idk. It was also hitting db1 d1 d1 b1 lol

Lokheit

Noob
DB1 fixed? I have to get home and see all those patch notes!!

If I want to take the new Kenjutsu to dinner and then start a serious relationship, nothing dirty, pure and romantic love, I can't imagine the state that Pig must be right now lol.

And I was going to publish a "Kenjutsu fix" video... think I will turn that idea into a tutorial now lol >.< So many hours in the lab with the pre-buff Kenjutsu will give us an advantage now :p

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... PC got today the Reptile skin patch but not today's hotfix, at this rate we will get good Kenjutsu when Predator comes. /facepalm-slam

Last edited:

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
If anyone is having trouble doing the old kenjutsu combo after db1, try pressing the b32 a little later than you normally would after the d1.

With the db1 and d1 buffs, it maybe allows us to hit the d1 much sooner, and the b32 is whiffing if you do it immediately like the old timing. (Either that, or my hands are just silly.) I was dropping it a lot by just doing it the old timing, but idk. Landing D1 after db1 is pretty easy now, it's just that this b32 is a little tricky, especially if you have to wait

Landonio

n00b
If anyone can land db1>111 or db1>d1>b32 consistently then I'll blow you. And I don't mean some combo video where you spent 8 hours trying to get it. I mean online and in tournament play. I'll wait.

Shit's not reliable enough.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If anyone can land db1>111 or db1>d1>b32 consistently then I'll blow you. And I don't mean some combo video where you spent 8 hours trying to get it. I mean online and in tournament play. I'll wait.

Shit's not reliable enough.
I can land 111 consistently not d1 b32

Landonio

n00b
Haven't dropped it once.
Really have a difficult time believing that, especially after the best Kenshi player in the world just said even he isn't hitting it consistently. "Easy" are Kung Jin's combos (and 95% of the cast compared to Kenshi). Show me some online play or a tourney of you playing and "not dropping it once". Like I said, I''ll wait. Even if you do manage to connect the B3 after the D1, the 2 will sometimes randomly whiff, even on male characters. As I said, too inconsistent.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Really have a difficult time believing that, especially after the best Kenshi player in the world just said even he isn't hitting it consistently. "Easy" are Kung Jin's combos (and 95% of the cast compared to Kenshi). Show me some online play or a tourney of you playing and "not dropping it once". Like I said, I''ll wait. Even if you do manage to connect the B3 after the D1, the 2 will sometimes randomly whiff, even on male characters. As I said, too inconsistent.
Delay the d1

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If any of you bearded blind men would like some Cyber Kano/Summoner&Sorcerer Quan experience, please add jshipp39 on PSN. I'm looking to fight Kenshi as well, as i literally never see anyone play him and desperately need the xp for my next offline local.

Landonio

n00b
Delay the d1
Oh, well in THAT case! *facepalm*

It's a 2-frame link. That's tiny. If you "delay" it any more outside that window, it'll whiff. The d1 isn't even the problem though. It's easier after the patch for sure but to call it "easy" is a little absurd. Also you completely skipped the part about the 2 randomly whiffing after the b3, which has nothing to do with the d1 (at least it doesn't seem too).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The one character and variation I wanted to main more than any other in the game has been revived.

Cue Spongebob's "Best Day Ever" song.

This is a truly happy day for House Box.