What's new

[Popular opinion] Smoke / Noob Saibot / Rain all sell far more copies of the games than Cassie Cage.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
We NOT gonna see him anytime soon, so it is a bit of a stretch to say he will not have as much fans or views, as we simply don't know that. They never give him a chance to shine.

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
Okay, for the sake of the argument... Let's say that neither Smoke, nor Noob Saibot nor Rain end up in the roster at any point. They simply sit this game out. Them, or any other major fan favorite characters.
Even though all these characters would sell more copies of the game than Cassie Cage. There is no doubt in my mind about that. You know it's true.

Which begs the question: Why does a ResidentSleeper character like Cassie Cage get a spot over fan favorites? NRS would please more fans and make more money, if they dropped Cassie and used her spot for a more interesting character.

Like, look at all the interest and hype Skarlet created. Where the reactions to Cassie were like: "Oh. Well, look, I guess Cassie will be playable, I guess."
10000000000000000%

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Lord Snotty has some bad memories with the color purple and the song Purple Rain, that is why he hates Rain for no reason.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
HEEEYYY!!! SwiftRage DON'T YOU DARE TALK MAD SHIT ABOUT MAH BOI NOOB SAIBOT! SwiftRage

Cassie Reveal Trailer from one month ago: ~307.000 views and ~9.000 likes...

Noob Saibot Reveal Trailer from 2 weeks ago: ~665.000 views and ~26.000 likes!!!

My main man Smoke would also take a massive views and likes dump on Cassie Cage and the rest of her family.

All praise Kabal
I mean... if we're talking trailer views, the Noob Gamespot upload has over 5 million. It was the #1 trending gaming video on YouTube for a bit.

Never underestimate the popularity of edgelord characters.

definitely facts. an mk game without all the ninjas just doesn't feel right. it'll still be good but it'll always feel like something is missing

Reactions: Zev
cassie is an ok inclusion and people have learned (forced) to like her but to include her and scrape out reptile or ermac who will most likely be sold back to us as dlc is pretty shit

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
cassie is an ok inclusion and people have learned (forced) to like her but to include her and scrape out reptile or ermac who will most likely be sold back to us as dlc is pretty shit
I don’t see how that makes sense. Every character has a spot because they were chosen by the devs and the fact that a character isn’t in the starting roster doesn’t mean its any other characters fault for taking that space. There’s something for everyone, take what you get and enjoy the freaking game.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
You know, when characters I like don’t make it into fighting games I want to play, instead of making threads about it constantly, I try out other characters and end up finding someone who is also fun to play. I definitely don’t take out my frustration on characters other people like being included.

I don’t see how that makes sense. Every character has a spot because they were chosen by the devs and the fact that a character isn’t in the starting roster doesn’t mean its any other characters fault for taking that space. There’s something for everyone, take what you get and enjoy the freaking game.
i'm going to enjoy the game. I mean some of my characters are in but obviously her inclusion does take up roster space. that's just simple logic. in a perfect world we could have cassie with reptile and ermac. cassie plays i guess an important role in the mk lore now so it is what it is. obviously you're going to defend her up and down purely out of bias

You know, when characters I like don’t make it into fighting games I want to play, instead of making threads about it constantly, I try out other characters and end up finding someone who is also fun to play. I definitely don’t take out my frustration on characters other people like being included.
you say that rocking the tira profile pic when there other characters that deserve a spot in sc6 like yun seong

Reactions: JTC

Eldagrin

you say that rocking the tira profile pic when there other characters that deserve a spot in sc6 like yun seong
I would’ve been fine with Yun Seong being in over Tira, although Hwang makes more sense for the timeline of the game

Eldagrin

yeah sometimes i forget about hwang. i mean it's crazy he didn't make it in but he makes an appearance in the campaign
If it makes you feel any better, according to leaks that were found along with Amy and Cassandra, Hwang, Setsuka, and Yun seong are supposed to be dlc if the game gets a season 2 (and god I really hope it does).