What's new

[Popular opinion] Smoke / Noob Saibot / Rain all sell far more copies of the games than Cassie Cage.

If it makes you feel any better, according to leaks that were found along with Amy and Cassandra, Hwang, Setsuka, and Yun seong are supposed to be dlc if the game gets a season 2 (and god I really hope it does).
yeah i remember the leaks. i also didn't agree with an amy and cassandra inclusion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
i'm going to enjoy the game. I mean some of my characters are in but obviously her inclusion does take up roster space. that's just simple logic. in a perfect world we could have cassie with reptile and ermac. cassie plays i guess an important role in the mk lore now so it is what it is. obviously you're going to defend her up and down purely out of bias
Yes I am defending her she’s my main just like I’m sure you’d defend your main as well if someone said they should be replaced with another.

I agree with one of the mods. Scorpion and Subzero are way higher than Noob, Smoke, Rain popularity wise. Only these 2 are staple.

Then we have Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kang, Kung, Kitana, Mileena, Raiden and Kano who are not only popular but also somewhat play a role in the plot (yes Kano is a rival to Sonya and Jax).

Rain, noob and smoke have been doing jack-sh*t since UMK3. I do think their design and gameplay are cool but many other players can say Cassie, Kotal, Dvorah are just as cool.

Rain, noob, smoke have a fair chance just as new comers and returning 3D fighters, they are not that unique, not that iconic, not that important to the plot. Most people saying they are important are ones who stuck in the past and whine on a forum. Casual players don’t go to forum, that’s why you don’t see how much they love new comers.

I have played MK since MK4 era, and I think MK11 roster is a perfect balance. I do hope Takeda, Rain, Mileena and Fujin to make it, but so far so good.

Yes I am defending her she’s my main just like I’m sure you’d defend your main as well if someone said they should be replaced with another.
well that just wouldn't work because my main is scorpion. there'd be no defense because it would never happen.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
The lack of Fujin is slightly surprising. Of all the characters scheduled for a return, surely he's the main one? Sindel too. If we're dealing with timelines, she's a significant figure in the narrative even if the character has been repositioned into a matronly revenant.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
The type of people who would buy the game for Noob/Rain/Smoke are 100% going to purchase the game anyway.
Exactly. It would be foolish to cater to fans and leave out a potentially untapped audience. We have Injustice fans who might go for Mortal Kombat 11. Casual gamers. This roster gives something for everyone.

cassie is lame but what are nrs supposed to do? robots and ninjas are not cool anymore. it's not 1998. sassy strong women who take no shit from whatever are cool... i guess?

D

Deleted member 35141

I really wanted noob and rain but to say these 3 characters would sell more copies is rediculous. Were really using youtube views lol, scorp and sub are technically the game sellers but there youtube views would be low, why you ask pretty simple everyone know they are gonna be there whereas noob and kabal have missed multiple games.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Never would have thought two women characters were going to be my training dummies, mostly female characters were my favorites back in the 90ties.

Jordy

Noob
I STILL CANT understand how they put jacqui and cassie over RAIN AND REPTILE!!! wtf I’m freaking fuming!!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This thread would have been more effective if OP used Jaqui instead of Cassie as an example.

Cassie is a character that you either love or hate, but she does have some fans. If you ask around Jaqui literally only has like 2 fans, and they are probably confusing her with some other character anyway.

Reactions: Zev
I don't think that the casual audience actually care about Rain. Smoke and Noob are probably more popular for the casuals, but I have doubts about Rain.

The more popular characters among the casual audience don't seem to be the ninjas anymore, at least not for the younger casual players.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Just here hoping for smoke to get some love and actually get into the game. If not here’s to another 4 years of waiting. Cheers
Human Smoke is a fucking revenant, canon. He, NightWolf, and Sindel have the biggest gripe to be in this game and Ill keep saying it. The only legit argument against that is that its hekka lame to whine about character inclusions. So oh well.