What's new

[Popular opinion] Smoke / Noob Saibot / Rain all sell far more copies of the games than Cassie Cage.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
This would make a good thread methinks. "What does MK mean for you?"
This is what MK means to me:

I want all of these characters in the game. And I don't want the inclusion of Cassie Cage take one spot away from a Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Cyrax, Sektor, Kitana, Mileena, Tanya, Jade.

Compare the roster of MK9 with the roster of MKX. I think we can ALL agree, that MK9 had the much better roster. And I really feel like that statement in particular is not even remotely debatable. Give me timeless classics like the ones I've posted over ResidentSleeper Kombat Kids any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
And this isn't even one of those: "Oh, so you don't want any new characters?"-stories. I don't mind new characters. Reptile at one point was a new character. But as long as these characters have tons and tons of style and coolness, I'm totally on board with them. Kung Jin didn't have style. Neither did Jacqui. And in my opinion Cassie didn't have style either. What made it worse was her Deus Ex Machina part in the story.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ummmm huh?? What does feminism, gender and Gillette suddenly have to do with this topic?
Just saying that topics where people focus on characters(not so much on here thankfully) but you know want a character due to those topics. Like for example though, if someone says "cassie sucks" like I have on YT a lot people will go off on that stuff. But anyway, all of that aside I think I'll go with my initial post, Cassie is still way too new to make a difference of whether she impacts an MK game's sales, the ninjas however are legendary in MK lore.
This would make a good thread methinks. "What does MK mean for you?"

And we can see the variety of answers in play.
Good topic idea!

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
This is what MK means to me:

I want all of these characters in the game. And I don't want the inclusion of Cassie Cage take one spot away from a Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Cyrax, Sektor, Kitana, Mileena, Tanya, Jade.

Compare the roster of MK9 with the roster of MKX. I think we can ALL agree, that MK9 had the much better roster. And I really feel like that statement in particular is not even remotely debatable. Give me timeless classics like the ones I've posted over ResidentSleeper Kombat Kids any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
And this isn't even one of those: "Oh, so you don't want any new characters?"-stories. I don't mind new characters. Reptile at one point was a new character. But as long as these characters have tons and tons of style and coolness, I'm totally on board with them. Kung Jin didn't have style. Neither did Jacqui. And in my opinion Cassie didn't have style either. What made it worse was her Deus Ex Machina part in the story.
This kind of sounds to me like "Just give me all the Ninjas". I'm sorry, but in my opinion, only Scorpion and Sub-Zero are iconic. Kitana and Mileena aren't technically Ninjas, but I'll say they too are iconic and deserve a permanent spot on the roster. That said, Mortal Kombat is not all about Ninjas and only Ninjas. Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kano were in the game that started it all and are just as iconic. And, the story continues/evolves. Cassie Cage is part of that evolution, and a welcome part in my opinion. She's charming and does have style, though it may not be a style you like, and that's alright. She may not be your Favorite, which is also alright, but she has become a fan favorite. I hope you do end up getting Rain, Smoke, and Noob in the end, but it feels childish to lash out and poo-poo on Cassie just because they have yet to/ may not be announced as being in the game.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Well, Rain has been neglected too much lately. He should be on the main roster. Same as Noob Saibot. I prefer Cassie to Smoke, honestly.

Smoke was way more charismatic back when he was a robot. Go figure.

Reactions: Zev

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Is this a "mad about a hypothetical that hasn't even happened" or an "I hate Cassie Cage" thread?

Personally, I think Cassie this the best character of all time in anything, and I don't need your Rain, Smoke, or Noob.

#opinions #comeatme

This person + all people liking this, are fans of the Kardashians, they have Justin Bieber cd's and only care about movies with real people in it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
you can't win this fight, people love their generic sassy teenage girl too much

Cassie Cyrus

This game isn't even meant for young people...

So what is this bubblegum eating, selfie-addicted, humor-cursed brat child doing in MK at all?

Karin is awesome in Streetfighter because she belongs there, putting Karin kuch kuch Cassie in MK is just a bad idea.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I can remember being a child like 6-7 and begging my parents for MK3 before I even knew who was in it.

I dont think the super casuals care about the roster THAT much. We seperate the classes into “tournament players” and “casuals” but I think its more like, “Tournament players,” “fanboys/girls”, then 80% of the consumers, “casuals.”

To an extent, they just pick who they like, fits in the story, and WB approves.

Also, they say this “absence makes the heart grow fonder,” and if Smoke or Fujin or Rain could possibly have a story role in a later game they would probably rather them sit out now to make it a bigger deal when they show up.

Cassie Cyrus

Who cares about what Casuals want?

Aren't our own opinions our own? Nobody is complaining and thinking that it will change.

We just complain, because it feels good to complain, especially in this time of age, with the mobile zombie generation, super fun to complain and let others think you are a negative brat that doesn't like anything. (While in fact I'm in freaking love with this roster, there are just some nasty pustules on the roster which I really can't stand, you already know which 2 characters I'm talking about, both female, both boring)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Who cares about what Casuals want?
They're the biggest market. Also, you just told me you played MK for about 6 months, then lose interest. You're a casual too.

I dont think the super casuals care about the roster THAT much.
It's the characters most casuals do get attached to. They're the ones that makes them keep coming back.

Cassie Cyrus

Correction: In my opinion, casual = people who ask for Scorpion when they show a Jade Trailer, and people who ask for Batman, Blade fill in any guest character on youtube, twitter and facebook.

People that don't even know who Fujin or Rain is.

I think you have casuals -> Normal Fans like me, who know all the characters, lore and play the game with all characters and -> Addicted tournament players, who play their entire life to git gud.