What's new

Pool Assignments and Schedule for UFGT 8: Infinity

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
But for us who have been doing this shit for the past 10-20 years, we know better.
Heh, I notice that, too. A majority of the bullshit comes from players who are newer to the scene.

Also, more on topic... I can't see Chris G not getting top 8. His fundamentals are so strong. In every game. In the words of Mr. 16bit, "we need to stop pretending that guy isnt good." hahaha

CD jr

Noob
i get along perfectly fine with sc,ae,and umvc3 community why? because even though i might trash ae and umvc3 here and there i dont actually ''hate'' the game i support it and watch every stream because i love the fgc and i just want it to grow and to do that you HAVE to support every fighting game.the capcom community(not top players even though a few of them trash other games) they want to be in their little world with only marvel and ae and fuck the other fighting games.if you ask me they are the disrespectful community not us.we get disrespectful cause they are the ones that start to fuck with us first and what are we gonna do just stand here and take all their shit?fuck that im going to defend mk until the day i stop playing video games which will never happen btw. Keits i have a lot of respect for every TO and i want to thank you personally for supporting mk but dude come on,you are a grown man and you are letting your self get trolled on these forums? lol im only 20 i never let trolls get to me just come here post what you need to post and thats it.

Espio

Kokomo
So much drama everytime a tourney comes up lol.

I don't play Street Fighter, but I never would trash the game because it's a solid game despite not appealing to me personally.

I love fighting games and the communities, big fan of Soul Calibur, DOA, and Tekken among others.

Also, looking forward to this tournament it's so stacked, I want to see every single match and I would have loved to make this, such an amazing line up.

Medina4life

Media Master
I agree. So dumb, Lol. Seriously, these fuckers should just rename Majors Street Fighter and Marvel. Because that is the FGC, there is no true community, it's Fighting Game Capcom, 2 games getting all the attention, priorities, etc, doesn't make a community. And Keits sounds like a elitist, Lol.
No one can ignore the fact that we pulled in only 50 entrants. Seriously guys, that's not good either. Final Round had 128 and since then numbers have been dwindling more and more. I don't think we will have an EVO qualifier as big as FR again. I understand you guys feel like you deserve better "treatment" or whatever. The fact of the matter is we still have to show up at tournaments or we won't get any respect what so ever. ]

Why should we have to care that Street Fighter and Marvel gets more screen time? Do you honestly want to be on stream where half the people there don't even want us there at all and just troll in the chat? Like seriously, why try and force our scene in to somewhere we aren't wanted? Then we complain when we don't have the numbers for justification. How does that make any sense? At FR we had 128 people, thus we had a dedicated MK stream. NRS has just given awesome pot bonuses for EVO majors, and 20k for EVO. We are still actively growing and playing a game that was supposed to "die" months ago. Jesus everyone, does no one ever see the bright side to anything. MLG announces the pot for MK went up another 10k. "Everything is amazing but nobody is happy."

Yea, I'm a little sad I can't stream the one major that is in my hometown. I'll get over it and give a reason why I should be allowed to do it next year. Keep in mind no other community at all will have be recording pool matches like I will (To my knowledge). Sorry for the rant, I seem to be doing this often lately haha <3

Keits

Direktor
Thanks Medina.

As stated by many, there is no "Capcom bias" (Wait until you see how much time SFxT gets on sunday, even though it pulled over twice as many people as MK). Its all about numbers. MvC3 and SF4 are near 200 people. They also get much larger viewer numbers on the stream. Event directors have to do what is best for their events, and putting a game with a low turnout and so-so stream numbers in prime spots all weekend isn't the way to go.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Sorry for the rant, I seem to be doing this often lately haha <3
Don't apologize! People need to hear these things. I get that everyone loves this game, but people let that blind them to the reality of the situation.

The current posted pools here total 48 people. Take away people who are there for Capcom but playing MK while they're there, and you have 45.

If we want to do majors where the only game being played is MK9, hell, I have a giant warehouse space here in Philadelphia so large that we'd barely fill half of just the first floor. Top 8 could be held on the roof, projected with my HD projector 20 feet high. I wouldn't expect nice things like a hotel group rate through when I call the hotel and say, "Hey, I'm throwing this huge MK tournament, can I get a discounted bulk group rate? Oh yeah, we'll be getting a good 15 rooms."

I understand Capcom folks dominate the scene, but its because their games are popular. I understand people feel annoyed, but I really feel that this is a case where MKers need to be the bigger man so to speak... be more mature, and do everything we can to generate hype for this game, bridge the communities, and show everyone else why they should be playing MK, too.

No one can ignore the fact that we pulled in only 50 entrants. Seriously guys, that's not good either. Final Round had 128 and since then numbers have been dwindling more and more. I don't think we will have an EVO qualifier as big as FR again. I understand you guys feel like you deserve better "treatment" or whatever. The fact of the matter is we still have to show up at tournaments or we won't get any respect what so ever. ]

Why should we have to care that Street Fighter and Marvel gets more screen time? Do you honestly want to be on stream where half the people there don't even want us there at all and just troll in the chat? Like seriously, why try and force our scene in to somewhere we aren't wanted? Then we complain when we don't have the numbers for justification. How does that make any sense? At FR we had 128 people, thus we had a dedicated MK stream. NRS has just given awesome pot bonuses for EVO majors, and 20k for EVO. We are still actively growing and playing a game that was supposed to "die" months ago. Jesus everyone, does no one ever see the bright side to anything. MLG announces the pot for MK went up another 10k. "Everything is amazing but nobody is happy."

Yea, I'm a little sad I can't stream the one major that is in my hometown. I'll get over it and give a reason why I should be allowed to do it next year. Keep in mind no other community at all will have be recording pool matches like I will (To my knowledge). Sorry for the rant, I seem to be doing this often lately haha <3
I'm looking at arrangements to see if I can show up, maybe I can take a bus back to save hotel $. But again, Pace, blows, ass. Was kind of just irritated, when I posted that, when I'm scambling to get funds to go! Funds to go just to get Casuals in as a priority. That post was a bit OOH, I apologise.

Than people assume, you don't show up, therefore, you're not 'in' the community, it's the dumbest crap I've heard. When people don't know the circumstances why some people don't show. It's not a voluntary choice.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Don't apologize! People need to hear these things. I get that everyone loves this game, but people let that blind them to the reality of the situation.

The current posted pools here total 48 people. Take away people who are there for Capcom but playing MK while they're there, and you have 45.

If we want to do majors where the only game being played is MK9, hell, I have a giant warehouse space here in Philadelphia so large that we'd barely fill half of just the first floor. Top 8 could be held on the roof, projected with my HD projector 20 feet high. I wouldn't expect nice things like a hotel group rate through when I call the hotel and say, "Hey, I'm throwing this huge MK tournament, can I get a discounted bulk group rate? Oh yeah, we'll be getting a good 15 rooms."

I understand Capcom folks dominate the scene, but its because their games are popular. I understand people feel annoyed, but I really feel that this is a case where MKers need to be the bigger man so to speak... be more mature, and do everything we can to generate hype for this game, bridge the communities, and show everyone else why they should be playing MK, too.
Fuck the rest of this topic; you have a giant warehouse space right here in philly and would be willing to have mk people play there?! Let's do this!

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
...Keits i have a lot of respect for every TO and i want to thank you personally for supporting mk but dude come on,you are a grown man and you are letting your self get trolled on these forums? lol im only 20 i never let trolls get to me just come here post what you need to post and thats it.
The problem is he is an adult and expects to be treated like one. He isn't screwing over MK and I think people were too harsh on him. I'm glad he was in here defending himself and his tournament, it just sucks he had to.

And to everyone else, Medina is going to record just not stream, I'll try to see what I can get on my camera like I did for MLG. It won't be exactly what we want but hopefully most of the great matches (and mine) will be recorded.

To the topic on hand, my pool looks like it is going grind me into hamburger. Hope to see everyone there, and at GGA on Thursday night! Good luck!

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Well....my pool looks eerily familiar to FR.
Barely beat Clint and lost to CDjr....and add in Cyrax, which can literally make you lose a tourny match instantly.
So I got a stacked pool again.....

At FR, it was me, cdjr, blackula, showtime, eklectic, konqrr, morty, wafflez, arturo, BigD, clint and shujinkydink....ALL IN THE SAME POOL!!!!!!

Not looking forward to this.....at all. :coffee:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
If we want to do majors where the only game being played is MK9, hell, I have a giant warehouse space here in Philadelphia so large that we'd barely fill half of just the first floor.
Throw in a bar and you can call the place "Outworld Tavern"!

Just sayin'. ;)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Barely beat Clint and lost to CDjr....and add in Cyrax, which can literally make you lose a tourny match instantly.
At FR, it was me, cdjr, blackula, showtime, eklectic, konqrr, morty, wafflez, bigd, clint and shujinkydink....ALL IN THE SAME POOL!!!!!!

Dque gonna wreck some folks...watch

The only actual complaints here are primarily that the pools are so stacked and we think we should have a stream for every since match, because quite frankly, every match will be quality. It's not bashing the TO, because I understand that you have to do what is best for the majority, but I also can't really conceive why Medina cannot stream if he has offered to or wants to. I realize there are contractual agreements, but I guess I just don't see what it matters even knowing that.

Anyway, just throwing out a different perspective on the issue.

Shout outs to Medina4life for doing so much for us. Appreciated.

A-Train

Noob
This will be my first time attending a tournament of this size, so I'm looking forward to the experience and having some fun competing and watching! Nice job, Keits, on organizing this thing (I'm sure it ain't easy).

Also looking forward to seeing everyone from GGA including the folks I met last Thursday at the Windy City Showdown (Medina, Tolkeen, Jim - probably forgetting some, too). Good luck to all.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
At FR, it was me, cdjr, blackula, showtime, eklectic, konqrr, morty, wafflez, BigD, clint and shujinkydink....ALL IN THE SAME POOL!!!!!!

Arturo was also in our pool as well.