What's new

Pool Assignments and Schedule for UFGT 8: Infinity

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
"contractual agreements with the broadcasters" = some fucking bullshit.
They have a bunch of games to divvy out screen time to, fine, but then along comes Medina offering to cast all the MK pools and they say no?! MK dedicated streams only get maybe 500 odd viewers, so it wouldn't impact the main stream significantly to have MK cast simultaneously. smh

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Shame on UFGT only streaming one pool though...

call it Grass-Roots if you want but MK gets the back burner in these tourneys...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Pool D: Piggy (W) nd Slips (L)
Pool F: Chris G (W) & MoeW30 (L) .
Pool G: CD Jr (W) & Clint.(L)
Pool H: Reo (W) & 16 Bit (L)

Winners:
-Piggy over Chris, 2-1.
-Junior over Reo, 2-1.
-Winners' Finals: Piggy over Junior, 3-2.

Losers:
-Moe over Slips, 2-1.

-Clint over Bit, 2-1.
-Moe over Chris, 2-0.
-Reo over Clint, 2-1.
-In a huge upset no one (including myself, but I can daydream) will believe until it happens, I'm picking Moe and Ermac to juuuuuuuust manage to beat Reo, 2-1.
Losers' Finals: Junior over Moe, 3-1.

GRAND FINALS: Pig Of The Hut VS vVv CD Jr.
-Junior resets the bracket, 3-1, Pig goes Super Saiyan and his hair turns platinum blonde, and he comes back to take the 2'nd set, 3-1, to win it all.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Here are my predictions.

D: Pig (winners) Slips (losers)
F: Dizzy (winners) Moe (losers)
G. CD Jr (winners) Ikizzle (losers)
H: REO (winners) 16 Bit (losers)

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Good luck to all attending. On another note MK having only 1 pool streamed is exactly why more people need to attend the MLG events. They have mad respect for the players and stream monsters. Plus $$$$.

Keits

Direktor
Wow... Pool H... Should I even show up?

Oh and us only getting 1 pool streamed I am not very excited about. MK should just separate from these tournaments and just do our own stuff in my humble opinion.
Yeah, of the 8 main games, MK has the smallest turnout. Getting one block on stream is more than fair.

If you guys want to do your own thing instead of being part of the event next year, you just let me know and I'll drop MK from the roster straight away.

Keits

Direktor
Good luck to all attending. On another note MK having only 1 pool streamed is exactly why more people need to attend the MLG events. They have mad respect for the players and stream monsters. Plus $$$$.
Super ungrateful. The more I read of this, the more irritated I get.

Keits

Direktor
"contractual agreements with the broadcasters" = some fucking bullshit.
They have a bunch of games to divvy out screen time to, fine, but then along comes Medina offering to cast all the MK pools and they say no?! MK dedicated streams only get maybe 500 odd viewers, so it wouldn't impact the main stream significantly to have MK cast simultaneously. smh
Its not "some fucking bullshit". Its a contract. Medina is free to record and upload whatever, but the only two streams from the floor will be Level Up and Focus Fire.

Keits

Direktor
Shame on UFGT only streaming one pool though...

call it Grass-Roots if you want but MK gets the back burner in these tourneys...
Just pointing out more of this idiocy. Yup. Calling it what it is.

You gave YOURSELF the "back burner" when you got the lowest turnout of the eight main games.

Which other games get 1 pool streamed? Did you even look? SCV, Skullgirls, KoF? No thoughts about this being based on your turnout? Also, MK9 doesn't even have a semifinals anymore. Top 8 come straight from pools and play Sunday.

I'm really shocked you guys are acting like smash players about this.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Keits
You shouldn't get so mad at people's angst on the forum.
We are definitely glad to get some stream time. There have been other tourney where we got none.
People just get mad because they want more, especially since pool F wouldn't be nearly as exciting as pool H to stream...
I think it is understandable for people's upset, not ungratefulness or idiocy.

Keits

Direktor
Nah, don't get me wrong. Everyone is grateful that MK is even included in the tournament, but stream monsters get upset. Just 1 pool? Come on man.
You come on. There are 8+ other games there. Why should the one with the lowest turnout get bonus time over stuff that has twice the number of players (and still only gets 1 pool streamed)? Self entitlement is not a reason.

hmmm is registration closed or something?
Do you think pools would be up if registration was still open?

Keits

Direktor
Keits
You shouldn't get so mad at people's angst on the forum.
We are definitely glad to get some stream time. There have been other tourney where we got none.
People just get mad because they want more, especially since pool F wouldn't be nearly as exciting as pool H to stream...
I think it is understandable for people's upset, not ungratefulness or idiocy.
I may be able to switch its slot with skullgirls to get pool H on stream. You may also get some of pool D streamed if 3rd Strike finals finish quickly.

But yeah, I'm mad. I've worked very very hard to accommodate you guys and seeing all this negativity is pretty rage-worthy.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You come on. There are 8+ other games there. Why should the one with the lowest turnout get bonus time over stuff that has twice the number of players (and still only gets 1 pool streamed)? Self entitlement is not a reason.

Do you think pools would be up if registration was still open?
That's what happens when you take away the option to register at the door. A lot of people can't have the money until the last minute. I don't think MK would be last if that was a option.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I may be able to switch its slot with skullgirls to get pool H on stream. You may also get some of pool D streamed if 3rd Strike finals finish quickly.

But yeah, I'm mad. I've worked very very hard to accommodate you guys and seeing all this negativity is pretty rage-worthy.
I know man, we without a doubt appreciate and thankful for all your hard work! I am still in awe that pool assignments are out this early!

Listen to the guys who go to the tournament, they are the ones who count!...not these forum monsters. I for one am very very excited to see this go down. Probably going to be one of our best tournaments to date (even though it is smaller, it has lots of A-listers).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Everyone appreciates your hard work too. It could be worse, but seriously every community is gonna gripe about something. No need to get all twisted up. It's life.

Medina4life

Media Master

Of course we appreciate what you are doing, that goes without saying. The community is just used to seeing MK dedicated streams now it seems. I think I have spoiled them...