What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

astronout

see you at the top.
Buffalo only popped off because he felt safe to do so. He wouldn't have pulled that stunt if there weren't any cameras/people around and it was just him and Scar. He did it solely to put on a show, but it got out of hand due to the prolonged trespassing of another man's personal space. Don't respect it at all and Scar would have been well within his right to check him then and there.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Did he go a bit overbroad w/ the pop off? Yes. Was the pop off wrong? No.

Do y'all even know the context of this? Scar was talking shit on Buffalo before this. So it was a build up. Perfect example of when you talk shit you better back it up. And this pop off was the result of that. I am now a bigger fan of Buffalo. Whoop there it is!
Losing your shit over something so small is just childish. Props for Scar for keeping his cool, this could have ended poorly if buffalo did this to someone else.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
This community is beyond me. Its pretty cut and dry, to the point where this could be a Disney movie - kid does something well, but gets demeaned by the bully (a literal grown man in this situation) he looked up to and told "you'll never belong." Kid trains hard, wins in the end, gets his comeuppance. Justice is served.

Three cheers for the zero tolerance policy that plagues schools and empowers bullies - you are all advocating for it.
Quoting for truth, and because nobody has had the gall to respond to this.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Whats with all the props to Scar. Like, it's the fucking norm - not just specifically to competitive gaming - that when you talk shit and you're proven wrong, you sit your ass down and take the L. Thats what rappers do when they lose beef, they just take the L. He would have been hella lame to clap back at him. Buffalo earned the right to shit talk all he wants, thats just the name of the game. There's no "right" way to pop off. If you cant handle it, stop being a dumbass on Twitter.

It's also really lame of Scar to shove his middlefinger in his face - idc how frustrated you are, you gotta hold all that, thats the consequence when you get your ass handed. Thats essentially the point - you gotta learn not to run your mouth like that. If you dont like that, you shoulda been composed... On Twitter before you ran your mouth

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Just because someone has done it longer before, doesn't mean it okay to do it again now.

And did 16 Bit ever get in someone's face that heated before? This is a genuine question.
16 bit ended up going too far in the USA vs England 4v4 in 2012 at Evo. It was bad. But I'm pretty sure she's apologized for that and grown from it.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Whats with all the props to Scar. Like, it's the fucking norm - not just specifically to competitive gaming - that when you talk shit and you're proven wrong, you sit your ass down and take the L. Thats what rappers do when they lose beef, they just take the L. He would have been hella lame to clap back at him. Buffalo earned the right to shit talk all he wants, thats just the name of the game. There's no "right" way to pop off. If you cant handle it, stop being a dumbass on Twitter.

It's also really lame of Scar to shove his middlefinger in his face - idc how frustrated you are, you gotta hold all that, thats the consequence when you get your ass handed. Thats essentially the point - you gotta learn not to run your mouth like that. If you dont like that, you shoulda been composed... On Twitter before you ran your mouth
I agree, but at the same time why should Scar be the one to restrain himself just because he talked shit, but it's okay for Buffalo to essentially do the same, but in his face, because he won? Smack talking is all fun and games, but whoever wins or lose, both players should show good sportsmanship once it's all said and done. I know competitions are stressful, but I still feel like people should show restraint. If you need to blow off some steam, go for a run or something.

Also, it was cringey AF.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I agree, but at the same time why should Scar be the one to restrain himself just because he talked shit, but it's okay for Buffalo to essentially do the same, but in his face, because he won? Smack talking is all fun and games, but whoever wins or lose, both players should show good sportsmanship once it's all said and done. I know competitions are stressful, but I still feel like people should show restraint. If you need to blow off some steam, go for a run or something.

Also, it was cringey AF.
Pretty much this. If I win a close match, I might do some small shit-talking, but after that, I'll shake your hand and thank you for the match-up.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Losing your shit over something so small is just childish. Props for Scar for keeping his cool, this could have ended poorly if buffalo did this to someone else.
If it's so small though, why talk shit to begin with? I never see a need to shit talk to this point, it's a video game not baseball or football when someone throws at your head or does a dirty hit. That is worth getting in someone's face for or tweeting about after a game. But this shit? lol It's pretty simple really. There's cause and effect, some people you just don't fuck with to put it bluntly. A lot of people now days think "oh I'll just talk shit run someone's name through the mud on twitter, talk about them and their family" then when that person fights back, people are shocked. Perhaps the first person should how do you say, shut their mouth to begin with and thus avoid things like this? Just saying.

Last edited:

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
If it's so small though, why talk shit to begin with? It's pretty simple really. There's cause and effect, some people you just don't fuck with to put it bluntly. A lot of people now days think "oh I'll just talk shit run someone's name through the mud on twitter, talk about them and their family" then when that person fights back, people are shocked. Perhaps the first person should how do you say, shut their mouth to begin with and thus avoid things like this? Just saying.
I see what you're getting at but when you have an audience you have to behave properly. Yeah scar talked shit but that doesn't give buffalo the right to explode like that and threaten someone. Don't go saying it wasn't a threat cause his body language said it all.
Buffalo took the game, best he could have done is just smile and tell Scar he should think twice next time before talking smack.
What happened now is:
Scar talked shit, loses the set but still comes out on top to the generale public because Buffalo acted like an asshat.
I'm literally embarassed in that kid's place.

MKF30

I see what you're getting at but when you have an audience you have to behave properly. Yeah scar talked shit but that doesn't give buffalo the right to explode like that and threaten someone. Don't go saying it wasn't a threat cause his body language said it all.
Buffalo took the game, best he could have done is just smile and tell Scar he should think twice next time before talking smack.
What happened now is:
Scar talked shit, loses the set but still comes out on top to the generale public because Buffalo acted like an asshat.
I'm literally embarassed in that kid's place.
I mean I agree that he overreacted, but I don't blame him for putting the guy in his place. I mean I wouldn't have gone THAT nuts but I'd probably say something to him like "ok you want to talk shit dude, talk shit now you lost" and be on my way. It does give Buff the right to tell his ass off depending on what he said especially, if someone did that to me or you I'm sure you wouldn't be pleased online. People don't realize how humiliating and such it is to mock someone now days online, it's a big deal. You can ruin or mess up someone's rep or name. Not cool. I would put Scar as much at fault for starting the drama, because my original point stands in that regard if he hadn't started anything I doubt Buff would have reacted like that. But like I said I do think Buff overreacted and went too nuts for show or he just has a big temper, but I don't blame him for WHY he did it if that makes sense to you. Hopefully he cools it next time and Scar learned something as well. I wouldn't say he came out on top when you talk game then don't back it up honestly, just my opinion. It kind of reminds me of that boston closer few years back who had the balls to say he was just as good or better than Mariano Rivera, then got zonked in those same situations. He later apologized but already looked like a fool for running his mouth and not backing it up.

Afumba

Noob
You guys saying Buffalo deserved to make a scene are ridiculous and missing the point. If he had done it on the streets or somewhere else then sure - whatever. Acting like that at an event though is childish, inmature and idiotic plain and simple. It just shows that you dont have any sportsmanship and you dont know how to behave at these events.

It also doesnt matter if the beef is for something as trivial as "Timmy at school hid my backpack" (and this beef is at best on this level) or if he insulted your mom for a month straight from morning till evening, 24/7.

You want to set the record straight, punch the guy, get even, whatever, just do it outside of an event. Drive to his house, set a meet, wait for him someplace, talk shit about him online, hell whatever you think you need to do. But deserved or not you dont act like that at an event, period. The beef is between the two of you so dont bother others with it.

People give Scar props for not stooping to that level at an event not because he is a hero or innocent in the beef. Him showing the middlefinger is just his way to get over the situation in that moment. Imagine if he had talked back or yelled back at Buffalo to get out of his face, you can tell me all you like but Buffalo would have lost it. 9/10 people that watched it had the impression he already did anyway.

Anyways for almost everyone their beef is totally irrelevant. I personally dont care at all what any of these guys do or dont do outside of them playing at tournaments/on stream. I (and tons of others that see things like me) saw a big child act out like a maniac at a tournament and i was glad not be in Scars shoes cuz i wouldnt have stayed that calm with someone in my face like that.

And lol at people saying you are entitled to act like that. Someone up in your face like that you definitely dont have to hold shit. Seen plenty of people at sports and esport events get their faces bashed in for thinking that. Now you can say its ridiculius over a game etcetc all you want but reality is that there is a good chance that you will provoke a fight. And if you get beat up for being stupid you deserve it. Heck go to a sportsbar today and see what happens if you act like that and then come back and tell me if people "just hold that".

Pop off is one thing... a mental episode is something else.

What Buffalo did was good. Think about it, emotions are high, he just beat Scar after Scar was on twitter talking smack, and Buffalo popped off. Who cares. This is not the first time we have seen pop offs. Let the man get hype.
Popping off is fine. You want to jump, dance around the stage, yell, do the worm. Go right ahead. Stay out of peoples personal space, period. There's being hype and excited and there's being a jackass. If you're okay with these shenanigans you're probably okay with Skar punching him for spitting in his face (Because hurdurr hype!). Neither is okay, Skars composure should be commended.

Matix218

Get over here!
I don't think you realize how insane your suggestion is. You're literally asking players not to say someone beat someone because it was a FT2 (which is like the mildest form of shit talk I can think of) otherwise they have to accept someone getting into their face and yelling obscenities extremely aggressively. Have you actually interacted with a human being in real life before? Because that's not how it works.
Coolwhip look at his username. Why are you wasting your breath?

MKF30

Thing is that i'm realizing for those who have an issue with the pop off here, what about when someone wins and they dance, rave and do other over the top shit? That's ok? I remember certain players well known and others doing this at times in the past and nobody has issues with it? It's disrespectful to your opponent, showboating. Just curious because for those who have issues with a retaliation pop off, you better feel the same way about overdoing it when you win a tournament too. Just saying. The personal space thing, honestly unless the person spits, hits you it's technically not an issue. You can get in someone's face or close without breaking the law. If you don't want that, then keep your mouth shut. As long as nobody physically touches the other person, shouldn't be a problem. I don't believe in the taking someone outside for that IF you're trying to make a point. One guy talked shit on the internet where thousands can see him mock someone, so I see no issue in the other guy doing the same in front of hundreds watching live. I don't approve of either behavior but some people in this world, you just don't provoke. Period.

Matix218

Get over here!
Buffalo was "in a confrontation" and alot of people where saying he should've "weigh all [his] options" so why is if bad for me to say scar could've left?
(Even scar said he wasnt going to punch someone over a video game, because he didnt want to lose sponsors/ other opportunities- so he did in fact weigh his options during the ordeal)
Or maybe he didnt want to punch someone over a videogame because that is just a dumb and unnecessary thing to do as a reasonable human being?