What's new

PND Ketchups Lobo buff suggestions: Reasonable

His wake up are lacking a bit. If you are getting pressured really bad, go with df1. That's what I do and it is fast enough to back people off most of the time. If they start to respect it or are further back, db3 and bf3 are good to catch them, get pressure going, and keep them guessing. He needs the armor extension on MB bf3 to have a solid wakeup though. Right now he's lacking.
Thanks. So the shoty to the body on wake up when pressured. Will do.

So unfortunately he is lacking wake up. I hope this gets addressed in the next patch.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Played a bit and here are my suggestions:

DF1 hits mid
Df1B hits overhead
DF1D hits low

Each variation is -3

B2U1 is faster universally.

B12 made more suitable for combos.

You can load more than one trait shot if you like. Its your loss, but you can get rewarded for it.

Changes I suggest are more about lobo, once hes in. I don't think lobo should have an easy time getting in. I think that should be his weakness. Right now, he can't get in and he can't do anything when in. That kinda sucks.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

DF1 hits mid
Df1B hits overhead
DF1D hits low

Each variation is -3

You can load more than one trait shot if you like. Its your loss, but you can get rewarded for it.

Changes I suggest are more about lobo, once hes in. I don't think lobo should have an easy time getting in. I think that should be his weakness. Right now, he can't get in and he can't do anything when in. That kinda sucks.

I like these, but I think there needs to be instant armor on the MB charge as well. That goes against your statement about it being hard to get in, but it is at the cost of a bar which I think is fair. As of right now, he is notoriously unsafe on wakeups and can't even make it to midscreen against some zoner matchups, so while I like that you are thinking of ways to keep him balanced/give him a weakness, I think making it moderately difficult/costly (MB) to get in rather than almost impossible is the way to go.

Idk if this has been posted yet, but If you do b2u1 then b1,2 bf3 you dont need to EX the chain to get this situation to occur (tested on batman). Im sure there are more ways to land this that end up being meterless, so everyone should do some exploring.

If your opponent learns how to block the ambiguous setup, start going right into command throw. This setup is amazing. GL level ambiguity but with way more damage potential!

Also, a bit of anti-doomsday tech, if he does his doomsday unblockable drop, do b3 MB then dash once and as he flies over you do b1,2 bf3 and punish the crap out of doomy with this super ambiguous mixup.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Idk if this has been posted yet, but If you do b2u1 then b1,2 bf3 you dont need to EX the chain to get this situation to occur (tested on batman). Im sure there are more ways to land this that end up being meterless, so everyone should do some exploring.

If your opponent learns how to block the ambiguous setup, start going right into command throw. This setup is amazing. GL level ambiguity but with way more damage potential!
Good stuff on the b2u1 then b12~charge. You just have to time the b12~charge correctly while they are falling.

Also, a bit of anti-doomsday tech, if he does his doomsday unblockable drop, do b3 MB then dash once and as he flies over you do b1,2 bf3 and punish the crap out of doomy with this super ambiguous mixup.
A good meterless punish is 1 dash forward and time a reverse toss for a good 38/39%.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

DF1 hits mid
Df1B hits overhead
DF1D hits low

Each variation is -3

I really don't think B1,2 should be a better launcher. for the frame advantage it has, I think making it a more reasonable launcher would be too much.

PND_Ketchup

Well, its no pre patch GA B23 at least.
My point is on block it's a really good string, not to mention that on block, the fact you're guaranteed a D1 if your timing is correct means you can hit a blocked B1,2 and then tick throw the command grab from his d1 on block afterwards.

It's a really great strings on block, I just personally feel it being a better launcher would be too much. I do agree with some of your other suggestions though.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
My point is on block it's a really good string, not to mention that on block, the fact you're guaranteed a D1 if your timing is correct means you can hit a blocked B1,2 and then tick throw the command grab from his d1 on block afterwards.

It's a really great strings on block, I just personally feel it being a better launcher would be too much. I do agree with some of your other suggestions though.

Yeah I always forget about block advantage considerations... alright, improving the launch would be a little too OP. To compensate, I think the low nuke shot should be a better launcher though. The fact that you can only get a b1 or d1 after it is kinda terrible considering it's a traited shot...should at least be able to get a 1 2 or something to lead into the grab in my opinion- would bring his BnB's up to about 42-43%, which I think is reasonable.

Apparently i posted this in the wrong thread. In related news, i hate Tapatalk lol.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
why do u guys think lobo needs buffs? hes the 2nd newest char and still needs time to be explored. just wait until good players pick him up and go to tourneys. u guys will see lobos true potential and that hes very good
Have you not seen how good batgirl is out the gate? So many viable options so many ways to get in for free extremely good neutral fresh out the gate bruh... Lobo lobo needs some clean buffs... I only seen one good lobo in a tourney and he lost to random zoning.... Idk why nrs continues to make characters with lil to no zoning have not one good option vs keep away..

But seriously batgirl got everything while lobo lil to nothing... You will see her more than lobo at tourneys
Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I really don't think B1,2 should be a better launcher. for the frame advantage it has, I think making it a more reasonable launcher would be too much.
Even though batgirls b1,2 is a low mid launcher that leads to decent damage and its meaty on wake up? You kidding me right... It would not be op considering the stuff that others have to get in for free lol

PND_Ketchup

Even though batgirls b1,2 is a low mid launcher that leads to decent damage and its meaty on wake up? You kidding me right... It would not be op considering the stuff that others have to get in for free lol

It would be OP like other OP strings in the game. lets not kid ourselves before saying whether he needs it or not.

Not saying I don't want it, if it was made a better launcher I wouldn't complain, but I'd rather have a faster B2.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I think giving him armor on startup of mb charge would be cool if it just retained the 1 hit of armor. I also think the hurt box of the 1 in his 21 string should actually match the animation.

I think the b12 combo will get easier over time. He still has b121+3 and b12~mb charge. And I think the startup on his b2 is fine. It's part of his mind game and is really only viable off of his setups which I'm cool with. But I wouldn't complain if they changed it =p

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
It would be OP like other OP strings in the game. lets not kid ourselves before saying whether he needs it or not.

Not saying I don't want it, if it was made a better launcher I wouldn't complain, but I'd rather have a faster B2.

well in day 2 of my grind I found something stupid for lobo... his 2,1 string from mid screen can be used as a tick throw... I dont know if someone has found this yet but if the 1 part of his 2,1 connect and if they are blocking its a free command grab everytime only thing that sucks about this string is if the 1 part of 2,1 hits the command grab will whiff (he cant catch no breaks lol) however its a meaty on peoples wake up that wont get you bopped by a fast wake up due to the hitbox plus you could switch his command grab for his d,b2 or 3 ... if they are back dashing the setup or jumping the set up you can b,f3 and the chain will anti air

not much but Im working with him hard because I love grapplers

PND_Ketchup

well in day 2 of my grind I found something stupid for lobo... his 2,1 string from mid screen can be used as a tick throw... I dont know if someone has found this yet but if the 1 part of his 2,1 connect and if they are blocking its a free command grab everytime only thing that sucks about this string is if the 1 part of 2,1 hits the command grab will whiff (he cant catch no breaks lol) however its a meaty on peoples wake up that wont get you bopped by a fast wake up due to the hitbox plus you could switch his command grab for his d,b2 or 3 ... if they are back dashing the setup or jumping the set up you can b,f3 and the chain will anti air

not much but Im working with him hard because I love grapplers
Yeah the 2,1 is a really good string.

He has a few tick throws, the issue is that his most common ones are kinda hard to land, as from a jump in things like 1.2 will wiff from the jump pushback.

BGMD

Noob
Have you not seen how good batgirl is out the gate? So many viable options so many ways to get in for free extremely good neutral fresh out the gate bruh... Lobo lobo needs some clean buffs... I only seen one good lobo in a tourney and he lost to random zoning.... Idk why nrs continues to make characters with lil to no zoning have not one good option vs keep away..

But seriously batgirl got everything while lobo lil to nothing... You will see her more than lobo at tourneys
I pretty much agree with all of this.

I seriously believe Batgirl and Lobo are poorly realized characters, both on a different ends of the stick and in Batgirl's case she isn't even tested properly prior to release. A lot of stuff about these DLC's reeks of sloppy, rushed and I really expected more from NRS for $5 a character. I'm afraid of what's to come next.

Now Lobo. I'm no top player so take all of this with big grain of salt, just throwing some general thoughts; I'd like to be proven wrong.
There is so many ways for your opponent to escape pretty much everything you do, and even blow you up for it with a simple forward jump. Once everyone gets comfortable with this, I feel there will be no real conditioning, but a lot of guess work.

Hard work for getting in is kinda his charm and I'm fine now for overcoming zoning, but giving him at least one or two more respectable option to scare you shitless when he's in isn't that unreasonable, that is how Lobo should roll.

Occasionally I use b12 MB cancel combo when I can for some reliable damage (42-47%) and for some more respect (meter comes and goes anyway), but having a easier meterless b12 link (especially with that slow ass overhead) would be really nice since I don't see a reason why shoud Lobo players be hindered with so tight execution windows.

I also think his damage output isn't really a big factor in this because there is a lot of characters in this game that get around same or even more amount of damage with 1 meter for a considerably less amount of work or just a simple whiff punish. If chars like Batgirl and Killer Frost can have ridiculous amount of bullshit in a game full of it, why not ask at least some more for Lobo?

And late armor on hook charge seems like a really bad joke.
Regardless, I find Lobo most fun to play as so far and I'm sticking with him no matter what.

Ansumana

Noob
+1 to the suggestion for 1 hit of armor on bf3 MB. Seems like the quickest/simplest way to keep him competitive vs. his worst matchups.

As a new suggestion, was thinking that his trait Nuclear Shell could use a few seconds of a follow-up defense debuff effect (call it Fallout). Gives a little more incentive to risk the reload and more varied offense: set-up df1d shenanigans in the corner (more reason to push them into the corner), b3 after czar toss (personally don't find it currently worth it), Super would do a bit more damage after the shot.

If not this, then some form of adjustment to his trait seems like a good way to expand his gameplay options. The strictness on some of his execution windows has kind of become part of his charm, at least for me.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Replying to both guys above me, I agree with on said buffs for lobo I guess because im on my 2nd day of maining him...

I think his match ups against x zoning character need improvement for sure even bane doesnt have to take projectile spam from full screen and he is considered 2nd worst in the game

But lobos 50/50 oki is 2nd to none with no little risk taken and I think thats why they gave him little options in respected match ups..hell if you get a hard knockdown from b,f3 you can do 3 things inwhich 2 can make someone not wake up pushing buttons, backdashing, or jumping.. B,f3 on someones wake up covers everyones wake up options and b,f3mb keeps lobo at frame advantage for a mixup.. Or you can d,b+3 which is meaty and that will keep them close and after they respect your 1st 2 option you get a free command grab

With that said I hope his future buff helps him in anti zoning department

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah the 2,1 is a really good string.

He has a few tick throws, the issue is that his most common ones are kinda hard to land, as from a jump in things like 1.2 will wiff from the jump pushback.
If you use j2 they whiff. If you use j1, 12 pretty much always connects. The 2 in 12 will whiff sometimes but only if j1 connects at very max distance.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Ok im getting the hang of lobo now... Im still terrible with him

I was playing a batman and noticed that his neutral 3 is an amazing anti air with a large hit box.. It doesnt stop crossups but whatever lol..

But back to his buffs I think the best buff outside of b,f3 armor activating earlier would be making his hitbox on his j.d3 larger and have as much priority as doomsday/banes splash j.d3.. That would help his hardknockdown oki game a lot

Btw my record using lobo is 17-68 lol thats terrible right?

Ironically my record with green lantern is 42-11 and I dont even like that character or trained as much as I did with lobo .. Shows you how braindead GL can be..

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok im getting the hang of lobo now... Im still terrible with him

I was playing a batman and noticed that his neutral 3 is an amazing anti air with a large hit box.. It doesnt stop crossups but whatever lol..

But back to his buffs I think the best buff outside of b,f3 armor activating earlier would be making his hitbox on his j.d3 larger and have as much priority as doomsday/banes splash j.d3.. That would help his hardknockdown oki game a lot

Btw my record using lobo is 17-68 lol thats terrible right?

Ironically my record with green lantern is 42-11 and I dont even like that character or trained as much as I did with lobo .. Shows you how braindead GL can be..

Yeah it sucks losing to brain dead characters who have universal/multiple options to cover most situations. Feels good when you blow them up though =p