What's new

PND Ketchups Lobo buff suggestions: Reasonable

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
lol I still haven't had any special problems with zoners using Lobo compared to other characters. Try HG against Sinestro or DS before complaining about a character with an amazing dash, solid AAs + A2As (HG only has the former), decent pokes and a long range command grab.

I don't really bother with string into throw stuff beyond blocked 21 on occasion, and even that one I don't like since I use the 21/2 x low shot mixup a lot which increases the chance of the 1 randomly hitting and making the command grab whiff. I'll go for it directly after jump-ins if I know they'll respect me. I don't find establishing respect with Lobo up close difficult except against NW, Grundy and Superman (Who are all 3 easily the hardest matchups for me with Lobo).

I still maintain that all Lobo really needs is stackable trait (Even just two shots max), buffed properties on his df1 moves with trait on (Or at least higher launch on df1d so I don't have to be right up in their dick to get a real combo), and a real use for db2.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Agreed on the stackable trait. Also I could really go for some decent armor Bane and Grundy have shittons of armor while Lobo has it on like one move and the armor never comes out in time.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I don't think stackable trait would make much of a difference. He needs a solid wake up attack. He has not one.

TimTim

Don't Hate
My only problem, and please don't hate, is that toss is d b f 2 and is so easy to mess up. I can get a b12 when canceling from that string or db2.
It would be great if b12 was b13 and db2 was df2 or maybe dd2.
I know a lot of Lobo mains don't have much trouble with these things but I try to practice a lot of the cast and keep up to date with execution and lobo is a bitch to stay clean with even though I love him.

As for the stackable trait I like that. If they don't want him to quite have that why not just let us chose when to use trait by making us do an input with 4.
Like throw then 4.
Df 4 d
Even Df1 4 d.
I feel like getting rid of the throw game with a character just to preserve a mixup is a B.S. trade off.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
lol I still haven't had any special problems with zoners using Lobo compared to other characters. Try HG against Sinestro or DS before complaining about a character with an amazing dash, solid AAs + A2As (HG only has the former), decent pokes and a long range command grab.

I don't really bother with string into throw stuff beyond blocked 21 on occasion, and even that one I don't like since I use the 21/2 x low shot mixup a lot which increases the chance of the 1 randomly hitting and making the command grab whiff. I'll go for it directly after jump-ins if I know they'll respect me. I don't find establishing respect with Lobo up close difficult except against NW, Grundy and Superman (Who are all 3 easily the hardest matchups for me with Lobo).

I still maintain that all Lobo really needs is stackable trait (Even just two shots max), buffed properties on his df1 moves with trait on (Or at least higher launch on df1d so I don't have to be right up in their dick to get a real combo), and a real use for db2.

I don't think stackable trait would make much of a difference. He needs a solid wake up attack. He has not one.

I kinda like the stackable trait idea. Either that, or maybe some additional augmentation of the shotgun with trait up; ~3-5 extra damage ain't shit, something like a little more range on the shot with trait up or something would make it a bit more usable. I'm totally down with the other suggestion- he needs better priority in a bad way with trait up. In line with what I just said, more bounce time off the df1d would help him get into combos a bit easier in term of range and timing (cmon, d1/b1 into grab is TOUGH compared with most of the timing in this game), opening the door to a little more damage as well (instead of d1, could connect with 113 or 12). DB2 is also kinda terrible, but to be honest, I think he has enough tools at the mid range anyway, so I kinda feel like in to off chance that you wanna create a little space (maybe to bait something, idk) it is useful to have it the way it is. Pretty sure I am alone in this opinion, but there are alot of characters that have a weird move that don't necessarily fit, but have their purposes.

In terms of wake-ups, I agree. Lobo is a character that NEEDS a safe wake-up, but the best he has is the shotgun (df1), the notoriously unsafe charge (bf3), or an armored b3 or f3, none of which are great options. I think the best all around fix is adding armor to the beginning of the MB charge- it will help people that are having issues with zoning and make the charge safe as a wakeup for a little meter. That, or they just actually need to add some invulnerable frames to one of his wakeups. But then again, there are characters that don't have safe wakeups or even good options, so if he gets some of the other posed buffs, this maybe have to be one of his weaknesses. Gotta keep that balance, but probably shouldn't worry about that until AFTER Lobo get some kinda boost! =P

Might sound scrubby, but I think the execution demanded by some of his combos is a bit bizzare in a game where some characters can get similar damage off of combos you can do with your eyes closed.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Things that would be bullshit but very welcomed:

Just a few thoughts, nearly everyone else in this game has OP bullshit so why not Lobo? Here are a few things I think would improve Lobo's game but at the same time be utterly ridiculous.

Make Lobos Mid shotgun an overhead - The mid version of Lobo's shotgun does less damage, and has no real uses, if you're not going to shoot high, you may as well shoot low to force the opponent to block a certain way, making this an overhead while still doing less damage would enforce some kind of 50/50 threat and give that variation of the shotgun more use, on top of making his nuclear shell more dangerous because of it.

Also, Standing 3 corner 50/50's? Yes please!

Make MB Charge solidly + on block - In essence, making Lobo's MB Charge just like Doomsdays, it would heavily assist the fact Lobo really struggles to close in space when you're in 2,1 range, being able to 2,1 into MB Charge for free pressure would be awesome, and reminds me of a certain other dlc character. *cough* Scorpion *cough*. This would be heavily helped out if the armor on the move was fixed so it actually works properly. But who knows if that's ever going to happen, I'm just throwing it out there!

Make B1,2 more of a legit launcher - Being able to actually hit confirm B1,2 into a full combo without having to D1 MB Grab would be absolutely glorious, I know combos should never be something that should get tweaked, as things like B3 after a grab become easy to do with enough practice, but this is an exception, the fact this is ridiculously inconsistent, and the safer option is either to MB B3 for two bars, or hitconfirm into the 13 for rubbish damage, this is something I would welcome with open arms.

There's no doubt these two changes would be absolutely amazing, they're likely to never happen, but we can only hope they decide to turn the bullshit dial up with the next serious patch!

I'm pretty sure we all want Lobo to be tweaked here and there, but we'd be lying if we said we weren't hoping for some serious bullshit somewhere along the line, nearly everyone else has B.S, why not us?

I don't get enough ragemail when I play Lobo, somethings wrong here.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Please give him a wake up attack. He can not get off the ground in most situations. I have to hope they delay their stuff attempt to get them off me.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
What are the disadvantages of wake up with mid pump shot? Does it have any invulnerable frames on wake up? If it does and with the start up time it shows (6? not sure if that is correct, but it is pretty quick), wouldn't this make a viable wake up option, or am i missing something? Its fairly safe, pushes away and can be mb for an even safe option.

StevoSuprem0

It is a decent wakeup in terms of speed, but no invulnerability frames and easily countered with a ji# for a full combo punish, like just about everyone of his wakeup "options". So as of right now, if someone is putting alot of pressure on you, you pretty much have to guess correctly with a block to stand up, or maybe sneak in a db3 if you know they are going high. Otherwise, like Chaosphere said, you aren't getting up unless they mess up or you guess correctly (in which case you're still on the defensive unless they did something unsafe).

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I have started playing Lobo again. I find him much more fun and challenging to play than DD. I might main him tbh with you guys. The buffs i would recommend for him would be the following:

A) A solid wake up attack ( chain charge preferably).

B) More fluid command for the low shotgun. df1d is a bit fucked up to input during a block string and the reward is not so great.

C) Better hit box on his standing 1. You LITERALLY need to be in your opponents face to use it and even then it might whiff.

D) A bit faster ( 1 or 2 frames ) B3.

Thats all, what do you guys think ?

Overall, i believe Lobo is a very solid character, he is not forgiving (SSFIV AE E.Ryu style), but highly rewarding once you master him. With one or two tweeks he will be tourney viable for sure imo.

PND_Ketchup.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I have started playing Lobo again. I find him much more fun and challenging to play than DD. I might main him tbh with you guys. The buffs i would recommend for him would be the following:

A) A solid wake up attack ( chain charge preferably).

B) More fluid command for the low shotgun. df1d is a bit fucked up to input during a block string and the reward is not so great.

C) Better hit box on his standing 1. You LITERALLY need to be in your opponents face to use it and even then it might whiff.

D) A bit faster ( 1 or 2 frames ) B3.

Thats all, what do you guys think ?

Overall, i believe Lobo is a very solid character, he is not forgiving (SSFIV AE E.Ryu style), but highly rewarding once you master him. With one or two tweeks he will be tourney viable for sure imo.
I agree with all of this.

I'd would be fine if the only change was a solid wake up attack. I think I've said that already like 30 times though lol

StevoSuprem0

Indeed lol. I would add more bounce off a traited low shot, but otherwise that is a pretty solid list.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I think a unanimous agreement is that Lobo needs a decent wakeup attack, it would make so much sense, I don't see why it's so easy to rape him for free on wakeup.

Flagg

Noob
Hey guys, ordered Injustice on Amazon on Wednesday and wow, it arrived by Friday! I was at work at the time and really only got a chance to start messing around for an hour last night.

Bought Lobo straight away and started using him in the lab. I really like him and he seems to have quite a few launchers, is that normal for Injustice characters?

He doesn't have too many strings, which suits me for now as im just trying to get used to the mechanics of the game, just been watching Ketchups videos on this guy.

Everyone keeps saying this guy is bottom? Is that just community ignorance? Not sure I want to go Kano tier AGAIN! Thing is this guy seems heaps fun to use.

BGMD

Noob
Everyone keeps saying this guy is bottom? Is that just community ignorance? Not sure I want to go Kano tier AGAIN! Thing is this guy seems heaps fun to use.
A bit of both to be honest. Some design flaws are keeping him back (late armor activation on wakeup/ex charge, low trait shotgun bounce properties), comparing him to Kano is a bit ridiculous imo. Barely anyone actually plays him for real, but everyone is so quick to judge and say he's complete garbage. He have some really good stuff too.
I'm waiting to see some more tournament play, I'm sure dedicated players have something in work for him.

Unfavorable match-ups? Many characters have them, overall he can have the most but that doesn't mean he's completely unusable. I'd say right now he's somewhere in bottom 10, but in this game that isn't that much of a "death sentence" like in MK (partly due to universal bounces and interactables).

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Thank fuck im not the only person who noticed the 2,1 bullshit, thats not a buff it needs to be fixed

the only thing i add is why 11 "3" is not an overhead that looks like it should be an overhead, plus it will compensate for being able to be lbackdashed all day
(yes i know its 6 on block but so are many other OH)

and i think his MB hook charge should be fully invincible, call me greedy, but its the only tool he has to get in, and its not full screen and can be full combo punished on whiff so its not like you can abuse it

agree for stacking the shells, stack up to 3 only one shell can be used per combo to keep damage at point

Now if i was really greedy i would love if standing 3 can be a true block string into command grab, but that be just a bonus

the essential is the 2,1 string to be fixed

Lobo has potential of being high mid tier like Shazam, just needs tuning

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Please excuse jimzam he isn't a true Atlantian he's just an adopted goldfish hence the braindead responses

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Lobo obviously needs something. Not a single person at EVO had enough faith to take him to the main stage.

I will say this, Lobo has enough shannanigans to get away with winning against someone inexperienced in the MU. I'm starting to see where his limitations are.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Lobo obviously needs something. Not a single person at EVO had enough faith to take him to the main stage.

I will say this, Lobo has enough shannanigans to get away with winning against someone inexperienced in the MU. I'm starting to see where his limitations are.
I know right I even saw a Bane at EVO like seriously Scorpion and Batgirl too. I'm pretty sure we'd even have seen a Zod if he wasn't banned.