What's new

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale - Who's Playing?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kratos is apparently overpowered in both fighters he's been in lol. I like evil version of the infamous guy, played it this past weekend at friend's place. It's more or less Smash for PS, but fun I guess.

This game has areas of depth that smash doesn't have. For once items are actually viable/fair in a competitive setting. Lastly there is meter management. These 2 things are not present in a smash game. Smash (melee) does have higher execution and faster gameplay (rewards twitch reactions). Brawl on the other hand...I can't name a single thing that makes it "deeper" than sony allstars outside ledge grabbing.

edit
I lied. Smash also has a higher emphasis in positioning because the whole way to kill is to knock somebody off the stage.
The nice thing about this game compared to Smash is that the damage/gravity is static throughout the entire duration of the game. This allows for combo's and a more counter-oriented game.

With Smash Bros. the gravity is constantly changing as the opponent reaches a higher %, which means you are constantly attempting to trade individual attacks. I do like Smash Bros. edge guarding game however.

I think if people give this game an honest try, it is actually a lot deeper than what people might think. I have already found a few option-selects with Toro that I think are pretty effective (and some pretty cool combo's).

I am planning on using Toro as my 1v1 char for now and Sackboy as my 2v2 char. Sackboy's level 3 is too good to pass up in 2v2.

I would imagine that as the game progresses, there will be more of a conscious effort from players to drain/prevent meter gain from specific characters.

I believe I read somewhere that Raiden's down throw drains 30AP (most throws drain 10AP), while other characters get combo setups from throws (ie: PaRappa up throw). Players will become more conscious of these kinds of things.

Kratos is apparently overpowered in both fighters he's been in lol. I like evil version of the infamous guy, played it this past weekend at friend's place. It's more or less Smash for PS, but fun I guess.
I think Kratos is strong in Free For All and sort of 2v2 format because his attacks have such good range he is inherently slapping everyone and gaining shit tons of meter quickly.

As the game progresses, I think Kratos will fall lower in the tier list (especially in 1v1's) because most of his attacks can be blocked and punished. His supers can also be dodge-rolled.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
maaan, this fuckin game. doesn't recognize the l2/r2 from my ps360+. apparently this is a known issue. hope it gets sorted.

OH MY GOD those Toro combos are so awesome. Thanks a ton Morty.

I added my own twist. Just substituted a karate stance cancel at the end. 150 AP

Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, U.Circle xx N.Triangle, F. Triangle

There's gotta be a way to incorporate the ninja claw somehow... that will take a better man than me to find, though.

edit: Ninja Claw seems to put people at an optimum space to lvl 2 them.

OH MY GOD those Toro combos are so awesome. Thanks a ton Morty.

I added my own twist. Just substituted a karate stance cancel at the end. 150 AP

Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, U.Circle xx N.Triangle, F. Triangle

There's gotta be a way to incorporate the ninja claw somehow... that will take a better man than me to find, though.

edit: Ninja Claw seems to put people at an optimum space to lvl 2 them.
Nice man! I am trying to work on some more stuff with the Karate Suit and Ninja Suit, they have more combo potential then I originally thought.

After doing some of the Combo Trainer, Karate Toro has some nice cancels; I need to play the character more, I hope I find some more stuff.

Also, at the time I posted those combo's; I didn't realize that his air Triangle (air.2) was holdable/chargable. I've been doing the following reset with mixed success:

- Air.D2, Air.1 xx Air.D2, Air.1 xx Air.D2, Air.1 xx 2 (Hold/Release).

The Fireball (Dough Throw), acts as sort of a reset and you can get another Air.1 attempt into Dive-Kick.

Air.1 can be cancelled into Dive-Kick on hit (Air.1 xx Air.D2). On hit you can repeat the combo (3x dive kick rep into finisher).

On Block the Dive-Kick will not cancel, and you can option select a throw as you land or try to continue pressure.

He just has the most individual moves. Actually getting to do any of his combos is tricky as hell. Getting an opponent on the ground is going to be a big part of this game I think.
I just realized that any costume change can be cancelled into any Triangle attack for Toro.

This is actually really useful because you cancel attacks quicker and continue some combos further.

His charged dough (Fireball) in Afro form is really good. If you charge it half-way, it leaves the opponent in a stagger animation and you can continue a combo from it. Here is how I see it:

- Level 1 (Uncharged): Little Damage, leaves opponent standing (10AP Gain)
- Level 2 (Half-Charge): Higher Damage, Stagger animation (comboable) (20AP Gain)
- Level 3 (Full-Charged): Full Damage, Opponent knocked away (30AP Gain)

If you cancel into a half charged shot from the air, there is enough time to link an Air.1 that can be followed into the dive kick combo variants.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Kratos is strong in Free For All and sort of 2v2 format because his attacks have such good range he is inherently slapping everyone and gaining shit tons of meter quickly.

As the game progresses, I think Kratos will fall lower in the tier list (especially in 1v1's) because most of his attacks can be blocked and punished. His supers can also be dodge-rolled.
Yeah, we were playing offline free for all and my one friend was getting pissed lol saying Kratos is broken haha. But then he says the same about MK, SF and fighters in general with characters he has trouble with. It took me a while to get someone I felt comfortable with. I kind of like what they did with the supers, like they combined current fighters with meter with Smash's smash ball in a way. What seems really good about Kratos is he can fight from anywhere up close or range. Me, I like to zone in every fighter so I like Evil Cole. His explosives remind me of Stryker/fireballs with distant attacks, and I love his Raiden Superman/Cinder like move.

I kind of like Jak too, but it seems to take forever to gain meter with him or perhaps I just need to practice with him. IDK

His AP gain was a bit out of control. I can understand that they might have balanced it around godlike players who could dodge all the spam, but I'm not sure that kind of balance fits this type of game.

Something to note is that they are probably getting first party support on the patches, which means no excessive waiting periods or costs with submitting patches to be released. So basically anything done now can be undone later without a 40,000 dollar price-tag discouraging them from it.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
His AP gain was a bit out of control. I can understand that they might have balanced it around godlike players who could dodge all the spam, but I'm not sure that kind of balance fits this type of game.

Something to note is that they are probably getting first party support on the patches, which means no excessive waiting periods or costs with submitting patches to be released. So basically anything done now can be undone later without a 40,000 dollar price-tag discouraging them from it.
That was my only fear. I didnt want the game to end up like MK9. The game has only been out for what almost two weeks. I still think they should have let it breathe a little before hitting chars with the nerf bat. But for some reason I feel a little at ease tho know that Seth is on the team. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to balancing

Justice

Noob
At first I was pissed about the Sackboy nerfs, but upon reflection, I do agree with the Jam nerf since it stays on the screen and can bounce almost anywhere if aimed right. The others are BS tho. I agree they should have waited to start waving the patch wand around to see what we think of the game as is first.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Are people still playing this? lol
I picked up the game like 2 days ago and man its crazy fun.
Maining Sir Dan
Meant to be the joke character apparently but doesn't seem too bad.

PSN is Gilbagz94 so add me for games
Playing on Vita though
Might get it on ps3 later

Btw from Australia but got the US version of the game.
Got no clue how the net code is.
Played a match today and couldnt feel any lag.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I officially have my copy of this game! :D

As soon as I get home either tonight or tomorrow, I'm popping it in. Expect me to specialize in Raiden and Heihachi Mishima.

MortySeinfeld
YESSSS!!! hopefully you will like it. Raiden is viewed as S tier right now, im not sure if stuff like that will bother you. But either way glad to see more people geting on board. Come face my drake and nariko when you ready hehe. Time for me to get even on the abuse you put my stryker through :p