What's new

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale - Who's Playing?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I'm playing it a bit too well, at the moment. In need of competition.
PSN ID is playakid700 - it's a long, sad story.
It ends with me deciding to not change PSN accounts, because my trophy level was too high.
Though it is the ultimate anonymity creator.
playakid700.

It ends with me deciding to not change PSN accounts, because my trophy level was too high.
playakid700.
Same story here, my brother made this PSN account several years ago when he was sponsored (OSA - One Step Above) by a company here in AZ for Skateboarding.

Apparently using multiple accounts on your Vita is frowned upon.

I am currently installing the game and getting my download code for Vita, i'll add you soon and we can play some matches.

I played the beta a little bit, but I want to hit training mode with a few chars.

I am thinking i'm going to play:

- Spike
- Ratchet & Clank

KIllaByte

Same story here, my brother made this PSN account several years ago when he was sponsored (OSA - One Step Above) by a company here in AZ for Skateboarding.

Apparently using multiple accounts on your Vita is frowned upon.

I am currently installing the game and getting my download code for Vita, i'll add you soon and we can play some matches.

I played the beta a little bit, but I want to hit training mode with a few chars.

I am thinking i'm going to play:

- Spike
- Ratchet & Clank
Wonderful-- I know absolute zero about either of those characters gameplay-wise at the moment, so I anticipate being forcibly taught during our competition. I'm extracting as much information as possible about as much as I can for a tutorial series on youtube, that I am attempting, despite the fact that school is a Kunt, and the internet is a "distraction" despite the fact that it is also life itself.
I said a bit too much there. I probably should have concluded with a "Indeed, we shall play."
And then listed my current characters, and characters I know a bit about.
Primary: Raiden (MGS4)
Secondary: Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal
Kind of know: Sly Cooper, Big Daddy, Almost Sir Daniel.
Good luck.
Game has a very nice tutorial system, and practice mode. Use ALL of it.

I had to backup/restore my Vita in order to get the digital download working, add the following account to friends (not osaskater):

Username: Sao_87

Geoduck

Halfasser
My brother just recently got a Ps3 and a copy of PASBR, problem is, he's over in New York, I'm in Long Beach, Ca. I'll post my GT when he comes back tho, fosho. My main and secondary will most likely be Big Daddy( because Bioshock is the shit) and Mr Fortesque.

KIllaByte

I'm thinking about it. Very heavily thinking about it.
The thought of putting Kratos, Cole McGrath, Ratchet/Clank and Sweet Tooth into form together is sooooo tempting...
Sweet Tooth has a conversation with Kratos.
Kratos has a conversation with Sweet Tooth.
You decide who is superior. (Or, play both storylines.)
Sold?

After playing training mode a bit more, I think i'm going to invest some time into Nariko (Heavenly Sword).

She seems to have a lot of depth and is very combo heavy.

I tried Spike (Ape Escape), I couldn't really find too much.

He has a few combo setups from his sweep and Electric Stun shot. I feel like he's very straight forward.

He has a boomerang and teleport though which could be good in a few setups after a combo ender.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
PoliceBrutality is avidly playing All Stars as well.
Oh hell yeah im gonna invest quite a bit of time in this. My fingers literally from practicing dante's cancel combos. I think im gonna have to let him go. So im still dead lock on Raiden and currently working on Nariko. She might become my main because of all the mind games behind her attacks and combos. Gotta love a char with shenanigans lol

Im gonna leave you guys with this to see what im talking about. Oh and her meter building is ridiculous...i think im in love with her already lol

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
playakid700.
That raiden of your is damn annoying for sure :p

Here's what i've found with Nariko:

- Air D.Square > U.Triangle > Air U.Triangle > Air Circle > Square, Square, Square (or U.Square)
- Circle > U.Triangle > Air U.Triangle > Air Circle > Square, Square, Square

I like that she has stance cancels on block from her normal chain attacks:

- Square, Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- U.Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- Side.Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- D.Square (Enters Stance)

From her stance, she can cancel into any of the following options:

- Square, Square, Square (New attack chains, Up/Side variations)
- Jump Cancel (Into Air Normals)
- Dodge Roll
- Counter/Parry
- Grab (Circle, Not True Grab (Can be blocked) but sets up combo series)

I am starting to mess around with Ratchet and am liking him quite a bit as well.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Here's what i've found with Nariko:

- Air D.Square > U.Triangle > Air U.Triangle > Air Circle > Square, Square, Square (or U.Square)
- Circle > U.Triangle > Air U.Triangle > Air Circle > Square, Square, Square

I like that she has stance cancels on block from her normal chain attacks:

- Square, Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- U.Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- Side.Square, Square (Enters Stance)
- D.Square (Enters Stance)

From her stance, she can cancel into any of the following options:

- Square, Square, Square (New attack chains, Up/Side variations)
- Jump Cancel (Into Air Normals)
- Dodge Roll
- Counter/Parry
- Grab (Circle, Not True Grab (Can be blocked) but sets up combo series)

I am starting to mess around with Ratchet and am liking him quite a bit as well.
What do you mean by Enter Stance?

Im picking up this game for the simple fact that its gonna be at mlg, since there is money involved why not pick it up just incase i attend another mlg in the future, me n showtime will be on it
This was part of the reason I am picking it up.

My thought is that, the following games will be at MLG and I might as well be competing in most of them:

- MK9
- Playstation AllStars: Battle Royale
- Injustice: Gods Among Us

I am sure this game has a higher learning curve than I am giving it credit for right now, but I was good at Smash Bros. and seem to be picking this game up pretty quickly.

The training mode is actually really well done.

Ideally what I would like to do at a local level, is run tournaments here in AZ for Mortal Kombat and Playstation AllStars (on the same day) to potentially blend communities or make our scene stronger in both games for when MLG gets announced.

When Injustice comes out I would like to run local tournaments for all (3) games and build a local scene around that in the near future.

Aside from that, this game actually is a lot of fun right now. I hope to see you and Showtime on it, I think you're both very skilled players and exciting to watch; It would be nice to have more people from the MK community doing well in other games as well.