What's new

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale - Who's Playing?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
For the record: You all probably will need to find a different partner for said 2v2-
For I, like all unfortunate souls, must attend school.
("Holy fuck, he just said school is for the unfortunate! What a spoiled Cuntfuck!")
And after school Sport practice: (Squash) (It's Fucking Legitimate, mayne)
And, also like most, I must pretend to care about homework, and occasionally pretend to attempt complete homework. (Possibly completing some along the way.)
Tomorrow my contribution to the All Stars community will come in the form of attempting to edit an @UnderTheyMayo inspired "Math of Playstation All Stars" video.
Enjoy your 2v2s, and farewell.
Oh wow there goes my chance of winning against MortySeinfeld :(. BTW Do what you gotta do mate, you know damn well it's gonna pay off once you are done with it hehe.

In other news I think I found a 150 AP gain with Nariko (probably been posted by Morty)

D square, circle (grab) cancel into Up triangle (launcher), Jump Up Triangle, Circle (air grab), 3x square. (guaranteed level 1)

I bought this as a party game to play with my non-fgc friends.

Played a shit ton in the past weekend and here are my thoughts.

- Better party game than brawl/melee by far. Its more balanced, less random (items/stages) and because supers are the only way to kill it allows really funny situations to happen very often.

- 1v1 can't be stock. Takes way to long if you choose certain characters that have bad level 1's for 1v1.

- Zoning is a viable playstyle, something that is non-existant in smash.

- Supers are satisfying to hit and dodge. When you dodge that super, you feel great because you not only didn't die but you got them to waste meter for nothing. Likewise using a super to kill somebody using a super is also amazing.

- Characters are very diverse. Even the 2 coles are pretty different. Its not even like Ryu/Ken close. If anything its more like Ryu and Sakura close.

- Items are balanced minus the ap-stealing leech beam item imo.

- Wish there were like 4-6 more characters but with free dlc coming up I guess 20 launch is fine.

- Wished there was an easier way to see some characters. On certain levels (Loco Roco), finding your character can be "difficult" in ffa 4players.

- Kratos is very strong. Wished his forward-square didn't have homing properties otherwise he would be fair.

- If I had to say who is top in this game it would be Kratos, Raiden, and sly for now. All of them are very strong. have viable lvl 1-3 supers and most importantly have viable setups for level 1 supers.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I bought this as a party game to play with my non-fgc friends.

Played a shit ton in the past weekend and here are my thoughts.

- Better party game than brawl/melee by far. Its more balanced, less random (items/stages) and because supers are the only way to kill it allows really funny situations to happen very often.

- 1v1 can't be stock. Takes way to long if you choose certain characters that have bad level 1's for 1v1.

- Zoning is a viable playstyle, something that is non-existant in smash.

- Supers are satisfying to hit and dodge. When you dodge that super, you feel great because you not only didn't die but you got them to waste meter for nothing. Likewise using a super to kill somebody using a super is also amazing.

- Characters are very diverse. Even the 2 coles are pretty different. Its not even like Ryu/Ken close. If anything its more like Ryu and Sakura close.

- Items are balanced minus the ap-stealing leech beam item imo.

- Wish there were like 4-6 more characters but with free dlc coming up I guess 20 launch is fine.

- Wished there was an easier way to see some characters. On certain levels (Loco Roco), finding your character can be "difficult" in ffa 4players.

- Kratos is very strong. Wished his forward-square didn't have homing properties otherwise he would be fair.

- If I had to say who is top in this game it would be Kratos, Raiden, and sly for now. All of them are very strong. have viable lvl 1-3 supers and most importantly have viable setups for level 1 supers.
Agree with all but two statements: 1: PS All Stars gameplay is better than Brawl, but not Melee: Not high level Melee anyway. I understand Raiden and Kratos being near the top of your list, but why Sly? He has his insta-combo parry (Which Parries both projectiles and physical strikes), Explosive Barrel, and Landmine. Is that enough to make him near top tier? His level one is great in Free For All, on semi-distracted opponents, but in 1v1, it can be dodged on reaction and prediction, and needs to be combo'd into from his parry. His level3 is great, when learned how to use to maximize beneficence. Should be able to KO all players twice. Level 2 is nice as well, two to three kills, guaranteed, unless in a 1v1. It's a stage clearer.
His supers are great, but how can he quickly build such meter to use such supers? There's more than the basic Parry BnBs and occasional Barrel or Landmine, right?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Agree with all but two statements: 1: PS All Stars gameplay is better than Brawl, but not Melee: Not high level Melee anyway. I understand Raiden and Kratos being near the top of your list, but why Sly? He has his insta-combo parry (Which Parries both projectiles and physical strikes), Explosive Barrel, and Landmine. Is that enough to make him near top tier? His level one is great in Free For All, on semi-distracted opponents, but in 1v1, it can be dodged on reaction and prediction, and needs to be combo'd into from his parry. His level3 is great, when learned how to use to maximize beneficence. Should be able to KO all players twice. Level 2 is nice as well, two to three kills, guaranteed, unless in a 1v1. It's a stage clearer.
His supers are great, but how can he quickly build such meter to use such supers? There's more than the basic Parry BnBs and occasional Barrel or Landmine, right?
Dude sounds like you have not run into a high level Sly yet. I think his forward triangle alone land him 30ap. In my experience high level sly are constantly on the move simply because he is the only char in the game that can't block but turn invisible instead. He he hits you while invisible especially from the back you loose ap. Well I use to play as radec so most of sly moves have priority over his.

I honestly don't know how he would do in a 1v1 but one thing for sure him and sackboy are up way up there when it comes to being annoying in FFA. I know kratos forward square gives him problem then again he has that godlike parry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You're talking a character that has solid supers, can go invisible indefinitely, a telephoner that goes behind the opponent and can use specials while invisible. His kit alone makes him a nightmare to fight against most of the cast. Think about it. The setups are stupid.

Melee might be a better competitive fighter but it is not a better party game. Some characters are just so garbage even in FFA in melee while some are just so dominant that it makes the game very unfun. Also choosing like 3 stages and zero items vs all stages and all items make a better party experience.

Dude sounds like you have not run into a high level Sly yet. I think his forward triangle alone land him 30ap. In my experience high level sly are constantly on the move simply because he is the only char in the game that can't block but turn invisible instead. He he hits you while invisible especially from the back you loose ap. Well I use to play as radec so most of sly moves have priority over his.

I honestly don't know how he would do in a 1v1 but one thing for sure him and sackboy are up way up there when it comes to being annoying in FFA. I know kratos forward square gives him problem then again he has that godlike parry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I think Sly's problem is also inherently going to be that he can't block (goes invisible instead). Characters with homing grabs will have a field day on him (ie: Kratos F1)

I think Sly's problem is also inherently going to be that he can't block (goes invisible instead). Characters with homing grabs will have a field day on him (ie: Kratos F1)
While true to some extent, he does have a TP and airdodge to counter that option. Sly "may" lose to Kratos (to early to tell) but its clear he dominates multiple other characters on skillset alone. Some characters do not have an answer to the TP + invisibility.

Luckily this game is so open that tier placement should matter a lot less. I can see this game having tiers similar to Tekken or Marvel where a lot of characters are viable despite having obvious top tiers.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i wonder if theres gonna be a site like tym dedicated to this game with frame data an junk xD

Hey everyone in this thread, i love this game to, but your up playing this game too much
No one in their right mind would believe this is a "deeper" game then smash, that's just a complete lie and a disgusting one at that. Say what ever bs you want, but leave smash out of it. So what if they are both platform fighters, whitch is an entire genre being disregarded. any fool that has played both can tell its like comparing chess with mouse trap. But I digress, this game is fucking awesome.

Also where are all these high level kratos players? Every time I've ever seen one they get themselves 0 - 3 then send me salty messages. That homing attack is punishable and super unsafe on whiff. If you have a decent kratos or raiden I would like to see what makes them so good ;) yes it's a challenge

Hey everyone in this thread, i love this game to, but your up playing this game too much
No one in their right mind would believe this is a "deeper" game then smash, that's just a complete lie and a disgusting one at that. Say what ever bs you want, but leave smash out of it. So what if they are both platform fighters, whitch is an entire genre being disregarded. any fool that has played both can tell its like comparing chess with mouse trap. But I digress, this game is fucking awesome.

Also where are all these high level kratos players? Every time I've ever seen one they get themselves 0 - 3 then send me salty messages. That homing attack is punishable and super unsafe on whiff. If you have a decent kratos or raiden I would like to see what makes them so good ;) yes it's a challenge
I have a decent Toro, and i'm down to play some games :D

Geoduck

Halfasser
So what do you guys think about Big Daddy so far? Is he one of those big bruiser, rushdown characters who have armor on certain moves and gains ap from just a couple of hits because he has little to no combo potential? I'm just guessing, really. From I can see, he seems pretty mobile to get past zoning but he also seems very laggy and easily punishable on his charging moves.

So what do you guys think about Big Daddy so far? Is he one of those big bruiser, rushdown characters who have armor on certain moves and gains ap from just a couple of hits because he has little to no combo potential? I'm just guessing, really. From I can see, he seems pretty mobile to get past zoning but he also seems very laggy and easily punishable on his charging moves.
I think Big Daddy is good because he seems to have armor (higher priority) on some of his moves which makes up for his slowness. He is more of a defensive trap character with the stuff he can lay on the screen. I think he is more of a 2v2 char than a 1v1 char (But I could be wrong).

I also think, because of his big hitbox some chars can have a combo field day on him. I always look forward to playing against one as Toro with my Afro-Toro dive kick shenanigans.

This game has areas of depth that smash doesn't have. For once items are actually viable/fair in a competitive setting. Lastly there is meter management. These 2 things are not present in a smash game. Smash (melee) does have higher execution and faster gameplay (rewards twitch reactions). Brawl on the other hand...I can't name a single thing that makes it "deeper" than sony allstars outside ledge grabbing.

edit
I lied. Smash also has a higher emphasis in positioning because the whole way to kill is to knock somebody off the stage.