What's new

Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale - Who's Playing?

ill play this game on one condition and one condition alone.

is sir daniel fortesque fun to play?
Actually yes, I thought he was going to be slow but he has good range on his attacks and combo's.

He can combo from his sweep into an attack chain launcher, Air Stun Arrow, Air Slam.

His Air Forward Square has really good range and priority and sets up a combo because it recovers quickly if you do it low to the ground.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Sr. Daniel is the slowest character in the entire game but once he has his shield out he can be a pain in the ass. oh and did i mentioned that he builds meterthe fastest and has a godlike level 2...yup that's him
His level one is quite god-like as well. Fastest level one of the cast, instant anti-air, can be combo'd into for guaranteed kill.

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
add me, PSN:finalninja0 I have it and play it a lot. I use Sackboy and big daddy

So there are actual combos in this game? After the beta all I was able to do was single attacks that would knock my enemy super far

I actually think there are going to be option selects in this game...

Any air special that can be cancelled on hit, will not cancel on block. I think Toro is going to be one of the strongest chars in the game because of this. I might be speaking too early though, we'll see.

So there are actual combos in this game? After the beta all I was able to do was single attacks that would knock my enemy super far
Yeah, I would say the most combo'able char in Beta was PaRappa.

For example:

- Square, Square, Square (standard chain)
- Square, D.Square (Cancel Here), U.Square (Launcher), Air.Square (Kicks down to ground)

Some Strings/Attacks can be cancelled, you just have to find out what they are. Some chars have grounded attacks that can be cancelled (ie: PaRappa), some have Air attacks that can be cancelled (Sackboy).

Heihachi has dashing feints with Electric Wind God Fist or Lightning Roundhouse Kicks into Launcher.

CYracks

Command Grabber
I asked STORMS if he could add Playstation All-stars Battle Royale in the sub forum. (Crossing my fingers)

KIllaByte

Hell yeah man GGs. Looking forward for a 2v2 session as well. KIllaByte man i gotta come up with some new tech for that sweet tooth of yours hehe. VGGs. I'll say it again it's impossible to get salty at this game. You just want to get back in there go at it again lol
I don't know, man.
If I keep expanding upon my theories for instant-air shotgun pressure with Sweet Tooth, the salt may be spilled.
+10+10+10+10+10+10+10 (To Infinite)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I don't know, man.
If I keep expanding upon my theories for instant-air shotgun pressure with Sweet Tooth, the salt may be spilled.
+10+10+10+10+10+10+10 (To Infinite)
HAHAHA nah I dont think so. Im still struggling hard with nariko. I know she got the tools I just need to use them properly to take advantage and figure out the sweet spot. The rocket seems to work at times even though I be going for the air grab when it comes out hehe.

KIllaByte

For the record: You all probably will need to find a different partner for said 2v2-
For I, like all unfortunate souls, must attend school.
("Holy fuck, he just said school is for the unfortunate! What a spoiled Cuntfuck!")
And after school Sport practice: (Squash) (It's Fucking Legitimate, mayne)
And, also like most, I must pretend to care about homework, and occasionally pretend to attempt complete homework. (Possibly completing some along the way.)
Tomorrow my contribution to the All Stars community will come in the form of attempting to edit an @UnderTheyMayo inspired "Math of Playstation All Stars" video.
Enjoy your 2v2s, and farewell.

HAHAHA nah I dont think so. Im still struggling hard with nariko. I know she got the tools I just need to use them properly to take advantage and figure out the sweet spot. The rocket seems to work at times even though I be going for the air grab when it comes out hehe.
I am really liking Toro in 1v1's. If I can land an air D.Triangle (In Afro Toro Costume), I can do any of the following:

- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, U.Square, D.Triangle (1 Bar combo).
- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx (wait) U.Triangle (Almost 1 Bar).

You can also run mix-ups once you have them in this chain:

- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx N.Triangle (Rotten Egg Shot), repeat pressure or throw.

I need to work more on costume switching, I see some potential with the Ninja Costume, but the Karate Costume doesn't really seem to be combo heavy; Rather just heavier attacks for building bar.

In 2v2's I think I will be playing Sackboy because of how much utility and keepaway he has. It is very difficult to land his combo's in 2's because they get interrupted typically and some of the stage angles make it hard.

My Sackboy BnB is:

- Air F.Triangle, (land), Square, Square, U.Square xx F.Triangle xx N.Circle (Cake Cancel)

He has a lot of shenanigans with his lightning traps, fan + Cake, and then his trick door. I like that a lot of his air specials can be cancelled into almost anything.

KIllaByte

I am really liking Toro in 1v1's. If I can land an air D.Triangle, I can do any of the following:

- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, U.Square, D.Triangle (1 Bar combo).
- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx (wait) U.Triangle (Almost 1 Bar).

You can also run mix-ups once you have them in this chain:

- Air D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx D.Triangle, Air N.Square xx N.Triangle (Rotten Egg Shot), repeat pressure or throw.

I need to work more on costume switching, I see some potential with the Ninja Costume, but the Karate Costume doesn't really seem to be combo heavy; Rather just heavier attacks for building bar.

In 2v2's I think I will be playing Sackboy because of how much utility and keepaway he has. It is very difficult to land his combo's in 2's because they get interrupted typically and some of the stage angles make it hard.

My Sackboy BnB is:

- Air F.Triangle, (land), Square, Square, U.Square xx F.Triangle xx N.Circle (Cake Cancel)

He has a lot of shenanigans with his lightning traps, fan + Cake, and then his trick door. I like that a lot of his air specials can be cancelled into almost anything.
With your Toro always in the air, and with supers not being able to be activated in the air, and both Raiden and Sweet Tooth not having AA supers-- I feel that Toro's only weakness is being interrupted--
Something that happens very frequently in 2v2s, and FFAs.
Your Toro plays like Smash Bros Melee JigglyPuff. Always in the air, always a threat to do massive damage, and seemingly untouchable.