What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

MKK hanzo

Guys this gets worse.

Im trying scenarios like p1 jumping at p2 and kicking the shit out of every aa I do.

Sub p1 jump kicking at sub p2 doing 22 as an aa. It wins all the time.

And worst yet:

Sub p1 can aa 22 all the time to sub p2 jump kicking...

I dont want to bother using specials yet...

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Guys this gets worse.

Im trying scenarios like p1 jumping at p2 and kicking the shit out of every aa I do.

And worst yet:

lol lets not get carried away. leave that to somberness

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Can we have everyone get a case of amnesia please? I don't want to believe this, the truth hurts too much. I love this game, and it pains me that my capcom nut riding friends in my fight club can use this against me...AGAIN! :(

MKK hanzo

lol lets not get carried away. leave that to somberness
Bro Im no noob at frame testing-data and neither this is my first case of "who has the priority now?" with MK. ;)

But so be it. Lets wait for Awesomberness :D

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Guys this gets worse.

And worst yet:

crud so it counts for aa aswell?
im assuming this also means air to air could be effected also?
as if i didnt have enough problems losing air to airs against kang freddy kenshi and there massive hitboxes :(

Somberness

Lights
Well that is the case with Noobs slide. One stance is less frames.
I switched that back to normal (for up close) as it is possible to hit them that early, they just have to be leaning into you.
Somberness Can you try JIP trades? I've always had P1 win the JIP trade in my experience. Always.
Tough to say because you can't see the hitboxes but I was using Scorpion(P1) vs. JC(P2) and trying to d1 anti-air with JC. So far I have seen a couple times where both hands were inside the other character before the first active frame and Scorpion won out.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Another exception seems to be projectiles, tested Noob's and Sindel's. I guess spin has similar properties as a projectile.
ok I was going to say I have traded air fireballs with air punches and kicks. Where my foe gets the fireball and I get the kick/punch to the face.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

"Unlike other fighting games, in the 2D Mortal Kombat games, both players cannot be hit at the exact same time. One of the players has priority over the other. Which player has priority is selected at the beginning of each round. If two people pick the same character and are near each other and both players do a HP at the exact same time, one player will take priority. Which player has priority stays the same for the entire round.
This applies to projectiles as well. It can appear during normal gameplay that both players can be hit by projectiles at the exact same time. In fact, their life will even begin to drain on the same frame. However, one player was actually hit before the other. If both players are in danger and use a projectile so that they'll connect at the exact same time, the player with priorities will hit first, kill the opponent and he or she will survive."

Taken from http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Mortal_Kombat_3

Reneketon

Buyback, cos I'm mad

"Unlike other fighting games, in the 2D Mortal Kombat games, both players cannot be hit at the exact same time. One of the players has priority over the other. Which player has priority is selected at the beginning of each round. If two people pick the same character and are near each other and both players do a HP at the exact same time, one player will take priority. Which player has priority stays the same for the entire round.
This applies to projectiles as well. It can appear during normal gameplay that both players can be hit by projectiles at the exact same time. In fact, their life will even begin to drain on the same frame. However, one player was actually hit before the other. If both players are in danger and use a projectile so that they'll connect at the exact same time, the player with priorities will hit first, kill the opponent and he or she will survive."

Taken from http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Mortal_Kombat_3
How priority worked in the old 2D games was known. In the 3D games one player has priority for the whole game according to Konqrr, not just one round.

We assumed it was random in MK9, but now out hot ass we discover it isn't. Is there a reason why it was assumed the priority was random? Seems rather strange the most competitive MK to date and we're just finding this out now. Also, so I'm guessing paulo was mistaken...?

How priority worked in the old 2D games was known. In the 3D games one player has priority for the whole game according to Konqrr.

We assumed it was random in MK9, but now out hot ass we discover it isn't. Is there a reason why it was assumed the priority was random? Seems rather strange the most competitive MK to date and we're just finding this out now. Also, so I'm guessing paulo was mistaken...?
I guess he was. I just don't like the whole random or 1 player having advantage. A trade and draw feature was one of my suggestions for MK10. Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but if you let the timer drain and both characters have full health player 1 automatically wins.

Reneketon

Buyback, cos I'm mad
I guess he was. I just don't like the whole random or 1 player having advantage. A trade and draw feature was one of my suggestions for MK10. Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but if you let the timer drain and both characters have full health player 1 automatically wins.

...I don't think ANYBODY likes this. You, me, santa claus. I really don't know why they just don't have attacks trade like most other 2D games. If you aren't going to do that, at least put a system in place that makes sense, and isn't Random or soley for one player. Hell, I'd even take KoF12's attack negate thing or whatever. This shit cannot be in MK10. It can't.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Just a small example. I edited out the parts where I missed hitting on the same frame and the time in between so the video wasn't over 10min. The characters switch positions half way. Both are using 14 frame attacks, but it can be any combination, it's just easier this way.
Dat sexy 4...

if you have trades then you can have draw games, and if you have draw games then the kiddies won't get to do their fatals and then they'll cry. also, nrs would have a shitload more work to do with tweaking and planning every damn character's frame data, and i don't think they want to do that (or they might not have had the time with story mode, and everything else). it's easier to just give 1 player advantage over the other. fuck it. on to the next one: MK 10.
lol seriously though, I have faith in netherrealm man. They could've left the game how it was originally, or even made us pay for patches but they catered to us.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
As far as this game being the way it is, I'm more for the advantage switching between the players every 10 frames or w/e rather than the "one player is randomly assigned advantage for a whole round" or even worse a whole match. I hope we can find something that breaks this apart, however bad its looking right now.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
I suggest you learn how to spell/pronounce "high crush" before you start talking smack with fighting game terminology. The term is older than time.
I suggest you to learn to read. Hint: "Edit: grammar". Oh and I suggest you to stop being a dick. Have a nice day, troll.