What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hot new concept!

This didn't drastically affect gameplay even when collisions in MK were in greater abundance, more frequent and with fewer frames before the attacks became active. Not that I am defending it, but it sure isn't the end of the world in a 60ish FPS game when most animations have at least 8 frames before they are active.
True but im baffled tht this in the the game in the first place.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
It's actually more effort to program this into the game than to just allow trades. I'm not entirely sure why they started doing this, but it's been around since MK1.

The problem is if it is patched out, who knows what affects it would have on the core gameplay. Some normals/specials aren't meant to collide with animations that would be available if trades were instantly put into the game and there could be no proper response to those collisions. It could cause all kinds of glitches from resets, 1touch combos, xray glitches, game crashes, etc.
Ill just say leave the game the way it is and fix it all in mk10 simple as tht

Hitoshura

Head Cage
ok sorry it was every other frame. Here's what Paulo said last year on the rules of trades.

"It rolls who goes first but then it alternates who runs first every other tick (frame)."
I see what u mean but do u rlly think they used THAT much memory to program this in. I have a friend whose a game programer and he said this takes way to much memory up and there was no way they could've done this.

If they did do this though then props to NRS

this can possibly be the reason for the shitty netcode. Its calculating who wins trades every single frame. This game runs on 60 frames per second. This is without calculating hitboxes of course

Hitoshura

Head Cage
This is hardly game breaking. In Gears of war if you arent host you might as well go home because you are getting 1 hit killed from across the map with a "host shotgun".

In this you might lose a d1 trade at neutral, too bad.
nice troll

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
nice troll
Go back through the history of this game and find me a moment where someone losing a trade cost them a match/tournament/mlg$$$ and its game breaking. Other than that its just annoying.

Theres no way to "abuse" this by picking p1, you might think you are getting the upper hand but in reality its never going to come down to a just frame trade in the last second of the last round, meaning only player 1 could win.

Im sure i wasnt the only one who read this and realised how little it matters, theres just too many people who love to "care" far too much.

This is hardly game breaking. In Gears of war if you arent host you might as well go home because you are getting 1 hit killed from across the map with a "host shotgun".
definitely not a good comparison, as that only applies to online play...

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

In this you might lose a d1 trade at neutral, too bad.
Lulz, get good enough and host doesn't even matter.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I'll never drop this game because I love Mortal Kombat. I can't say I'm thrilled to see this but I hope players will continue to support this game and our tournament scene so we can have something better in MK10. Please remember this is NRS first shot at a tournament fighter. Mayo made a good point several pages back about a first album from a good band. The kinks will be ironed out. In my opinion right now we are building a following for our game for the future and we can't afford to jump off the ship now or the FGC will forever be a capcom playground. That's just how I see it, maybe I am wrong. I for one, will live with this.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Lulz, get good enough and host doesn't even matter.
Yeah i do suck at gears, and that example is for online only, but still i dont see how trading just frame with somebody really is that much to worry about. Up until somberness posted this we thought it was down to who pushed the button that 1/60th of a second faster. Now we just have something for everyone to blame their losses on.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
I see what u mean but do u rlly think they used THAT much memory to program this in. I have a friend whose a game programer and he said this takes way to much memory up and there was no way they could've done this.

this can possibly be the reason for the shitty netcode. Its calculating who wins trades every single frame. This game runs on 60 frames per second. This is without calculating hitboxes of course
oh yeah? what games has he programmed? probably not mortal kombat

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
More I think about it the more game breaking it seems.

Simple example - Cage's F3 or 21f2: after you blocked f3 or 21 you both at 0. Cage most of the times will check you with 7 frame d.3. Guess what you will do to escape the pressure, especially if your fastest move is d.3 (7 frames). Yep, d.3 vs d.3 and p1 Cage will always win. And you again under pressure losing life/gaining meter for Cage.

Effectively when you're on P2 you lose your interrupting options if you're not Kung Lao or not having 6 frame d.1/jab in many cases, which are pretty frequent.

aj1701

Noob

Wait, youre friend said random priority that then alternates with frame number is memory intensive? If thats what he thinksi can't believe. he does it professionally

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah i do suck at gears, and that example is for online only, but still i dont see how trading just frame with somebody really is that much to worry about. Up until somberness posted this we thought it was down to who pushed the button that 1/60th of a second faster. Now we just have something for everyone to blame their losses on.
this is pretty much all i see this as, lol

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
More I think about it the more game breaking it seems.

Simple example - Cage's F3 or 21f2: after you blocked f3 or 21 you both at 0. Cage most of the times will check you with 7 frame d.3. Guess what you will do to escape the pressure, especially if your fastest move is d.3 (7 frames). Yep, d.3 vs d.3 and p1 Cage will always win. And you again under pressure losing life/gaining meter for Cage.

Effectively when you're on P2 you lose your interrupting options if you're not Kung Lao or not having 6 frame d.1/jab in many cases, which are pretty frequent.
How often do you think cage is going to d3 on the first active frame after f3? p1 will always have a 1 frame advantage which is retarded but it's not going to make a significant difference.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
How often do you think cage is going to d3 on the first active frame after f3? p1 will always have a 1 frame advantage which is retarded but it's not going to make a significant difference.
Pretty often I'd say: yesterday I fought against Cage doing d.3 after f3/21 - I was able to poke out only once or twice with my 7 frame d.3 out of numerous attempts through the course of 10 or so matches. Effectively you can only block his d.3 and punish in this situation, however if Cage know/sees that - you'll be f.3-ed to death.