What's new

PL says "KL NOT IN TOP TEN"

Okay guys lets be serious here! Kung Lao is with out a doubt top ten. There is literally no possible viable argument feasible to change or shift an opinion in that other wise.
And he doesn't loose to Sonya, gotta learn this mu

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Let's be serious here. KL is top 10. The "footsies KL" talking point needs to go away too. The Carl frantic KL jumping around like an idiot KL is the best KL. let's stop pretending otherwise. No one's doing anything with footsies KL. I don't even think people saying it know what they're talking about.

i don't play kung lao that frantic, only in quick bursts...

kung lao has 24 21 spin dive kick and tele, 2 different projectiles a decent overhead.... spin.... teleport.... kung lao loses to 1 character and that character is kabal and kung lao is the best character to fight kabal in this game with arguably... he has an advantage against most of the cast.... people who are retards win with him on occasion because of how random he is. the man has a fucking 7 frame jab god damnit and he has every option to get in with i dont care if low hit box chars can give him problems, hes more than fine vs cage, hes fine vs sonya... his footsies are amazing.... all you have to do vs johnny cage is 24 overhead all day long and run away.... all you have to do vs sonya is play the zoning game, bait a projectile, get in, get out, rinse and repeat.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana is a bad MU for sure. I actually think jax and cage beat him too. People say Sonya beats him but I NEVER saw it. And I guess cyrax is a bad MU too.

But yea, kitana is WITHOUT A DOUBT a bad mu.

kung lao has 24 21 spin dive kick and tele, 2 different projectiles a decent overhead.... spin.... teleport.... kung lao loses to 1 character and that character is kabal and kung lao is the best character to fight kabal in this game with arguably... he has an advantage against most of the cast.... people who are retards win with him on occasion because of how random he is. the man has a fucking 7 frame jab god damnit and he has every option to get in with i dont care if low hit box chars can give him problems, hes more than fine vs cage, hes fine vs sonya... his footsies are amazing.... all you have to do vs johnny cage is 24 overhead all day long and run away.... all you have to do vs sonya is play the zoning game, bait a projectile, get in, get out, rinse and repeat.
I think you can ex nut punch 21 overhead all day long's

Kitana is a bad MU for sure. I actually think jax and cage beat him too. People say Sonya beats him but I NEVER saw it. And I guess cyrax is a bad MU too.

But yea, kitana is WITHOUT A DOUBT a bad mu.

mmmmm i dont think cage and jax beat him.

9_Lives

Noob
Kung Lao is really good, but the meta of this game is constantly changing. He didn't even make it into top 8 this tournament (well, Denzell used him, but he used Cyrax to get there). Originally, everyone had KL in their top 5. Now people are saying he's in top 10. People have just learned how to fight and beat him. KL mains now have two choices, which is either to pick up another character (which is what PL seems to be doing atm), or to adapt their playstyle in a way that they can overcome the new found threat of low hitbox characters. Not to downplay KL, and not to complain about other characters being broken. It's just a shift in the balance of power with the gaining of new information.

Not to mention this guy has like 8 seconds of unpunishable mobile armour off a teleport. The most broken and best armour move in the game. It's like ex glow but good

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ive been saying over rated for a while now and I want some discussion and opinions from other KL players.

"He does well agsinst the top characters like kabal, kenshi, and smoke but he has 7 MU that he clearly loses"
Yeah...someone is obviously full of shit.

What's Lao going to do teleport?
lao doesnt have to do anything, cage has to come to him... laos footses are just as good, he has a 7 frame whiff punisher, his counter-poke game is ridiculous, his counter-to-counter poke game is ridiculous. he can harass cage.

Skitzo

Noob
lao doesnt have to do anything, cage has to come to him... laos footses are just as good, he has a 7 frame whiff punisher, his counter-poke game is ridiculous, his counter-to-counter poke game is ridiculous. he can harass cage.
Yeah man I don't get how Cage beats him. Seems even like the Jax mu

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
they don't always step out, and even if they do, u still get a roll and a dive kick if they jump.