What's new

PL says "KL NOT IN TOP TEN"

Intredasting, PL can win 2 evos back to back with kung lao and still his opinion on that character is met with skepticism but an opinion of a washed up UK player who got his back blown out at evo holds more weight.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Intredasting, PL can win 2 evos back to back with kung lao and still his opinion on that character is met with skepticism but an opinion of a washed up UK player who got his back blown out at evo holds more weight.

Pls tell me more about how I've ever lost with KL.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Oh, stop it, you...

Its not that I agree with PL or anything I mean far as I am concerned if your not a Jax player you have no right to cry about not being able to pressure small hitbox chars, but just reading this thread I find it somewhat insulting and belittling PL knowledge on his main. PL played lao from day 1 and achieved the most with the character, and creditable players like PIG who also achieved much in the tournament scene consider tom brady's lao to be solid and his information on the character to be very accurate and yet their opinion on kung lao can't even be taken into an account but a reptile player who hasn't competed in high level since god knows when, and a lao player from UK who doesn't even come close to PL achievements does? That's a little ridiculous, I am sorry but I am going with PL/Brady word over Foxy's any day of the week, its damn near 2013 guys.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
PL played lao from day 1 and achieved the most with the character, and creditable players like PIG who also achieved much in the tournament scene consider tom brady's lao to be solid and his information on the character to be very accurate and yet their opinion on kung lao can't even be taken into an account but a reptile player who hasn't competed in high level since god knows when, and a lao player from UK who doesn't even come close to PL achievements does? That's a little ridiculous, I am sorry but I am going with PL/Brady word over Foxy's any day of the week, its damn near 2013 guys.

This post shows how little you know about me, Pig & PL.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Its not that I agree with PL or anything I mean far as I am concerned if your not a Jax player you have no right to cry about not being able to pressure small hitbox chars, but just reading this thread I find it somewhat insulting and belittling PL knowledge on his main. PL played lao from day 1 and achieved the most with the character, and creditable players like PIG who also achieved much in the tournament scene consider tom brady's lao to be solid and his information on the character to be very accurate and yet their opinion on kung lao can't even be taken into an account but a reptile player who hasn't competed in high level since god knows when, and a lao player from UK who doesn't even come close to PL achievements does? That's a little ridiculous, I am sorry but I am going with PL/Brady word over Foxy's any day of the week, its damn near 2013 guys.
Who is this guy? lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dude, Kenshi wins way more matches 7-3 and 8-2. If you count their matchups vs the whole cast, Kenshi probably has higher numbers
KL only struggles vs Cage but even then its not a clear loss.
Kenshi definitely struggles against KL, Kabal and maybe a few others.

If you can play a near perfect KL against any other character near perfectly played, in theory KL should never lose.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Just because X character is better in a specific matchup doesn't mean X character is higher on a tier list. For example, if I think the Sonya/Reptile matchup is 4-6 doesn't necessarily mean I would put Reptile higher than Sonya on a tier list.

That said I do believe Lao is top ten, if not top seven.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

If you can play a near perfect KL against any other character near perfectly played, in theory KL should never lose.
Your talking like he is Kabal lol. I think if Kabal is played perfectly he should never lose. I personally think KL lose 6-4 to Kabal Cage and Sonya, while Kabal doesn't even have an even matchup. KL has a few even matchups and 3 bad matchups. LBSH

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Your talking like he is Kabal lol. I think if Kabal is played perfectly he should never lose. I personally think KL lose 6-4 to Kabal Cage and Sonya, while Kabal doesn't even have an even matchup. KL has a few even matchups and 3 bad matchups. LBSH
KL can blow Sonya up, in a similar fashion to Jax (obviously not as brutally though), you just either gotta be full screen or point blank.

Take away her D4 and you've eliminated a majority of her offense and defense.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Kabal vs Kabal is even O:

i don't know about 2nd or 3rd, but i do agree with foxy, kung lao is beast...theres no denying it.

I think cyrax is bad for kung lao, if you dont think he loses to cyrax why didnt you pick kung lao against krayzie at evo?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
" he has 7 MU that he clearly loses"
Nonsense.

He has no bad matches, only 5-5's and tough 5-5's at that.

And here is why, every character has a solid 5-5 and it is the mirror match, so when determining what a ''bad match'' is, you have to compare the fight to the mirror match, and it will always be a 5-5 because your strengths are taken away or limited and you cannot abuse what you normally can against certain characters, your meter build is equal, your damage and punishment options are equal also.

So take the KL mirror match into consideration when asking what a bad match is, KL cannot do random teleports, he cannot randomly dive kick, he is fighting against a low hit box and at some point he will have to spin to beat the opponent out of fp pressure or guessing the bp is coming.

Now, there is no character in the game, that can make a match worse for him than his mirror, infact in some of his other 5-5 matches, he can still afford to teleport like fuck and get spicy with fp pressure, and even abuse something as silly as low hats against 12 frame mid characters that are supposed to be ''bad matches'' like Mileena for example, there is no one in the game that makes something unwinnable for him or takes anything away from him more than his mirror, so I honestly can't understand where people are getting his worse matches from.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think cyrax is bad for kung lao, if you dont think he loses to cyrax why didnt you pick kung lao against krayzie at evo?
Rain can punish really heavily and take cyrax's full bar with one combo. After cyrax is hit with 43 :ex bubble, he has to choose between 50% or his full bar and he needs that meter. It was a smart idea by foxy, but unfortunately he fucked up his AA when it mattered. We were gutted for him.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If you're gonna bring up accomplishments...why are you even posting that no one but Jax players can complain about small hitboxes?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think we should re-evaluate the KL match-ups, maybe he isn't as good as everybody thinks after all.

or we could just keep arguing about it. whatever works.

LEGEND

YES!
This thread is dumb and should be deleted, Only a handful of posts in this 14 page thread make any sense at all
-
LBSH, if you haven't played a Top Lao (Pboard, PL, Reo ect) then you don't know what you are talking about.
People saying he's top 2 are:
A) Terrible players / online players
B) Have no idea what a MU chart is or how MUs work

For the record, he is obviously top 10

The indisputable top 2 are Kabal and Kenshi. Then we have Sonya, Cyrax, Freddy, Smoke, Lao at a comparable level. Anything past that is pure speculation

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nonsense.

And here is why, every character has a solid 5-5 and it is the mirror match, so when determining what a ''bad match'' is, you have to compare the fight to the mirror match, and it will always be a 5-5 because your strengths are taken away or limited and you cannot abuse what you normally can against certain characters, your meter build is equal, your damage and punishment options are equal also.

So take the KL mirror match into consideration when asking what a bad match is, KL cannot do random teleports, he cannot randomly dive kick, he is fighting against a low hit box and at some point he will have to spin to beat the opponent out of fp pressure or guessing the bp is coming.

Now, there is no character in the game, that can make a match worse for him than his mirror, infact in some of his other 5-5 matches, he can still afford to teleport like fuck and get spicy with fp pressure, and even abuse something as silly as low hats against 12 frame mid characters that are supposed to be ''bad matches'' like Kitana & Mileena for example, there is no one in the game that makes something unwinnable for him or takes anything away from him more than his mirror, so I honestly can't understand where people are getting his worse matches from.
Wow. Best perspective on MU I have we read. Good shit here

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Nonsense.

Now, there is no character in the game, that can make a match worse for him than his mirror, infact in some of his other 5-5 matches, he can still afford to teleport like fuck and get spicy with fp pressure, and even abuse something as silly as low hats against 12 frame mid characters that are supposed to be ''bad matches'' like Kitana & Mileena for example, there is no one in the game that makes something unwinnable for him or takes anything away from him more than his mirror, so I honestly can't understand where people are getting his worse matches from.
what'd you mean by 12 frame mid characters? o-0 and how are you able to abuse low hats against kitana and mileena o: I MUST KNOW THIS!!!