What's new

Ping and Connectivity Issues Since Update

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
just posting in here to say ive definitely noticed it, yesterday it was every online match i played and i was getting matched with the same people over and over. aso in towers of time there was more input lag than practice, idk if it was me or it was part of the issue but there was definitely more input lag

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I knew something was wrong, I thought it was because of my connection. RIght after the 1.05 went live I had trouble to play in the KOTHs hosted by @Vslayer while the online was quite good for an European playing in a NA KOTH in 1.04. Now it lags a lot and I get kicked like half of the time when it's my turn to play against the king.
Yeah it's been ridiculous in KOTH. Even Reed who I have good ping with gets disconnected from those.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I will say KOTH is definitely worse than 1 on 1. It's noticeably lagging compared to before the update. Some random matches are pretty clean surprisingly, and then you get a rude awakening 5 minutes later when you get button loss... roll doesn't come out, dropping combos, etc.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I had issues with KOTH even before the latest patch. People were disconnecting at a pretty regular basis, as did i sometimes though.

Regarding ranked online today alone i have faced the same opponent 5 times in a row. It was fun playing 15 games vs Erron Black...

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
The patch before this fucked up online as well. That's when I started getting game desynch again, the latest patch made it worse though

After the most recent patch dropped, I immediately noticed a difference online. It was consistently worse than it had been. And the issue still persists.

For instance, before I play someone, it will say the ping is anywhere between 30-70. Which is perfectly fine. The problem is, once the match starts, it stays above 100 ping.

There seems to be more button delay, and lag than before. And this is pretty consistent. The SAME exact players where I was getting a consistent 50 ping the entire match, is now around 100. There’s even random HUGE lag spikes somehow when both players are wired. None of this happened to me before the update.

Many others seem to be experiencing the same problem. Do any of you notice a difference? Also, what could be causing this? I know nothing about programming or anything related to what the problem could be, so if someone knows or has an idea, post it up.
are you playing on pc or console ? cause on pc im experiencing a lot of lag since the update and none on my ps4 pro

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can someone clarify if this feels more like input delay and slowness rather than pingspikes and higher general ping as well?

My scene is kind of intolerant to online, anything about 80ms really, while I'll play anything up to 130. Since yesterday's ranked session I've been noticing I can't interrupt staggers at all even if I know they're coming. Usually I try to interrupt and then get thrown with escape failed.

Was wondering if I was just now noticing how bad 100+ ms is or something legit happened.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Posted this in another thread. Recorded this video while playing ranked on a 83ms wired to wired connection. Had zero issues like this previously.

Petition signed. There is a petition, right? :(

Edit: This is on PS4, btw.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
You guys may have just started noticing but man this BS has been going on for me since release. Ranked is nearly unplayable for me I mentioned it weeks ago because of the lying ping menu. Also, it forces you to play bad connections half the time. Kasual is the same man . Playing w friends is decent but online still feels very sluggish compared to previous games

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
After the most recent patch dropped, I immediately noticed a difference online. It was consistently worse than it had been. And the issue still persists.

For instance, before I play someone, it will say the ping is anywhere between 30-70. Which is perfectly fine. The problem is, once the match starts, it stays above 100 ping.

There seems to be more button delay, and lag than before. And this is pretty consistent. The SAME exact players where I was getting a consistent 50 ping the entire match, is now around 100. There’s even random HUGE lag spikes somehow when both players are wired. None of this happened to me before the update.

Many others seem to be experiencing the same problem. Do any of you notice a difference? Also, what could be causing this? I know nothing about programming or anything related to what the problem could be, so if someone knows or has an idea, post it up.
Word for word the same thing I'm experiencing. I'm late to tell because I tend to stay offline at locals and spend most if my time in practice and vs players at my house.

Before the patch most of my matches where very solid and it felt as close to offline as I think possible.
I expect 2-4f lag static but 8-12+ frame lag is completely unacceptable for competition.

Everything that matters is high level matches just are nonexistent when you have 6 or more frames of lag. Especially when it fluctuates. Its like playing on a buggy PC version.
I'm Wired and only play 120ms tops and aim for 80ms or better WIRED only.

Things that are nonexsistent Online after last patch:

Reacting to anything.
Certain unsafe moves(-12)become safe.
Counter poking(vital at high level)
Wiff punishing in 6f Windows.
Jailing pokes into high starters(1-8f window)
Anti airing on reaction
Staggers become punishable
Plus on block becomes negative
Dropping combos
Tight frame links.

It just becomes scrub kombat Where two players are pressing our of turn hoping for the best.
So you know I'm not even talking about bad connections (200+) what I mentioned above is on 80ms-120ms connections.

This definitely happened after the last patch and I hope it gets fixed.

I suspect the netcode was altered by last patch causing a visual reset on rollback but who knows?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
You guys may have just started noticing but man this BS has been going on for me since release. Ranked is nearly unplayable for me I mentioned it weeks ago because of the lying ping menu. Also, it forces you to play bad connections half the time. Kasual is the same man . Playing w friends is decent but online still feels very sluggish compared to previous games
ranked mode is trash due to no filter and forced 120+ wifi matches. and in the last patch pc rating dissapeared in casuals too so...the experience got worse there too. so much money and not being able to even think about a fucking online filter which you can set up....

i wish there would be at least one fighting game developer who actually plays the game to see the shit they produce....online. not in the studio

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I've pretty much just kept away from Ranked because of these issues, really hope they sort this out soon.

yes it lags like hell. i wish i didn't waste money on this game. it's impossible to get a flawless game on release these days.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I've pretty much just kept away from Ranked because of these issues, really hope they sort this out soon.
they will not. its the same shit since mkx and they did not even bother to adress that issue. seems people need to scream for that shit on twitter like with the lack of 60fps during sequences because apparently thats the big issue the game has and what the community needed on pc or overall....fuck social media and how companys react to it instead to put common sense into what they do and priorize...

Last edited:
they will not. its the same shit since mkx and they did not even bother to adress that issue. seems people need to scream for that shit on twitter like with the lack of 60fps during sequences because apparently thats the big issue the game has and the community needed on pc or overall....fuck social media...
social media is a joke. no one should give a shit about some cutscenes but apparently the hivemind decided it's more important than the actual game.

Sazbak

Noob
I already posted this on someone's status update but yeah same thing happened to me. As soon as I updated the game I began to experience the 'bad connection' icon flashing during matches a lot.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

Word for word the same thing I'm experiencing. I'm late to tell because I tend to stay offline at locals and spend most if my time in practice and vs players at my house.

Before the patch most of my matches where very solid and it felt as close to offline as I think possible.
I expect 2-4f lag static but 8-12+ frame lag is completely unacceptable for competition.

Everything that matters is high level matches just are nonexistent when you have 6 or more frames of lag. Especially when it fluctuates. Its like playing on a buggy PC version.
I'm Wired and only play 120ms tops and aim for 80ms or better WIRED only.

Things that are nonexsistent Online after last patch:

Reacting to anything.
Certain unsafe moves(-12)become safe.
Counter poking(vital at high level)
Wiff punishing in 6f Windows.
Jailing pokes into high starters(1-8f window)
Anti airing on reaction
Staggers become punishable
Plus on block becomes negative
Dropping combos
Tight frame links.

It just becomes scrub kombat Where two players are pressing our of turn hoping for the best.
So you know I'm not even talking about bad connections (200+) what I mentioned above is on 80ms-120ms connections.

This definitely happened after the last patch and I hope it gets fixed.

I suspect the netcode was altered by last patch causing a visual reset on rollback but who knows?