What's new

People love to complain in this game

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
GuamoKun has played my HawkGirl a few times and I'm pretty sure he feels it's a losing MU (not debating or arguing or anything ;) ) HawkGirl just doesn't have to deal with a lot of stuff coming from solid ground characters; Frost, Nightwing, AquaMan etc.,

Like I said, I'm not overly familiar with the MU. Just playing the MU in my head mostly from what I've seen of it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doombawkz DD is top 15.

His good pokes combined with good meter building (for his extensive meter use) and his ability to corner you almost regardless of where you are on the screen to set you up for so pretty annoying shenanigans is not a bad character

I like to troll but LBSH a character whose advancing move you have to respect as soon as he gets a bar from nearly full screen is not a bad character. He's very fundamental and basic but he's not bad at all
Nah man, bottom 15. Once his charge can't be parried, maybe top 15. Until then, anything that breaks armor beats it, anything that parries, armors through it, etc. You can even MB b.3 it as long as you aren't getting hit by the first shot.

RM Truth

Well then...stop playing the MU in your head and start playing some of us. Add me on PSN and we can the MU. ;)

I would but you deleted me >_>. Anyways. I like playing MUs in my head, because its the closest I'll get to playing this game at the highest level ^_^.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nah man, bottom 15. Once his charge can't be parried, maybe top 15. Until then, anything that breaks armor beats it, anything that parries, armors through it, etc. You can even MB b.3 it as long as you aren't getting hit by the first shot.
Think about characters who rely on projectiles, they have to stop throwing shit e.g they respect him. As for b.3 he can delay the MB and trade or recover faster (depends)

You're only considering Bane and Superman who need trait to disrespect his really good trait. He can basically ignore you on hit and full combo for a bar and corner you. His good spacing tools are also really handy to help him stack low amounts of damage up pretty fast and he has an amazing AA grab for jump happy players/Joker.

Not a phenomenal character by any means but his ability to get in is a valuable one

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I would but you deleted me >_>. Anyways. I like playing MUs in my head, because its the closest I'll get to playing this game at the highest level ^_^.
How does one know if they've been deleted? I did a massive list clean when the game first came out and I only deleted people who hadn't logged on in like forever. I'll re-add you.

Vagrant

Noob
Thats not true necessarily

If the game isn't making me salty... then I probably don't care.
False, I care alot about this game and rarely get salty anymore. If anything I care MORE about the game then I ever did since I quit getting salty.

I understand different stuff motivates different people though. Getting salty and angry actually hurt my game and limited me as a player.

RM Truth

How does one know if they've been deleted? I did a massive list clean when the game first came out and I only deleted people who hadn't logged on in like forever. I'll re-add you.

Dunno, but I sent a message asking to add you, but everytime we tried to play, one of us was too busy. Then one day, I checked my friends list and you were gone :\.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Think about characters who rely on projectiles, they have to stop throwing shit e.g they respect him. As for b.3 he can delay the MB and trade or recover faster (depends)

You're only considering Bane and Superman who need trait to disrespect his really good trait. He can basically ignore you on hit and full combo for a bar and corner you. His good spacing tools are also really handy to help him stack low amounts of damage up pretty fast and he has an amazing AA grab for jump happy players/Joker.

Not a phenomenal character by any means but his ability to get in is a valuable one
I disagree, and I'm not just considering those two. Like while he is plowing in, he is only dealing as much damage as he is taking and booting you further still away. He needs that meter to break like 25% damage, and some characters (Bane, superman, batman, etc) don't have to respect his options at all. I feel he should've gotten that charge buffed like ours, where it can't be parried.

While it can, I just don't see him existing with characters like bats and frost running amok.
Not to mention his corner pressure is the same as it was like 6 months ago, if you still can't block d.1xxES then its like what are you doing at a tourney. xD

RM Truth

False, I care alot about this game and rarely get salty anymore. If anything I care MORE about the game then I ever did since I quit getting salty.

I understand different stuff motivates different people though. Getting salty and angry actually hurt my game and limited me as a player.

I almost never get salty at fighting games anymore. The worst I usually have is the hidden GGA Dizzy salt or slight emoness after the fact, but I'm pretty good at keeping my emotions in check for the most part.

RM Truth

Grayson will not hit hawkgirl when she is flying her highest (which she always is).

Only thing that can hit her out of the air is a Staff J2 or a max escrima j2. Everything else will whiff.

Is Hawkgirl fast enough to activate trait and fly up to her highest point on a knockdown? I just get the feeling that NW would be fast enough to get up and use it provided he's already in staff form.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Grayson will not hit hawkgirl when she is flying her highest (which she always is).

Only thing that can hit her out of the air is a Staff J2 or a max escrima j2. Everything else will whiff.
True...but what he meant was just doing the grayson over and over thus making it hard to hit him with a mace toss or some shit. Either way...HG can compete from the air and the ground. The only thing that NW has that scares me is staff stance....sickest move set. ;)

RM Truth

True...but what he meant was just doing the grayson over and over thus making it hard to hit him with a mace toss or some shit. Either way...HG can compete from the air and the ground. The only thing that NW has that scares me is staff stance....sickest move set. ;)

I actually was talking about using it to take her out of the sky, but that works to. :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

She just has to duck once and then she gets to fly away again. her d1 actually outranges Nightwings.

The match is hell because Nightwing literally can have a hard time touching her. IMO Hawkgirl in this matchup should just fly and zone the entire match.

RM Truth

I disagree, and I'm not just considering those two. Like while he is plowing in, he is only dealing as much damage as he is taking and booting you further still away. He needs that meter to break like 25% damage, and some characters (Bane, superman, batman, etc) don't have to respect his options at all. I feel he should've gotten that charge buffed like ours, where it can't be parried.

While it can, I just don't see him existing with characters like bats and frost running amok.
Not to mention his corner pressure is the same as it was like 6 months ago, if you still can't block d.1xxES then its like what are you doing at a tourney. xD

Let's put it this way. Doomsday loses to or goes even with everyone that is above him ala Batman, Killer Frost, Aquaman, etc. He, for the most part, beats or goes even with everyone he is above. Only exceptions are Bane, depending on his tier placement post patch, and potentially Hawkgirl and Cyborg. With those kinds of MUs he is definitely a top 15 character. Damage is also pretty negligible for DD, because his game is entirely based on ES mixups and his options after MB Venom. Obviously parry characters don't have to give a fuck about Venom assuming they read it, but again, the only parry characters to worry about are already top tier characters....except Joker....he's just bad.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Let's put it this way. Doomsday loses to or goes even with everyone that is above him ala Batman, Killer Frost, Aquaman, etc. He, for the most part, beats or goes even with everyone he is above. Only exceptions are Bane, depending on his tier placement post patch, and potentially Hawkgirl and Cyborg. With those kinds of MUs he is definitely a top 10 character. Damage is also pretty negligible for DD, because his game is entirely based on ES mixups and his options after MB Venom. Obviously parry characters don't have to give a fuck about Venom assuming they read it, but again, the only parry characters to worry about are already top tier characters....except Joker....he's just bad.
Top 10 is a crowded place, man.
I don't see him being above... (in no particular order)
Superman
Black Adam
Batman
Batgirl
Killer Frost
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Flash
Zod
MMH
----------
Nightwing
WW
Bane

So I dunno, maybe they are both top 15. I could only think of like... 13 people, Bane included. Kinda iffy on Sinestro.