What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Gaxkang

Banned
Jeez, this thread needs a necro!

Does anyone know if purchasing Aftermath on Humble does NOT give the pre-order skins? Humble doesn't give away pre-order keys and it also doesn't state so on Humble's MK11 Aftermath page.
They do show the photo of preorder skins in their screens. So it probably does. But you'll wanna ask their support if you want to be certain.

Green Man Gaming does mention the preorder bonuses.

I'm gonna wait and see if Fanatical has a nice coupon before it releases maybe heh.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
They do show the photo of preorder skins in their screens. So it probably does. But you'll wanna ask their support if you want to be certain.

Green Man Gaming does mention the preorder bonuses.

I'm gonna wait and see if Fanatical has a nice coupon before it releases maybe heh.
Yeah, I noticed the pic too. But Steam's page explicitly says the Eternal Klash skins are included while Humble doesn't. Usually that wouldn't bother me, but the fact Humble doesn't give out keys til a game goes live is what really as me concerned - whether or not Steam sees it as a pre-order key or not.

The funny thing is, I think Humble just copy/pastes whatever is on the Steam page for games - pics, game description, etc. So it's a bit odd they have the pics of the preorder bonus, but not the description.

I ended up contacting Humble Support and Tyler Lansdown + NRS on twitter lol.

edit:
in case anyone is wondering, here's what Humble CS said:
"can confirm that if you preorder MK11 Aftermath through us that you'll receive all of the same bonuses as you would purchasing the game through Steam"

I didn't press them to confirm it was the Eternal Klash skins specifically, since I know they're busy and it's just a few skins I honestly probably won't even use lol (even tho I play Sub).

Last edited:
I just got my key from Green Man Gaming, forty five minutes earlier than I expected.

Has anyone installed/patched yet? I'm actually going to wait about three or so hours before doing so, just to make sure there aren't any patch issues deleting save data or anything.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
My fps keeps dropping to around 30 at random times. Game used to run fine before. Any tips? I've tried turning off my antivirus which seems to help and turning off gameplay recording. Put all my settings on minimum

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The changes that seem to fix a lot of issues are turning off Krypt 60fps and RGB Peripherals.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
My fps keeps dropping to around 30 at random times. Game used to run fine before. Any tips? I've tried turning off my antivirus which seems to help and turning off gameplay recording. Put all my settings on minimum
You might try turning off v-sync for awhile to see if that helps, and make sure frameskip is on (Which likely is if you have 60fps perks on which forces it on)

I have a number of fighting games where they will drop to 30 exactly if something gets behind. It acts like it cant catch up. MK11 isn't one of them though, but most of them got better when using adaptive settings on my monitor, lowering settings, or forcing off vsync.

I kind of doubt it is what you are talking about, but worth a try. Also changing the particle type is worth a try, regardless of what the setting is currently.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I run a mod that enables smooth 60 FPS and actually makes the game load faster as well I have found. I cant stand playing without it active anymore.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The mod is a complete waste of time all it does is make the cut sequences 60fps.. This also in-syncs the audio on fast machines. It has zero effect on game play. It is a mod for pc loosers that do not understand why the fatal blow and fatalities are 30fps... It also dsyncs the roll back and can cause bad "hit box" errors.. Or at least what looks like it

E

Eldriken

The mod is a complete waste of time all it does is make the cut sequences 60fps.. This also in-syncs the audio on fast machines. It has zero effect on game play. It is a mod for pc loosers that do not understand why the fatal blow and fatalities are 30fps... It also dsyncs the roll back and can cause bad "hit box" errors.. Or at least what looks like it
Wha? There's an option in the settings for the game on PC that makes Fatal and Krushing Blows 60 FPS.

I was only interested in the faster loading. My game loads fast enough as is, but faster is always better as long as there's no downside. If what you said is true, I probably won't bother.