What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

It should be the same though. Patch notes are exactly the same.
Aye. It did happen once before were that wasn't the case, where some changes that should have been in didn't. I think it took an extra week or so for that to be resolved.

Edit: If that is the indeed the case, and the balance changes are not the same as on consoles, a ticket should be opened with WB Support to notify them in case they actually don't know.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ok, I'm going to toss some other, extra spicy stuff into this thread right now.

I think it's great that it exists. I'm totally understanding of why it's there, and that people are going to be attracted to it.

For those of you I play, I strongly dislike the Retrocade stage. After a few days of new wear off, I never want to play on the stage, and will contest Retocade stage picks.

I've said it.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Ok, I'm going to toss some other, extra spicy stuff into this thread right now.

I think it's great that it exists. I'm totally understanding of why it's there, and that people are going to be attracted to it.

For those of you I play, I strongly dislike the Retrocade stage. After a few days of new wear off, I never want to play on the stage, and will contest Retocade stage picks.

I've said it.
Same, and I haven't even done an actual match on it yet (just while labbing Fujin). The whole stage is an eyesore with its stark contrast that's super distracting. I can't imagine it being fun to play on in an actual kompetitive match.

My download finished, I just did the patch instead of a full re-install. It took about 45 minutes and was over 20 GB.

I'll start playing soon.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Same, and I haven't even done an actual match on it yet (just while labbing Fujin). The whole stage is an eyesore with its stark contrast that's super distracting. I can't imagine it being fun to play on in an actual kompetitive match.
That's basically it. It is distracting on several levels. I wasn't a big fan of the infected stages in MKX, but the Sky Temple never bothered me even though it seem to be a big problem for a lot of people. This seems way more distracting. It's cool for what it is, but I'd rather it not be for serious play.

Raider

Noob
Looks like we didn't even get the balance changes or only some of them are not correct.

Also game freezed for me in the manu, literally had to restart my PC. This never happened before this update.

ToT not working at all...

Slymind

Noob
From the patch notes, i was lead to believe Nightwolf 221+3 was like a throw now, yet, in the training mode it is still being blocked? i don't get it.

Also, Kotal's tecuani's pounce should be minus 7, it still says minus 8 for me.

Hi all,

I'm planning to file a ticket with WBIE Support, get that process going. The install went fine for me, and my Benchmark ran perfectly. Toying around in Training Mode and the Krypt produced no performance issues either, thankfully.

Issues I am noticing:

• Towers of Time displays a server error and can not be accessed.
  • Klassic Towers displays a server error but will permit access without giving rewards or save data.
  • None of my Augments appear to be Unsocketed on my first post-patch login.
  • Many balance changes appear not to be in the game (Kitana's F2, 2, 2 being an example).
Are there another other common issues you guys are experiencing that I can add? This would need to be ones I could reproduce myself please.

Thanks.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
havn't bothers checking frame data, but all those things work fine for me.

Haunts

Noob
I was able to play the story mode for like 40 minutes and now the game keep crashing after getting to the menu screen lol.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Towers are down for me as well. I'm hoping I get credit for finally taking the time to be in the top 10% on towers, but I'm thinking I picked the wrong week to do it.

There are quite a few things that seem to be missing as far as frame data on PC.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It seems there's problems for some folks on PC. Frame data isn't changed to reflect changes, sudden crashes, etc. I haven't played it since downloading the patch, so I can't comment on any of that.
Hmm, I haven't any real problems so far. Some slow-down and stuttering in offline practice, but that's pretty normal for this game on PC, unfortunately...

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
It seems there's problems for some folks on PC. Frame data isn't changed to reflect changes, sudden crashes, etc. I haven't played it since downloading the patch, so I can't comment on any of that.
Only issue I ran into during my story run was weird half stutters during some cinematics. Otherwise, I havent noted any crashes, freezes, or other problems. As for the frame data not being updated; I'd love to say I'm shocked, but this is the PC port of an NRS game.

E

Eldriken

Only issue I ran into during my story run was weird half stutters during some cinematics. Otherwise, I havent noted any crashes, freezes, or other problems. As for the frame data not being updated; I'd love to say I'm shocked, but this is the PC port of an NRS game.
I'd say it's just NRS, period. lol

Their frame data has consistently been wrong in all of their games to some capacity. I to this day wonder how that happens.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Yeah, I wouldn't fully trust all the frame data on the new characters either. It's too hard to know how the updates were delivered to QLoc. If a batch of frame tweaks didn't make it over, then they could have also had changes for the new characters too. Given they were in active development, it's very likely even.

I haven't seen any official news on the thing to know the scope of how out of whack PC is with the consoles.