What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Anyone else having issues with some visual effects after the update? For example using Jade's staff, it flashes and glitches.
I tested tonight and so far, everything seems fine. I saw on Steam, you posted to try using Low Spark in the Dragon Grotto stage, by the candles, yes? I did that at both ends of the stage, and no white artifacting or anything odd seemed to happen.

What resolution are you playing at, and what nVidia drivers are you using? I'm playing in 1080p, and I have the 442.50 drivers.

Raider

Noob
1080p and i tested with latest 2 Nvidia drivers. I also tried reinstalling the game, it did nothing. But it looks like i am not the only one with these glitches after the update.

1080p and i tested with latest 2 Nvidia drivers. I also tried reinstalling the game, it did nothing. But it looks like i am not the only one with these glitches after the update.
Yeah, I've seen others mentioning it as well. Very odd, and I'm curious what would be causing it. I saw you mentioned you tried taking screenshots but they weren't coming through. Are you able to record a clip with nVidia Share?

For some reason the past couple of days Ive been having this problem with the 60fps Menu and Cinematics feature on PC:
Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Note: I always get 60 fps in game so I know its not a performance issue

Double Note: This also happens with the subtitles for intros, I have it enabled but it doesnt actually show in-game.

Zviko

Noob
They said they have issues in yesterday's patch notes. They are working on it.

We have temporarily disabled the 60 FPS MODE option, because we have seen graphical glitches with some characters, and we need a little more time to clean up the cinematics at 60 FPS. Due to this, the Krypt, Menu and Cinematics will remain at 30 FPS regardless of their setting chosen in the Options menu. This issue is now considered to be high priority to be fixed as soon as possible in a future update, which we hope to have out to you in the coming days. Thank you for understanding and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience that it may cause to some of you.

They said they have issues in yesterday's patch notes. They are working on it.

We have temporarily disabled the 60 FPS MODE option, because we have seen graphical glitches with some characters, and we need a little more time to clean up the cinematics at 60 FPS. Due to this, the Krypt, Menu and Cinematics will remain at 30 FPS regardless of their setting chosen in the Options menu. This issue is now considered to be high priority to be fixed as soon as possible in a future update, which we hope to have out to you in the coming days. Thank you for understanding and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience that it may cause to some of you.
Sweet thank you!

Raider

Noob
2nd time in a row we are getting wrong krypt even with wrong items! Spawn trial towers not available on PC, KL not displaying any items for new season... This is getting REALLY annoying.

2nd time in a row we are getting wrong krypt even with wrong items! Spawn trial towers not available on PC, KL not displaying any items for new season... This is getting REALLY annoying.
Doesn't that usually drop about 1:00 pm eastern (so in an hour and a half)?

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Are Towers of Time bugged out too? I'm missing the Tag and Character ones...

As for "getting really annoying", well...I just kinda go used to it and accepted it, finally, after close to a year lol.

Slymind

Noob
Are Towers of Time bugged out too? I'm missing the Tag and Character ones...

As for "getting really annoying", well...I just kinda go used to it and accepted it, finally, after close to a year lol.
Yeah, it's lacking one tower, and KL is not showing the main art for the season nor the Raiden's reward, but Spawn's turret is up, i just did it.

My question:

Are you able to buy the pack skins individually? i want that Kotal's new skin only.

Hey guys,

When you go to Fight>Online, on the main menu, does it not show the Season IX picture for you guys? And when you go and check the Season details, to the images of the new Kitana, Kung Lao, Cetrion, and Raiden skins not display for you guys either? I've never seen this before? Minor graphical glitches don't bother me, just curious if it's only me.

Also, I went to play Kombat League tonight, and wasn't getting any matches. This would be my first match of the Season. I know the PC version is mostly dominated by European players (Russian I think), so perhaps 7:00 pm eastern was too late/early for the normal player pool?

Not being able to get a match has never happened to me before.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Hey guys,

When you go to Fight>Online, on the main menu, does it not show the Season IX picture for you guys? And when you go and check the Season details, to the images of the new Kitana, Kung Lao, Cetrion, and Raiden skins not display for you guys either? I've never seen this before? Minor graphical glitches don't bother me, just curious if it's only me.

Also, I went to play Kombat League tonight, and wasn't getting any matches. This would be my first match of the Season. I know the PC version is mostly dominated by European players (Russian I think), so perhaps 7:00 pm eastern was too late/early for the normal player pool?

Not being able to get a match has never happened to me before.
I don't see the images either. Someone else asked me about it when the season started, so I seems like a common thing.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ah, I didn't know replays didn't work after a patch.
They never work after a version change. If absolutely no balance changes were made, then technically they could work between those two versions, but generally it's just a no go.

The replays rerun the match by replaying the button presses. If the game has changed, by say adding hitstun to a move, then any time that move was used would change the outcome of the replay. Basically, replaying buttons no longer guarantees the same outcome.

You have to video record a replay if you really wanted to keep it.

They never work after a version change. If absolutely no balance changes were made, then technically they could work between those two versions, but generally it's just a no go.

The replays rerun the match by replaying the button presses. If the game has changed, by say adding hitstun to a move, then any time that move was used would change the outcome of the replay. Basically, replaying buttons no longer guarantees the same outcome.

You have to video record a replay if you really wanted to keep it.
Good to know.

Interestingly, I actually do record all of my matches using nVidia Share.

Gaxkang

Banned
With the April 2nd update at least some folks will have to add (both) .exe's to exclusions with their anti-virus or those files will vanish and game won't work. :DOGE

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Jeez, this thread needs a necro!

Does anyone know if purchasing Aftermath on Humble does NOT give the pre-order skins? Humble doesn't give away pre-order keys and it also doesn't state so on Humble's MK11 Aftermath page.