What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Is there a way to intentionally desync the game or what? Because i swear someone just did it on me. Tbagging me after first game(applying that I was mashing down pokes apparently) then I beat him the next game and in the last one I read his grab, D2 KB him and D2 again for the finish but just before the second D2 game desynced. It was so obvious. Guys name is samij, level 95, plays Shao, 3.2k games. Sucks because I didn't get a win and he probably didn't get a loss either. And the worst thing about it, this stuff gets unpunished as well.

Edit: Actually not sure if I got the win or not. It says 3 win streak now when I backed out and in again. I wonder if he got the loss.
Who knows I have had crash to desktop in some really suspect spots while playing with friends. I just give people the benefit of the doubt because it has happened a bunch.

@Zviko Record your matches, upload them to YouTube. That way, they don't "get away" with such things, even if there is no affect on stats. It's there for the world to see and evaluate whether it was disconnect or not.

I'm not saying post matches specifically with the intention of shaming, but most your matches, good and bad, where interesting stuff happens.

Zviko

Noob
@Zviko Record your matches, upload them to YouTube. That way, they don't "get away" with such things, even if there is no affect on stats. It's there for the world to see and evaluate whether it was disconnect or not.

I'm not saying post matches specifically with the intention of shaming, but most your matches, good and bad, where interesting stuff happens.
They still "get away" with it because what exactly it's gonna happen? NRS is not going to ban them for this cause it's their fault this is even possible. If it's indeed possible...Sometimes it looks very suspicious.

They still "get away" with it because what exactly it's gonna happen? NRS is not going to ban them for this cause it's their fault this is even possible. If it's indeed possible...Sometimes it looks very suspicious.
If someone is established as an actual cheater/poor sport, people simply won't want to play with them. Videos can show actual proof of such bad behaviour instead of just going by word of mouth, and people can watch and try to decide if it was the person or the game actually desyncing.

I'm not sure if there's a way to block a player/report them on Steam like there is on Xbox LIVE. I suspect not for non-VAC games.

Zviko

Noob
If someone is established as an actual cheater/poor sport, people simply won't want to play with them. Videos can show actual proof of such bad behaviour instead of just going by word of mouth, and people can watch and try to decide if it was the person or the game actually desyncing.

I'm not sure if there's a way to block a player/report them on Steam like there is on Xbox LIVE. I suspect not for non-VAC games.
It was KL though. Want it or not, I have to play them if connection is "good enough". I would record but my PC is probably not good enough to record and play. I'm already playing on low settings.

E

Eldriken

Unbelievable, there's a 500MB patch on PC.
Awesome. I was wondering when the PC would get the patch the One and PS4 got the other day. Updating now. =O

Edit: Doesn't even have the patch notes for it yet. Damn.

New nVidia driver 442.50 is up and the notes claim that the MK11 CTD issue is fixed. Unfortunately it is Kombat League season and I don't want to risk my hard earned points to test it yet. Ever since I lowered my graphic settings I have had 0 crashes. As much as I want to believe that it really is fixed, I'm not ready to take some L's in case it's not.

Please share your experiences if you've updated already!

Raider

Noob
Tried playing few casual online matches got desync or "the game session is no longer available" 3 times in a row!! What kind of mess is this??

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Tried playing few casual online matches got desync or "the game session is no longer available" 3 times in a row!! What kind of mess is this??
Not had issues on PC, but that was my experience on PS4 the other day. Then the next day it was fine. I keep feeling like some days my internet turns out to be the problem. Like one or more of my many devices is doing some updates, or a computer is downloading Windows updates without me even knowing.

When does that happen? How much bandwidth does that use? I'm pretty sure none of my devices care that I'm playing a game on something else and it's impacting my experience. Most of the time my internet is perfect, but some days it gets a little weird a little too often.

I'm not saying this is your situation, but when I see a lot of disconnects when I normally don't, I'm starting to think about my house and ISP as being potential factors instead of assuming people are RQ'ing or the game is freaking out.

I just finished building my first pc. I already have the game on ps4 and Switch. Is the pc port at least decent or is it another shit show?
Mortal Kombat 11 is an excellent port on PC. The biggest downer is patches tend to come a week-ish later than on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, similar to the Switch. The community for it is also smaller and there's no crossplay (though we hope it'll be added at some point).

The PC version also has the option to have Intros and Special Moves (Krushing and Fatal Blows) play at 60 FPS, and the Krypt can run at 60 FPS on higher systems as well. There's a few additional graphic options as well not available on consoles.

The system you built, what are its specs? Note that for the PC version, some users have been having issues with DualShock 4 Controllers causing the game to randomly crash. This is not 100% confirmed though.

Hello people. I need help. Playing MK11 on PC with ps4 gamepad through DS4windows i run into situation like that - I press buttons as a simple string like Raidens b12, in the lab it is shown on the left side "left", "square", "triangle" but only back 1 comes out. It never happens when i am playing MKX on my PC. Can anyone help? It havent happen before i think last or previous big patch

EDIT: I founs a solution. Need to go to C:\Users\«UserName»\AppData\Local\MK11 find the file UserSettings.ini and add 2 lines
find DirectInput = on
make DirectInput = off

Worked just fine for me.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Hello people. I need help. Playing MK11 on PC with ps4 gamepad through DS4windows i run into situation like that - I press buttons as a simple string like Raidens b12, in the lab it is shown on the left side "left", "square", "triangle" but only back 1 comes out. It never happens when i am playing MKX on my PC. Can anyone help? It havent happen before i think last or previous big patch
Why do you use DS4windows, it works perfectly fine with Steam.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
More specifically, the pad works natively with the game with Steam's controller mappings forced off. The main reason to use an external mapper would be if it's faster and introduces less latency.

Wired anyway. Not sure about using BT .

I didn't think I would ever notice the overhead on steams controller mapping until I stopped using it.

One day windows freaked out and my cheap controller board mappings were all different across different games and everything required custom mapping. I plugged in a Brooks board instead, turned off all my steam controller mapping (where possible) and stuff did feel more responsive.

Maybe it was in my head but that is something people say is something they work around and use that program to lower latency with.

E

Eldriken

I don't care if Windows, Steam, etc all support plug-and-play with a DS4. I will always use DS4 Windows when using a controller on my PC.

I just prefer it since I've always used it. It's never let me down before, so why stop using it?

Different strokes.

As for the issue you're having, OP. I...have no idea. Never ran into that issue with MK11.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'd be curious if they could do the sequence on keyboard or another controller. There isn't a lot of context beyond in training, but my first instinct would be to think it's string timing. But Raidens b12 isn't near as picky as a lot of strings that would swallow inputs for timing issues, which makes that sound less likely.

Thank you guys. I found a decision, adding to usersettings.ini two lines, it solved the problem, so its definitely a PC version issue. I'll edit my post with details for anyone whoever runs into the same problem, later in the evening when I get back home

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
Anyone else having issues with some visual effects after the update? For example using Jade's staff, it flashes and glitches.