What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I know.. The mod is from way back.. People still use it for some reason. The 60fps fix in settings was a post release patch. This is why the mod fucks everything up..

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
The mod is a complete waste of time all it does is make the cut sequences 60fps.. This also in-syncs the audio on fast machines. It has zero effect on game play. It is a mod for pc loosers that do not understand why the fatal blow and fatalities are 30fps... It also dsyncs the roll back and can cause bad "hit box" errors.. Or at least what looks like it
Hey, alright. I notice a markedly better performance out of the game with it active but I guess I'm a PC loser. Good to know.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Doing the thing where it takes 3 times longer to install than to download. I got to try it on PS4 so it's whatever, but it's a super annoying thing on pc.

Doing the thing where it takes 3 times longer to install than to download. I got to try it on PS4 so it's whatever, but it's a super annoying thing on pc.
I take it that it's unpacking.

In about an hour, I'm going to go start my install. Wrapping some things up for work(from home).

Raider

Noob
Reason why i uninstalled it and downloaded the game after the patch went live. Everything finished in less than one hour.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Reason why i uninstalled it and downloaded the game after the patch went live. Everything finished in less than one hour.
I think it did it to me the first time I ever downloaded the game though. I thought it was some security unpacking nonsense and would have guessed it would be worse with a larger download. I don't know that to be true, and I'm in so it's whatever at this point.

Jynks

The mod is a port of the mkx mod that added a "fix" to the 30fps cap to fatalities and xrays after some of the pc community had a freak out when they saw the fps drop as looser master racers only care about the frame rate not understanding how games actually work. This is why it came out so fast and also why it was not needed at all.

As for a supposed improvement.. I doubt it. My take is it would be a dillusion. You get this a lot with modders. You install a AI patch to Civilisation 6 so there for it is better AI.. When in most cases it is the opposite.. But as they have DONE something they feel and think there is a difference.

Either way the mod is there to try if you want to

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The mod is a port of the mkx mod that added a "fix" to the 30fps cap to fatalities and xrays after some of the pc community had a freak out when they saw the fps drop as looser master racers only care about the frame rate not understanding how games actually work. This is why it came out so fast and also why it was not needed at all.

As for a supposed improvement.. I doubt it. My take is it would be a dillusion. You get this a lot with modders. You install a AI patch to Civilisation 6 so there for it is better AI.. When in most cases it is the opposite.. But as they have DONE something they feel and think there is a difference.

I'm miss reading here so I'm redacting, but do we really need to turn this into a master race discussion?

While I absolutely agree people freaking out over 30 FPS non-interactive cutscenes is silly, I don't see a need to be so derogatory about it in this thread since no one is freaking out or being rude at all.

Having said that, I typically advise against most third party mods.

Jynks

Yeah I'm on my phone while the wife plays and this site is strange I can't see the text so may be hard to read lol

Zviko

Noob
Is the patch on PC bugged? People are saying Liu's 12 should be -2 now and it is on PS4 but not on PC, still +3. Lao's F21 is still -13. Nightwolf's 22 1+3 is not a throw as it should be but still acts the same....

Jynks

Platforms do not suddenly excuse some people from being idiots. The only generalisation is someone thinking I'm talking about all pc users.

E

Eldriken

Platforms do not suddenly excuse some people from being idiots. The only generalisation is someone thinking I'm talking about all pc users.
All. Some. What difference does it make? It was pointless to even bring up in such a fashion.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Is the patch on PC bugged? People are saying Liu's 12 should be -2 now and it is on PS4 but not on PC, still +3. Lao's F21 is still -13. Nightwolf's 22 1+3 is not a throw as it should be but still acts the same....
They are different. That kinda sucks. Makes me think PC might not have gotten a batch changes merged in. Last time that happen it took a long time before it was fixed.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
My intention was not to start a derailing like this. I will simply run a comparison for myself when I get home and update my client. If the mod is superfluous I would have 0 problem not hitting one shortcut on my desktop when I launch the game lol