kitana
kotal kahn
jason
ferra/torr
reptile
shinnok
liu kang
goro

I edited the list a bit to reflect my own opinion on what the tier list. I definitely do not have erron black placing so high, he has some glaring weaknesses that the rest of the S tier do not have. Quan chi is good and has huge defensive problems of his own, and there are ways to defend against the high low mixup as well.

Also as far as S+ and C tier i believe neither exist. C tier would have to be sheeva mk9 level with most of her matchups being 7-3 to exist in this game. They are lower on the totem here because they have a harder time vs some of the best characters not because they struggle vs most characters.

As far as the A and B squad i agree for the most part.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I edited the list a bit to reflect my own opinion on what the tier list. I definitely do not have erron black placing so high, he has some glaring weaknesses that the rest of the S tier do not have. Quan chi is good and has huge defensive problems of his own, and there are ways to defend against the high low mixup as well.

Also as far as S+ and C tier i believe neither exist. C tier would have to be sheeva mk9 level with most of her matchups being 7-3 to exist in this game. They are lower on the totem here because they have a harder time vs some of the best characters not because they struggle vs most characters.

erron black B tier? seriously?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
S+
dvorah
raiden
erron black

S
quan chi
cassie cage
kung jin
scorpion
Tanya

S -
sonya blade
KENSHI

A+
Jax

A
johnny cage
sub-zero
ermac
kung lao
jacqui briggs

B
reptile
takeda
kano
mileena
kotal kahn
jason
ferra/torr
shinnok
liu kang

C
goro
kitana

@GGA pimpimjim I basically have the exact same except I created an S- and A+ for characters that are kind of in between.

The real Issue is that there is an S+ and S tier. S+ and S tiers mean that these characters are SIGNIFICANTLY stronger then the rest of the cast. The top 10 need to drop from S+/S/S- to A+ and then this might be one of the best games ever made when it comes to having string characters with competitive balance.

I think breaking the S class into so many parts doesn't make sense man, S+ would be a character who 7-3's most of the cast would it not? And whats the point of S-? Less than perfect?

Some characters core kits can be adjusted a bit but i don't think that there are any god characters in this game, just near perfect characters like D'vorah and Raiden, low risk high reward.

Since it seems to be a common opinion about Erron black, i'm interested in hearing what makes him S+?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Yo that Kitana placement

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Yes, why would he b S+ tier? Because he has 50/50s?

We have one guy winning with him, one.
But he's winning with him isn't he?

Character has a ton of great tools. Only thing he lacks is the ridiculous damage that d'vorah and raiden have.

Or are you also going to argue that Batgirl isn't stupid too only because you also only have one guy winning with her?

Zephyrus

You have even less people winning with more then 3/4s of the other characters in the game. What is everyone on that D'Vorah is now miraculously the best character in the game
She was already VERY strong but she was ignored in favor of other more appealing characters.

The other characters got nerfed and d'vorah wasn't, which in turn made d'vorah even stronger.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
Imo I feel that post hotfix changes.....

Kung Lao and Kenshi to S
Jacqui to B
Liu Kang to B
Scorpion to S+
I feel that Takeda can be A tier (Factoring buffs to 1, D1, Low Slash in Lasher and Whip Trip) but Im still debating that one myself

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I agree with this mostly, except I would swap Cassie and Jax, move Lao up to just beneath Tanya, and have both Liu and Shinnock just beneath reptile.

So it would look something like this:

S+
dvorah
raiden
erron black

S
quan chi
jax
kung jin
scorpion
sonya blade
cassie cage
tanya
kung lao

A
kenshi
johnny cage
sub-zero
ermac
jacqui briggs

B
reptile
shinnok
liu kang
takeda
kano
mileena
kotal kahn
jason
ferra/torr

C
goro
kitana

For the record I feel that Kenjutsu Kenshi has the ability to crack top 10 if not top 5 once his stuff is gotten more consistently. Sonya special forces also seems underexplored and broken as fuck.

Zephyrus

Imo I feel that post hotfix changes.....

Kung Lao and Kenshi to S
Jacqui to B
Liu Kang to B
Scorpion to S+
I feel that Takeda can be A tier (Factoring buffs to 1, D1, Low Slash in Lasher and Whip Trip) but Im still debating that one myself
Liu Kang is ass. He has pressure but he can't capitalize on it. His 50/50 is laughable. All your damage is gone once they block low and best you'll do is hit b2 for a 7% overhead which is ass outside of the corner.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
She was already VERY strong but she was ignored in favor of other more appealing characters.

The other characters got nerfed and d'vorah wasn't, which in turn made d'vorah even stronger.
It's just random flavour of the month. I saw the best character in the game yesterday getting destroyed by Tanya and pressured like gods know what by Jax

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Dude.. when characters start getting nerfed and buffed you have to touch them all. SZ had no one winning with him and he was considered unbeatable and was nerfed.
Of course tom, but were they right about him?
Erron black is going to be a total shit piece if he starts getting exponential nerfs for being at the top of the totem pole.

But it's up to the majority, not the words of a few.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
"Kung Jin doesn't have safety anymore" *sigh* Didn't we already debunk this completely false and nonsense claim right after the patch? His half screen 50/50 is safe against 95% of the cast.

Props though for some of the most hilarious and ridiculous downplaying I've seen in a while.
Half-screen? Friendly reminder that Kung Jin has to be within the range of what most 50/50s cover to actually fully convert from said mixups.

I don't play KJ, nor are any of my characters able to directly punish him for them, but I thought we got over this trivial crap a month ago.