What's new

Online MKX Top 10 Tier List

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
If you lose to Mileena online via ball rolls and F3, you're losing to it offline. Unless y'all have super crappy internet connections, there is just no way you should be getting caught by that. Ball roll is 8f - up close, its a beast. F3 is 33f ... online it felt like 56f when I played.

I just don't get the Mileena is good online notion. Maybe you guys have trouble with that matchup but I will say if you're losing to a ball rolling, f3 Mileena than it may be just you. No disrespect intended, y'all are probably better than me but online Mileena is handicapped severely compared to an offline Mileena.

Edit: And Ermac is #1 to me. I could never get to him online.
i started believing this from you mileena players then i saw one beat saltface and i knew that it was bullshit stop saying that we will lose to it offline bro that just wont happen.

Matix218

Get over here!
my favorite thing to do with milenna ex ball roll and then ex ball roll because people are very late with their punishes
Prime example of lag strats. They are not late with the punish the online is so laggy that their punish wont come out before your second ex roll. Stuff like this is what makes online unbearable. It is literally not even remotely the same game as offline...

E

Eldriken

d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3

YOLO ROLL YOLO ROLL YOLO ROLL ROLO YOLL YOLL ROLO

d4d4d4d4d4d4d4d4d4d4d4d4

TELEPORT TELEPORT TELEPORT TELEPORT (Shinnok)

JUMP JUMP JUMPING BEAN JUMP JUMP BEANING JUMP

TamedLizard

Buff George
Anyone with a dumb NJP

Raiden
Quan
Predator
Takeda

Njp njp d3 d3 infinities all day
Just to add to this list - Kung Jin and Ferra/Torr.

I'm not quite sure why Mileena's roll punish is hard to execute tbh. I can punish it just about every time and when I can't is (obviously) when they use it mid-combo.

And I sure as hell don't have internet to brag about. Is it a slow string startup thing?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Aka the list that matters A - LOT... thank god this was put up i thought the 50 frames of lag fighting / anti- A... (jk LOL) sonya were just me.. i knew it was a bad ONLINE matchup sheesh what a relief:DOGE

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Says the Mileena player:DOGE
Yeah...Mileena is an online god
Mileena is dumb online. You're just defending your main. I can bop mileena's offline no problem but her in lag. It's impossible to react to an 8 frame move.
Do you guys have videos of an online MIleena in god mode? I seriously would like to unlock that variation so I can be an online badass. I'm honestly really curious to see whats being done. Every Mileena I face, though I lose because I overthink mirror matches, hasn't been overpowering at all. I didn't try to punish it but d2 will get them away from rolling quickly. Then it'll normally frustrate them into a telekick and another d2. We all know online and offline plays differently so why attempt an offline tactic online in less than admirable conditions? Why not d2 them until they decide to play Mortal Kombat? And I know someone will hit me with a "we should be able to use offline tactics online" but by now it is what it is. I'm still honestly curious to seeing this video of Mileena in rare form. I really hope to run into those Mileenas in offline tournaments/casuals because I really need some easy wins in my life lol.

Cerebru

Noob
Is no secret that in MKX, online is ass... Combos are harder to execute, spacing and footsi is difficult to utilize with lag, Anti air's are harder to utilize, and punishing becomes very difficult with some characters.

With that said, what are the characters that can capitalize and reign in the online Jell-o the most?

My picks would be:

1. Quan Chi Summoner (Unblockable Vortex in Lag)

2. Brain Dead Bone Scraper Shinnok (Sparks with his other zoning is stupid, as well as his vortex. Overhead is near unpunishable online)

3. Kung Lao Tempest (Stagger String Pressure.... Stagger String Pressure for dayzzzzzzz, and jumpers)

4. Mindless Sonya Blade All Variations (50/50 on everything, hard to armor through, lag is so bad that after a 50/50 she gets ANOTHER 50/50 with her military stance)

5. Kitana Royal Storm/ Mournful (Zoning is extraordinarily difficult to maneuver around in online, especially against Kitana who capitalizes on mistakes from people trying to evade her zoning.

6. Un-punishable Mileena (She is definitely punishable, but in online suddenly blocked ballroll into exball roll is a thing)

7. Liu Kang All Variations (Pseudo block strings and descent zoning in lag. I say no more)

8 Tanya Pyromancer (Jump back and zone for days. So hard to catch in lag)

9. Raiden Master of the Strom (Huge active frames with his 21 stagger string I think it is, and just a good character)

10. Takeda Ronin YOLO instant Air Chain Grab (Any negative string into njp)

What are your picks?
Lol Raiden 21 gives you trouble bro.... I almost though this was legit. Takeda though?
Anyone with a dumb NJP

Raiden
Quan
Predator
Takeda

Njp njp d3 d3 infinities all day
Then practice punishing wiffed jump attempts. Leggo of block and get your free knock down.

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Scorpion. You can't block him on reaction and some ONLINE MASTERS are using f4 demon grab or b3 spear.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lol Raiden 21 gives you trouble bro.... I almost though this was legit. Takeda though?

Then practice punishing wiffed jump attempts. Leggo of block and get your free knock down.
this is an online tier list remember? easier said than done.

And what do you mean "let go of block and get your free knockdown"?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Do you guys have videos of an online MIleena in god mode? I seriously would like to unlock that variation so I can be an online badass. I'm honestly really curious to see whats being done. Every Mileena I face, though I lose because I overthink mirror matches, hasn't been overpowering at all. I didn't try to punish it but d2 will get them away from rolling quickly. Then it'll normally frustrate them into a telekick and another d2. We all know online and offline plays differently so why attempt an offline tactic online in less than admirable conditions? Why not d2 them until they decide to play Mortal Kombat? And I know someone will hit me with a "we should be able to use offline tactics online" but by now it is what it is. I'm still honestly curious to seeing this video of Mileena in rare form. I really hope to run into those Mileenas in offline tournaments/casuals because I really need some easy wins in my life lol.
Look at saltfaces twith its SaltyQuinn its a hill mostly semi decent mileenas but theres one SUPER online mileenaa he goes on like a 10 winstreak and then when you realise youre wrong apologise its a broadcast from 12 days ago its like 5 hours 40 mins long the online mileenas gt is II bryan II i think

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Aggressive characters with a risky 50/50 benefit immeasurably online

I'd say top Ermac & Quan Chi are online gods I think, closely followed by DVorah and Raiden, although Flame Fist LK gets a mention for being really hard to deal with, overtaking DF under virtue of lag. Lag also is much better dealt with by some characters than others, notably Kenshi & Kitana, but also Pyromancer, HQT & Tremor D L C B O Y S

The Mileena hate isn't something I'll understand, shes actually really punishable even online :s unlike ermac

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think he meansd trip guard with b2 bc you play liu? Not sure though
ok...but thats the whole problem with NJP they are too good in too many situations that make no sense.

for example:
wakeup ia NJP
counter poke
after a negative string

Its so good because even if it doesn't work and you get hit...it messes up the juggle and the conversion is hard. Even on block it is plus with pushback so there is very little downside.

soooooo dumb

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
ok...but thats the whole problem with NJP they are too good in too many situations that make no sense.

for example:
wakeup ia NJP
counter poke
after a negative string

Its so good because even if it doesn't work and you get hit...it messes up the juggle and the conversion is hard. Even on block it is plus with pushback so there is very little downside.

soooooo dumb
Completely agree with this. Why did they make njp so godlike? lol