What's new

Online MKX Top 10 Tier List

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you lose, blame lag
This is all most of the "netcode" complaints are imo. People see others complaining about netcode and they all join in... "yeah, that's why I lost too!" That way, it's never your own fault for losing.

Is the online the best in the world? Hell no.

Is it playable? Yes.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Ok why am I tagged in here & what the hell is going on?
Mileena is considered an online goddess. I asked for video because I didn't understand. Was told to watch your stream. Watched your stream and didn't see anything to bad. I chalked it up to guys being salty. Your mans and em is on some Meek Mill emotional shxt so he tagged you for back up.

Long story short.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
This is all most of the "netcode" complaints are imo. People see others complaining about netcode and they all join in... "yeah, that's why I lost too!" That way, it's never your own fault for losing.

Is the online the best in the world? Hell no.

Is it playable? Yes.
My last post addressing this was a little tl;dr, but have you ever considered that maybe some people have more issues than others, hence the division between those (like myself) who suffer intense input delay and frame loss (although the game generally appears to be moving at normal speed for me, the frame loss and input delay becomes apparent when trying to connect even the simplest of combos), and those who seem to have none or very minimal issues with input delay and frame loss?

I think considering this argument prevents this thread, and potentially future discussion on the matter, from turning into a "he said, she said, he's a scrub who needs to git gud, he's an online warrior who thinks his record means anything" discussion.

And before you say it, I am on a wired connection, open NAT, and whenever a game is kind enough to measure my ping, it averages out at 20, which is godlike. MKX is the only game that gives me problems.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
My last post addressing this was a little tl;dr, but have you ever considered that maybe some people have more issues than others, hence the division between those (like myself) who suffer intense input delay and frame loss (although the game generally appears to be moving at normal speed for me, the frame loss and input delay becomes apparent when trying to connect even the simplest of combos), and those who seem to have none or very minimal issues with input delay and frame loss?

I think considering this argument prevents this thread, and potentially future discussion on the matter, from turning into a "he said, she said, he's a scrub who needs to git gud, he's an online warrior who thinks his record means anything" discussion.

And before you say it, I am on a wired connection, open NAT, and whenever a game is kind enough to measure my ping, it averages out at 20, which is godlike. MKX is the only game that gives me problems.
20s not gdlk i have like 5 - 10 in eu servers which would be like 8 and i still experience what you have described

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
20s not gdlk i have like 5 - 10 in eu servers which would be like 8 and i still experience what you have described
20 is indeed godlike. 5-10 is like whatever god god bows to like, lol.

But there we go. A second person, like myself, who has a perfectly ideal connection for online gaming, yet somehow experiences MKX like they are running WIFi off of a 56k modem.

The struggle is real.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Mileena is considered an online goddess. I asked for video because I didn't understand. Was told to watch your stream. Watched your stream and didn't see anything to bad. I chalked it up to guys being salty. Your mans and em is on some Meek Mill emotional shxt so he tagged you for back up.

Long story short.
Mileena is considered a goddes online due to the fact that her normally easily & unsafe moves that are easily punishable offline are not so easily and allows for much more reckless play that would never "work" in the offline environment. And as for the guy that got a game off of me in the mirror...if you want me to be truthful I play in a simple way & I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that once I punish you hard for something at least twice that you won't be dumb enough to do it again but that guy was & it caught me a little off guard. Now once I decided that he's just gonna play stupid I treated him like a dummy & just kept letting kill himself.

Honestly this is why I hate playing online against people sometimes. They take it way too seriously & it's not the ideal training environment unless you are learning how to crush noob tatitcs.

Cerebru

Noob
this is an online tier list remember? easier said than done.

And what do you mean "let go of block and get your free knockdown"?
this is an online tier list remember? easier said than done.

And what do you mean "let go of block and get your free knockdown"?
But 21 pressure? online? so your telling me Raiden has 21 pressure? lol I wish it worked for me... Ok how to you handle a neutral jump... ex whatever works for your character. Time it pray for a little lag spike. But yes, leggo of block don't ex to early if so you will be taking for the ride, but you know this, i know YOU know this. You're absolutely right I guess it is easier said than done. I really don't want to rant about online right now.

NRS should let you pick character variations based on mk9 . Gimme Cage's mk9 pressure. You guy's think you have it bad now online.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
But 21 pressure? online? so your telling me Raiden has 21 pressure? lol I wish it worked for me... Ok how to you handle a neutral jump... ex whatever works for your character. Time it pray for a little lag spike. But yes, leggo of block don't ex to early if so you will be taking for the ride, but you know this, i know YOU know this. You're absolutely right I guess it is easier said than done. I really don't want to rant about online right now.
I have no idea what you're talking about

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
my favorite thing to do with milenna ex ball roll and then ex ball roll because people are very late with their punishes
You are pretty disrespectful if you do this against people from TYM.

I expect this from randoms because they don't know better. But when someone knows that this is only BS that he can get away with online and still does it, I find that extremely disrespectful. Might as well stop playing with him.

Cerebru

Noob

I expect this from randoms because they don't know better. But when someone knows that this is only BS that he can get away with online and still does it, I find that extremely disrespectful. Might as well stop playing with him.
MUST WIN AT ALL COST

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose

I wouldn't find it disrespectful, personally.

When you win doing insane online bullshit that you know to be bullshit, the only person you are hurting is yourself. Just wait until these guys show up at a local and get wrecked, because they knowingly exploited online bullshit and never learned any real fighting game skills.

The key is just to not take online seriously. The only reasons I still play online are to keep in touch with online buddies, to keep off the rust between my one or two offline locals a week, and to continue to build familiarity with various matchups.

Online is so broken that I literally do not care whether I win or lose. It is completely irrelevant to me, and any emotional or logical connection I would have made between my wins or losses online and my personal assessment of my overall level of skill has been completely severed.

So you expect me to believe that Liu Kang, who has hands down the highest execution in this game is better online than offline? That's odd. Because, for some reason, some players are able to simply armor though my block strings.

Also, stop hopping on the bandwagon.

The only characters that is completely and utterly broken online is Sonya!.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
That's not lag actually. That's just Sonya's pressure game all the time.

Also, do not attempt to armor through the 50/50 in most cases. She's -8 if she does a "exist stance" cancel and if your armor move can't punish that you are in trouble. She can also have no gap if she goes with her low option, which means you need to guess she's going for the overhead- in which case, since it's punishable. You might as well just block it and not waste the meter.
Sonya is so stupid. I thought you could njp when she goes into military stance?

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
:coffee: note to self start putting doge faces on obviously sarcastic things, god forbid people learn how take a joke.

Sonya is so stupid. I thought you could njp when she goes into military stance?
Don't njp, cartwheel will catch you, the best thing to do is just fuzzy from down up. If you get hit with the throw, oh well at least you're not being combo'ed. It's best just do armor from b+1,4 since that's the most negative move she has and b+33 is safe.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Ermac explodes into being top 5 online with his safe vortex, safe pokes, and impossible to AA jump attacks.

Shinnok, Kung Rao, Raiden, Takeda, and Scorpion are super online characters.

Also Cybernetic is also 100 times better online.
lol nothing like d4xxdf2 unpunishable pressure in cybernetic online