What's new

Online MKX Top 10 Tier List

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Look at saltfaces twith its SaltyQuinn its a hill mostly semi decent mileenas but theres one SUPER online mileenaa he goes on like a 10 winstreak and then when you realise youre wrong apologise its a broadcast from 12 days ago its like 5 hours 40 mins long the online mileenas gt is II bryan II i think
Shit I thought you were talking about me lmao.

ATIWAB

Noob
You forgot Ronin Takeda that has an instant air chain grab.
What the hell are you even talking about, here?

If you mean Air Spear, that's Shirai Ryu, not Ronin. It isn't "instant," it's extremely easy to telegraph, very punishable on block and rarely ever even hits correctly due to fucked up hurtbox unless you've already juggled them. If you're getting hit by raw Air Spear, even online, it's a LTP issue.

If you want to complain about online Takeda, at least talk about how the B21-kunai is hard to react to or something, not some bullshit about air spear..

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
I honestly never have any problems with Melina. I love picking slasher jason against her and punishing every ball and tpk that isn't made safer with Sai throw. Ironically ermac and scorpion give me fits. Ermac and his d3, Scorpion and his air kicks, and both teleports. The teleports are hit and miss.
But seriously I wonder why I don't see more hqt complaints. I can get away with murder in the corner with 3,2 low laser, or d4 low laser. Plus the zoning lol.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
But seriously I wonder why I don't see more hqt complaints. I can get away with murder in the corner with 3,2 low laser, or d4 low laser. Plus the zoning lol.
My guess would be that, along with Summoner Quan's vortex, these moves take actual skill to perform. Yes, HQT's cancels and Summoner's vortex are even more ridiculously hard to block online, but at least you know the person performing them knows how to play the game.

Most people don't mind being defeated by a better player using viable tactics. They do, however, get upset when they lose to a lesser player who is completely oblivious to the fact that he/she just won the round because lag.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Online Quan Chis: Wake up njp every time!
Boneshaper shinnok: d1 after -5 and -4!
Ermac: d3 into low or overhead.
Sonya: safe 25/25/25/25s and unpunishable arc kicks.

I knocked someone down and went for a jump in so it hits right when they get up. But instead, their wakeup njp hits me before my jump in hit. How is that possible when my jump in was about to hit even before they got up. Ed boon, you failed us with this netcode

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
i dont chat shit because im in a clan trust i always chat shit clan or not and it may seem like he "applied the pressure needed" when in all actuality he was playing in an easy to recognise pattern and pressing buttons when hes at disadvantage, also he didnt "roll when he saw a whiff" he rolled 80% on wakeup and 20% out of nowhere. The guy had a shit connection and abused the frame delay end of story and if you cant see that im sorry but i dont think you know the game well.
If this is always you, make sure you keep that same energy if we're ever at the same offline tournament.

Starting to see how TYM works. If you lose, blame lag and bitch. Ask for buffs and nerfs. Post how you'll never play this game again. Play the game anyway. Rinse and repeat.

When Saltface beat the dude I didn't hear ish about lag. Y'all were just salty y'all were losing on stream to a dude y'all probably didn't know. It happens to the best of us. Again, y'all are probably better than me but I have to call a spade a spade and it just seemed like a bunch of saltiness. That cat could've beaten that Shinnok playing like that offline as well. Sonya dropped some things, should've won. Eternal Love played well. Saltface stopped sleeping on him and beat him. Blaming Mileena just doesn't fit the bill to me when it comes to the best online characters.

But I'm done with this. I'll just accept Mileena is an "online goddess" -- at least we're #1 at something

4. Mindless Sonya Blade All Variations (50/50 on everything, hard to armor through, lag is so bad that after a 50/50 she gets ANOTHER 50/50 with her military stance)
That's not lag actually. That's just Sonya's pressure game all the time.

Also, do not attempt to armor through the 50/50 in most cases. She's -8 if she does a "exist stance" cancel and if your armor move can't punish that you are in trouble. She can also have no gap if she goes with her low option, which means you need to guess she's going for the overhead- in which case, since it's punishable. You might as well just block it and not waste the meter.

Zedzs

Shaolin
1. Erron Black
2. Shinnok
3. Er mac 'n' cheese
4. Cassie Cage
5. Lord Lao
6. Lord Jin
7. Sonya
8. Anyone mashing D3
9. Sonya
10. Lord Kang

Is no secret that in MKX, online is ass... Combos are harder to execute, spacing and footsi is difficult to utilize with lag, Anti air's are harder to utilize, and punishing becomes very difficult with some characters.

With that said, what are the characters that can capitalize and reign in the online Jell-o the most?

My picks would be:

1. Quan Chi Summoner (Unblockable Vortex in Lag)

2. Brain Dead Bone Scraper Shinnok (Sparks with his other zoning is stupid, as well as his vortex. Overhead is near unpunishable online)

3. Kung Lao Tempest (Stagger String Pressure.... Stagger String Pressure for dayzzzzzzz, and jumpers)

4. Mindless Sonya Blade All Variations (50/50 on everything, hard to armor through, lag is so bad that after a 50/50 she gets ANOTHER 50/50 with her military stance)

5. Kitana Royal Storm/ Mournful (Zoning is extraordinarily difficult to maneuver around in online, especially against Kitana who capitalizes on mistakes from people trying to evade her zoning.

6. Un-punishable Mileena (She is definitely punishable, but in online suddenly blocked ballroll into exball roll is a thing)

7. Liu Kang All Variations (Pseudo block strings and descent zoning in lag. I say no more)

8 Tanya Pyromancer (Jump back and zone for days. So hard to catch in lag)

9. Raiden Master of the Strom (Huge active frames with his 21 stagger string I think it is, and just a good character)

10. Takeda Ronin YOLO instant Air Chain Grab (Any negative string into njp)

What are your picks?
you are spot on! with that list I would put Lag Tactic Liu higher on that list considering that d3 randomly connects into f4 string even if you watch the replay after the match and u did block low after being hit with that d3 f4 gets you... thats uber bullshit, also a honorific mention to lacer predators random advantajes and pseudo wall block infinites if you dont have armor. Oh not to mention reptiles d3 into b2 randomly connection same as liu kangs lagtactic explained above.

I will make my list
1) Mileena
2) Liu Kang
3) Lacer Predator
4) Reptile
5) Takeda

EDIT: honor mention to "the brazilian lagomancer" in order to archive this award you need to be from brazil, play on one of their 56k ~ 256k connections and pick cryo sub, only do slide into uppercut, somehow a blocked slide will be like +++ on block and if you try to punish you will eat an uppercut.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What the hell are you even talking about, here?

If you mean Air Spear, that's Shirai Ryu, not Ronin. It isn't "instant," it's extremely easy to telegraph, very punishable on block and rarely ever even hits correctly due to fucked up hurtbox unless you've already juggled them. If you're getting hit by raw Air Spear, even online, it's a LTP issue.

If you want to complain about online Takeda, at least talk about how the B21-kunai is hard to react to or something, not some bullshit about air spear..
Maybe you should read the first post in the thread at least before calling me out on being an idiot. I am fuckin' well aware Ronin Takeda doesn't have an "instant air chain". I was making fun of OP for saying that. It's sarcasm.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Well, since we are discussing annoying online shenanigans -

Reptile's OH (B2) kills me. Literally. I've lost matches because of the inconsistency in following that up with a combo. Even in the corner, which should not be a problem. That's probably my biggest complaint.

At least though, he's got fast advancing specials to escape corner pressure, reversal (Kotal's OH sword, Sub's Ice Hammer, blocked Inferno demons from a distance, ect), or punish.