What's new

Online Feedback and Discussion Thread

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I played about 50 matches on the psn and the lag was pretty bad. Maybe it's more noticeable with some characters than others. Aquaman for me was unplayable online. I found it impossible linking a 22~DB2, B12~DB2 MB. I also kept getting blown up on wakeup because tech roll inputs weren;t registering. Overall it was slightly better than MK9 but still pretty awful. Maybe it's better on xbox live.
I haven't tried out online yet (all I have done is story mode). If that connection is laggy than surely I am fucked.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Lets just say people have different oppinions of what is playable and what not.
Well, from me and plenty others coming from the shitty ass MK netcode, I'm thankful for what I get. And it's a lot better. People complain too much. They need to stop worrying about a silly little "input delay". I can do all my combos just fine. Sucks for you guys .

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Speak for yourself.

And get better internet.
Speak for yourself.

And get better internet.
The thing is I like to compare one thing to another in order to pass judgment on what I think is good. Compared to other fighting games (3s online/ggpo, sfxt and even sf4) in terms of input delay this game isn't as good. Shit people say they don't have any lag in a red bar connection in sf4 so long as they don't see skipping frames.

I have a very fast Internet connection. Other games that play well online don't just magically fix it. I'm stating my opinion of what good online play is. I may have a different standard than you but it doesn't make my point invalid like you're implying.

Komatose

The Prettiest
The thing is I like to compare one thing to another in order to pass judgment on what I think is good. Compared to other fighting games (3s online/ggpo and even sf4) in terms of input delay this game isn't as good. Shit people say they don't have any lag in a red bar connection in sf4 so long as they don't see skipping frames.

I have a very fast Internet connection. Other games that play well online don't just magically fix it.
Well what can I say? Work around the input delay lol. Jeez. You guys really make it sound like a big deal. It's not. At all.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Well what can I say? Work around the input delay lol. Jeez. You guys really make it sound like a big deal. It's not. At all.
Combos are only 1 part of the game and that's not what delay hurts the most, it kills anything reactionary which is a huge part of fighting games.

I'm not making a big deal of it, I think the online isn't good and I'm stating it just like the thread asked. If I'm making a big deal of anything it's fact that you're openly dismissing opinions of people criticizing the net code because you don't agree.

Hagen

Noob
Well, from me and plenty others coming from the shitty ass MK netcode, I'm thankful for what I get. And it's a lot better. People complain too much. They need to stop worrying about a silly little "input delay". I can do all my combos just fine. Sucks for you guys .
And again...

If the delay is constant it has no effect on your combos! Your muscle-memory doesnt care if the things on the screen happen a little delayed!
But your reflexes DO care and there is NO way to work around that.
It completely ruins the game if you cant anti-air, space correctly or simply block and punish.
There are plenty of games with excelent netplay...unfortunately
Injustice isnt one of them.

And its kinda annoying to have to explain that somebody who is able to do all the combos

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I played K7 and some random last night and it seemed fine.

Make sure you have a wired connection. Packet loss is what you want to avoid. Your bandwidth is going to be fine unless you're on dial up (obviously).

Again, the volume of data is easy to handle for almost all connections today. Packet loss is what will cause delay.

Problem is, you can't control if your opponent is wired or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
It doesn't feel laggy or anything, but I was having a lot of trouble landing certain combos that I was landing easily in practice/arcade.

Tldr emp villain is a fanboi. The game lags more than some other fighters but is better than mk9. Lag is input delay and not frame rate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
as long as you are wired you will find the netplay actually very good. Out of 60 matches i had yesterday only 4 were laggy

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Online seems fine! Smooth and no trouble finding "player" matches. I'm pretty sure rank will pick up once the game has been out a bit.

ALSO: Lack of Rage Quitting should be applauded.. I have only seen 2 in many matches.. So far so good!

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I've played 5 or 6 matches and I haven't lagged (even with my sub par connection). The inputs come out slowly, but I can get used to it.

I'm still bad, though. ;)

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
90% of my online matches have been rough. But I've only play around 30 and the majority of people in my country won't have the game until Friday so atm i'm playing people thousands of miles away. Hopefully combo's will be viable when i play against people in my own country.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Online seems fine! Smooth and no trouble finding "player" matches. I'm pretty sure rank will pick up once the game has been out a bit.

ALSO: Lack of Rage Quitting should be applauded.. I have only seen 2 in many matches.. So far so good!
I've played 18 games and 0 rage quits (one guy disconnected, but he was about to win so IDK what was up with that). It's amazing.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
All I can sat is this, I have played approximately 75 online matches and have yet to have a single disconnect. I have over 50 king of the hill wins without the lobby kicking everyone. If this were Mortal Kombat I would have around 20+ disconnects by now. The net code IMO is MUCH approved over MK9. I'm playing on the 360.

Also I have only had 2 laggy matches.

SoVi3t

Noob
online is a nightmare.

I go to training and pull off 15 hit combos with Black Adam, then go to online and can't even land 2,2, QCB1. Seriously, it's just as bad as early MK9.

I am hoping this is just temporary, as I heard MK9 got better. But i traded it in before I even got that far.

Almost every game I have played has basically ended up being both characters just fleeing to the other side of the screen, and throwing projectiles while the other person tries to jump with input lag, or they just bust out Harley/Joker/Deathstroke and just spam bullets.

I would say I have had maybe 10 matches out of about a hundred that were playable.

AA is useless when you have a couple of seconds of delay. Trying to link together big combos is useless when you cant even finish a simple three hit combo with a special move because of timing. Good luck trying to punish anything, when you have to wait 2 seconds for a fucking punch to come out.

SoVi3t

Noob
A couple of seconds of delay? are u playing on a dial up modem or something?
nope, wired cable modem. Like I said, some matches were worse than others. Some were absolutely fine, and that's where the game shines. But 90% of the strategy is gone when you can't punish, use big combos, AA, or properly avoid attacks.

I'd say half second to 2 seconds input delay on the bad matches though. I went and tried UMvC3 and SSFIV and Blazblue to see if it was my connection or XBL or anything, but I had no problems in those games.

This is almost exactly like MK9 was for me. Is it better than MK9? Sure. Is it good enough? Not even close.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I was playing with a guy from Canada (I'm from Finland myself) yesterday, and the connection was fine. I could pull off all my combos, even the trickier ones. My internet speed is average, nothing too great. Of course the games will lag if either of the players has a bad connection, you need to keep your expectations realistic. Seems miles better than MK netcode. I just hope there isn't random lag like MK, I sometimes couldn't play with people from the same city because it would lag out the instant we got into the character select screen.

tl;dr Yeah, it seems good.

So i've played ten plus matches now....and gotten some laggy ones....but also i've gotten some good ones with minimal input delay. Mostly though.....there was very noticeable input delay. Hence why winning online really doesnt mean much...even match ups r hard to judge. I think i did 50/50....but had to rely mostly on zoning and baiting to get a good strong 7 plus hit combo. It won't let me get over ten though....somewhere along the line it will fall apart. For the first week though....this games online shows promise. They just need to give more control to the player and some minor touch ups. Ya know, simply let u choose the ping ur looking for or the region....not sure why they don't have that.