What's new

Online Feedback and Discussion Thread

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The net code is almost as bad as mk9. Playing another player in the same state feels as if I'm playing coast to coast in a game with good net code. I'm really disappointed with how much input delay it has after all the shit they said about fixing it.

Hagen

Noob
*sigh*

why don't people get that lag is NOT equal to input delay???

the game doesn't LAG for me. it is very smooth without slow downs and stuttering caused by lag...

BUT (and that's a big BUT)
the INPUT DELAY is HUUUUGE!!!
go into training mode and movc your character back and forth, than go online and do the same. it will feel kinda underwater, kinda DELAYED....and than come back and tell me there is no difference!
It's unplayable!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Can anyone confirm whether or not "powered by Gamespy" pops up on startup on any of the versions? Would explain the seemingly miniscule improvement over MK9's online.

If they've managed to work their way backwards on how close the PS3 port is to the 360 version in contrast to MK9 then I don't see the Wii U version being any better sadly, but IIRC Mikemetroid has one, whether he got the game on Wii U or not, I'm not sure..
WiiU runs perfectly fine for everything except for online

-No Private Matches (this includes the practice mode)
-Matches frequently disconnect
-Ranked 1v1 for some reason always disconnects on the character select screen
-I'm currently #2 on the leaderboards and I only won 10 matches (#1 has 30 wins and 15 losses which most are from me).

I have my Wii in a DMZ (Meaning all of my Ports are open for it, so there shouldn't be an issue with me connection with anyone) and my internet dl/ul

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
90% of my online matches today have been completely playable. Ive been able to do full combos with ease. That's not to say you can't feel the lag. This game has tighter timing on combos unlike mk9 so it is a factor.

However...I CANNOT bitch. This is 10 times better than MK9.

Edit: I'm on PS3

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I played a few on psn, it's noticeably better than mk9. Input delay is still an issue, but it's definitely more playable within the context of consistency thus far

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Online for PSN felt good. I played 10 games. Had to adjust my input which I expected. I adapt, like I'm told to do by the "pros". Meanwhile I get to read them complain that NRS cannot replicate their perfect videogame playing environment. Time to practice what you preach.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
WiiU runs perfectly fine for everything except for online

-No Private Matches (this includes the practice mode)
-Matches frequently disconnect
-Ranked 1v1 for some reason always disconnects on the character select screen
-I'm currently #2 on the leaderboards and I only won 10 matches (#1 has 30 wins and 15 losses which most are from me).

I have my Wii in a DMZ (Meaning all of my Ports are open for it, so there shouldn't be an issue with me connection with anyone) and my internet dl/ul
Baffled as to why it doesn't have private matches (unless it's something to do with Nintendo Network's infrastructure in general that I haven't read about), and if you're already #2 then I doubt there's gonna be a big enough community on the Wii U version for NRS to give a shit about patching it sadly.

But I guess everything else is nothing out of the ordinary, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: one more thing actually, is there any evidence of it being region locked or not? It's not out in Europe until Friday though so you might be better off waiting until then lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The PS3 version of this game is kinda ehhh... maybe we should use 360 as the tourney standard for this game.
For a community that insists that we only choose a platform to play our games with months of collective and professional analysis on each and every problem throughout each version in our best interests, they're marking out a hell of a lot over this regarding a game that's been out less than 24 hours.

Just an observation.

But I would actually prefer this considering how many TEOs in the UK use 360s for any game regardless if there's an alternative version that runs on par with, if not better than it. *waves at TTT2*

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Baffled as to why it doesn't have private matches (unless it's something to do with Nintendo Network's infrastructure in general that I haven't read about), and if you're already #2 then I doubt there's gonna be a big enough community on the Wii U version for NRS to give a shit about patching it sadly.

But I guess everything else is nothing out of the ordinary, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: one more thing actually, is there any evidence of it being region locked or not? It's not out in Europe until Friday though so you might be better off waiting until then lol
I have no idea. I'm gonna guess that it is region locked just because of Nintendo's past.

I think NRS should be able to patch it because Nintendo offers free patches for it's games.

what many people fail to realise about lag, is the ammount of of dumb ass people i have fought in beat em ups online, if your downloading, uploading ect ect ect the game is gonna lag so fucking bad, so if ur downloading films to your pc, uploading photos to facebook, or anyone of your household, ie brothers sisters are sharing your connection on psn home or whatever else its gonna hugely impact ur connection for both players, so pause all thease, and tell ur relatives to leave ur home lol

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Playing several times on 360 ...comp off(lol)...
I have had no issues at all ,movement ,combo drops,lag...
Its all smooth ...opponents dropped twice ..don't know if its online or quits though...

Reedoms

Noob
I had some great games with no lag at all and then some with underwater kombat 2.0. I think it's definitely better than MK9 but still has some issues when it comes to long distance games.