What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Even the top SF players

He disrespects the game a lot in that interview. He literally says "it is the worst" and that he would play anything else that pays.

He is not the only one to express these feelings towards the game (out of the top players)
Ya bro you're gonna have to source that. He disrespects the balance 90% and then 10% towards saying it's simple.

It literally says in the time stamp before you watch the video "BONCHAN WANTS TO MAKE IT CLEAR HE DOESN'T DISLIKE SFV, HE JUST WANTS TO SEE IT IMPROVED. BONCHAN REALLY LIKES THE SFV'S CONCEPT IN GENERAL. LOOKING FWD / HOPEFUL FOR FUTURE.

Also saying "he would play anything else that pays" to the question of "do you play any other fighting games" because he's a professional gamer who plays games for money, it's his job. Needless to say he has to like the game as well, so you wouldnt be seeing him play mkx that's for sure but nice try lul.

Who is SFV respected by? Because I can link you 5 interviews all from the last week of top SFV players saying the game isn't well designed and too scrub friendly.

Bonchan himself said the patches were designed by retards.

SF is respected. SFV is considered a joke even by the people who are best at it.
you realize you can criticize and respect something.... at the same time lul

What's the endgame circlejerk each other cherry picking lines from some top players here? You guys just look insecure af, sf and even sfv despite all its shortcomings is better off than the nrs scene 100% facts no matter how much you quote people you should worry about that lul

Last edited:

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Ya bro you're gonna have to source that. He disrespects the balance 90% and then 10% towards saying it's simple.

It literally says in the time stamp before you watch the video "BONCHAN WANTS TO MAKE IT CLEAR HE DOESN'T DISLIKE SFV, HE JUST WANTS TO SEE IT IMPROVED. BONCHAN REALLY LIKES THE SFV'S CONCEPT IN GENERAL. LOOKING FWD / HOPEFUL FOR FUTURE.

Also saying "he would play anything else that pays" to the question of "do you play any other fighting games" because he's a professional gamer who plays games for money, it's his job. Needless to say he has to like the game as well, so you wouldnt be seeing him play mkx that's for sure but nice try lul.

you realize you can criticize and respect something.... at the same time lul

What's the endgame circlejerk each other cherry picking lines from some top players here? You guys just look insecure af, sf and even sfv despite all its shortcomings is better off than the nrs scene you should worry about that lul
Know what's insecure? A person on the internet going out of their way to defend a game they like over and over at every turn to a bunch of strangers they'll never meet.

You're allowed to like SFV. Chill.

trufenix

bye felicia
The patch was driven too much by community input, but disrespecting the balance decisions isn't disrespecting the game, also bonchans character got super butchered so not surprised he'd be mad.
How is disrespecting balance decisions not disrespecting the game? If the reason I don't like the game is shitty balance decisions I still don't like the game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Know what's insecure? A guy on the internet going out of his way to defend a game he likes over and over at every turn to a bunch of strangers they'll never meet.

You're allowed to like SFV. Chill.
I'm the insecure one because sfv is more successful...? not it just boggles my mind that this is the hill the nrs players want to die on. "Look man our games have like 1/5 of the tournament entries, like 1/10 of the viewership, 0/4 of celebrities playing exhibitions and 1/4 of the lifespan, and you know everyone makes fun of us, but bonchan said he doesn't like they nerfed his character so hold that Capcom player winky face" lul

like it's sad man grasping at straws just play your game I'm sorry the Capcom players hurt you guys. The worse parts of sfv gameplay these top players dislike are amplified in nrs games which is why there is no dedicated interviewer like BornFree to reference for criticizing them in the first place let alone play the games. and if it's not insecurity then what's the point of going on this hard about a game that obviously is more popular in the fgc than yours? Just have fun and go with it, all the beef like punk and sonic

How is disrespecting balance decisions not disrespecting the game? If the reason I don't like the game is shitty balance decisions I still don't like the game.

not liking they overbuffed 2 characters and overnerfed some characters including his has what do with the core game mechanics?

Pretty simple

Last edited:
Because a few balance decisions you disagree with strongly doesn't somehow make the whole game shit? I think capcoms dropped the ball in a hundred different places but that's not exactly a new thing in the industry. I mean it's whatever but let's just wait and check the evo entrants to see what people in the FGC enjoy playing.

Sfv still plays like SF. And that's enough for a lot of people.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I'm the insecure one because sfv is more successful...? not it just boggles my mind that this is the hill the nrs players want to die on. "Look man our games have like 1/5 of the tournament entries, like 1/10 of the viewership, and 1/4 of the lifespan, and you know everyone makes fun of us, but bonchan said he doesn't like they nerfed his character so hold that Capcom player winky face" lul
Did anyone question any of this stuff? I sure didn't. Who are you even talking to and getting angry at? Other than just having a conversation with yourself in your head.

All I said is the game isn't very respected.

But continue being butthurt due to insecurities by strangers on the internet and using "lul" in place of periods. It's fun to watch.

I play all fighting games. Some of them happen to be NRS games.

Also, SFV more successful? I'm sure NRS and Capcom don't feel that way. Last time I checked 6 was a much bigger number than 1.5. (Also when MKX was on CW it had higher ratings than any time SFV has been on TV ;))

Last edited:
Did anyone question any of this stuff? I sure didn't. Who are you even talking to and getting angry at? Other than just having a conversation with yourself in your head.

But continue being butthurt due to insecurities by strangers on the internet and using "lul" in place of periods. It's fun to watch.

Also, SFV more successful? I'm sure NRS and Capcom don't feel that way. Last time I checked 6 was a much bigger number than 1.5. (Also when MKX was on CW it had higher ratings than any time SFV has been on TV ;))
You seem to not understand sales to a community and sales to casual people. Also SF 5 blew every other game in any tournament in viewers. And your cw comparison is laughable, since you know, it was televised on a PAID WORLD CLASS SPORTS CHANNEL ON PRIMETIME TV! Sorry but I had to caps lock it to see if you finally get it. You're only making your argument more comical.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
You seem to not understand sales to a community and sales to casual people. Also SF 5 blew every other game in any tournament in viewers. And your cw comparison is laughable, since you know, it was televised on a PAID WORLD CLASS SPORTS CHANNEL ON PRIMETIME TV! Sorry but I had to caps lock it to see if you finally get it. You're only making your argument more comical.
No. Shouting doesn't make it make anymore sense. You know SFV has been on primetime tv as well, right? Both ESPN and TBS. The amount of viewers MKX had were higher than any time SFV has been.

And sales are sales. That's what matters to the company. That's why SFV gets animations like Cammy's new air throw, and darts on the wall balance patches, because they didn't profit enough to support it properly.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@CrimsonShadow said this a few years ago. Still relevant.

Everyone is comparing apples and oranges. The truth is that Capcom games have undergone minor iterations for decades. If you've been playing more or less the same games for years, you'd also probably be good enough to add side games to your arsenal.

SF4 is an iterative improvement on previous SFs, as is MVC3 on MVC2. Which was an iterative improvement on Marvel vs. Capcom. Which was born from X-men vs. Street Fighter... Etc. Imagine if people had been playing versions of Injustice since 2000. Instead, we went from classic MK to MK3 (which had all kinds of system changes) to MK4, to the modern 3d MK era, to MK9 which was a new hybrid, and now to Injustice which is a totally different game.

If we'd been playing iterations on Injustice or MK9 for the last decade, squeezing every last drop out of the game's fundamentals, we'd probably be leaps and bounds better at it than anyone else. Just like the people who have been playing Tekken forever. Instead we have a game that was literally a completely different type of 3D fighting game (and somewhat of a broken mishmash) 2 iterations ago.

In addition, while SF stayed in arcades, MK made the transition long ago to home systems; which means that the highly competitive arcade culture (and the conversation of tech and ideas from Japan's arcade scene) that created the current Capcom environment did not exist in our scene for a number of years. There were a few hardcore devotees and that was it.

(Again not that it would have mattered as much, because the game completly changed with MK9 anyway).

So the moral of the story is that people need to stop comparing these scenes like they're equivalent or are somehow built from the same type of resources as each other. They are 100% different worlds, and trying to equate them is an exercise in futility.

Play what you play, and be proud of it.

No. Shouting doesn't make it make anymore sense. You know SFV has been on primetime tv as well, right? Both ESPN and TBS. The amount of viewers MKX had were higher than any time SFV has been.

And sales are sales. That's what matters to the company. That's why SFV gets animations like Cammy's new air throw because they don't have enough money to spend on the game to support it properly.
Yeah but when sfv was on espn it was also viewable on numerous other platforms so yeah there's a difference there. Also I don't think 10pm is prime time.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

Also, SFV more successful... I'm sure NRS and Capcom don't feel that way. Last time I checked 6 was a bigger number than 1.5.

ya bro those sales numbers really saved your game huh. it just makes it looks all the more sad that other games out-everything it when it's mentioned more than anything else lul.

yes and your need to come into an unrelated thread to explain to everyone that "sf isn't respected" with your bonchan interviews on deck like anyone asked is pointed out to prob just being randomly insecure and responding with "no ur insecure" is textbook projection lul but whatever you say man

8pm is. On TBS.
Pretty sure it was viewable on multiple other platforms as well. I was referring to evo with the ten pm part. Again though who cares? Sfv is gonna be at evo for years to come for a reason and the NRS community is gonna have to group fund a side tourney for a game that sold 5 million copies two years ago lol.

Okay so English isn't your first language. Guess we can't have a discussion.
LMAO!!! When was mkx on ESPN? On PRIMETIME tv? I was obviously talking about sf5. I suggest you stop telling people which language isn't their first if you're worse.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
LMAO!!! When was mkx on ESPN? On PRIMETIME tv? I was obviously talking about sf5. I suggest you stop telling people which language isn't their first if you're worse.
MKX was on PRIMETIME TV on CW. Where it had 700k viewers. How do you not know that yet are arguing about it?